Midfield

BigBearButt

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

He did play in fantastic pass for Miller which hit the post. I think he is more a box to box rather than trying to plan a holding role which he had never played until he came to Rangers. 

The main problem for me is he doesn't put any effort in. For someone who claims to love Rangers as much as he does, he should be busting his arse, especially against Celtic. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Agree with Halliday but disagree re Holt. I think he has a big heart and never hides. Totally handicapped by having r ply alongside Halliday. 

Like I said, he popped up with some positivity in spells, good player but nowhere near enough today. Halliday was absolutely pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Remember when we added fight, talent and ability to our midfield in the summer?

Rossiter? Barton? Kranjcar? Crooks? 

I can't be the only one that is amazed that after all the rambling about signing 11 players etc we actually still have pretty much the exact same team as last year.

It's a very good point, everyone was in agreement that the midfield that played in the Championship wouldn't cut it in the SPFL but by one reason or another that's exactly what we have. It just makes this transfer window so important.