Halliday is our worst player

Gallows high

Just now, ForeverBlue1872 said:

Does he even play in this CDM role? The distance he leaves between himself and the defenders is fucking massive. When teams hit us on the counter you see Andy still in the oppositions half.

I genuinely couldn't tell you where he plays as he is all over the place.whether it is CDM or CM or RCM or whatever, he really doesn't suit playing in midfield. I've seen him line up on the right side of central midfield. The right! He doesn't have a right foot at all, it's absolutely crazy. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Would we have said the had that cross he hit ended up in a goal? I like him, but he is not the player to be the main man in midfield. If we had a better midfield he would be a perfect squad/utility player. I would keep all of the midfielders that we started with today, I just don't think they are automatic first choices; there should be better quality there with those three supporting them in a squad. Halliday never hides, and he came through when we were chasing the equaliser. He didn't play brilliantly, but neither did he have a completely bad match. He just isn't good enough for what we ask him to do.

I think he does hide . If there is a loose ball or second ball in midfield he never takes the responsibility of trying to win it and he is never available for a pass 

actually thought holt played very well today , always trying to be positive and get forward and for the smallest guy in midfield had most dig 

saw on my Twitter yesterday that Claudio Reyna was back in Scotland and holt sort of reminds me of Reyna , always trying to link midfield with forwards and lots of tidy passing . I like holts resilience , like Barrie Mackay he will get clobbered loads but still takes his man on / looks for the positive forward movement 

50 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He's not been playing well, in a poor team but this sort of criticism is poor. He's a good lad and only wants what is best for the club. It's not his fault he is being hung out to dry by the manager. 

It doesn't matter what position MW plays him in he'd still struggle. He is too ponderous on the ball wanting too much time that usually leads to him losing possession or giving a hospital pass to a team mate. The style of play MW wants us to play requires players who are comfortable under pressure which Halliday most certainly isn't, the amount of times the referees have bailed him out when he has been caught in possession is unreal.  At the start of the season when he was in the front two of the midfield three he was just as poor.

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

The whole midfield disappeared after they equalised. Each and every one. MW should have realised that and changed it accordingly. Instead we just plodded on and hoped for the best that they wouldnt score another.

yup. No changes to prevent them scoring. Just more changes to see if we can score. Its FIFA 17 football management.

2 minutes ago, Gallows high said:

saw on my Twitter yesterday that Claudio Reyna was back in Scotland and holt sort of reminds me of Reyna , always trying to link midfield with forwards and lots of tidy passing . I like holts resilience , like Barrie Mackay he will get clobbered loads but still takes his man on / looks for the positive forward movement 

Is he a free agent

2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

It doesn't matter what position MW plays him in he'd still struggle. He is too ponderous on the ball wanting too much time that usually leads to him losing possession or giving a hospital pass to a team mate. The style of play MW wants us to play requires players who are comfortable under pressure which Halliday most certainly isn't, the amount of times the referees have bailed him out when he has been caught in possession is unreal.  At the start of the season when he was in the front two of the midfield three he was just as poor.

Can't argue with that. 

Just now, Gallows high said:

I think he does hide . If there is a loose ball or second ball in midfield he never takes the responsibility of trying to win it and he is never available for a pass 

actually thought holt played very well today , always trying to be positive and get forward and for the smallest guy in midfield had most dig 

If Holt had a final ball he would be some player. Even today he lacked that final pass and we may have led 2-0. I was surprised that Holt came off. It's strange but I'm going to agree with you about Halliday but say he doesn't hide, but what I mean he doesn't hide is he can make an error and still play with his head up and still be involved in the game. Your criticism I would say is more to do with the limitations to his game. I don't Halliday is capable of the things you say, which is why I think we need two midfielders of superior quality than what we have already.

1 hour ago, Gallows high said:

We will never win the league with him regularly in the team . We have no midfield and he is the worst culprit . He can't tackle , falls over all the time and is a shit bag . I don't care if he is dyed in the wool etc etc , he is a fucking fraud 

He's playing a role that he can't play at all. We have no-one else to be the deep lying midfielder. He's clearly better as an attacking midfielder as his pass to Miller showed today 

Calling him a disgrace and a fraud is a joke. Have a word with yourselves fs

My main issue with Halliday is that I saw what he did against brown etc at hampden in the semi and just expect more from one of our own . If he can do that once he should be able to replicate it 

he is limited but so is brown yet look how effective he is for his team . Halliday should get up to 20% more of his performances due to his affinity with the club 

I had the benefit of watching barry Ferguson and you saw a young rangers fan with desire , heart and swagger controlling the midfield, just expect more from someone who gets all the songs and runs about throwing his arms up to the support 

6 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He's playing a role that he can't play at all. We have no-one else to be the deep lying midfielder. He's clearly better as an attacking midfielder as his pass to Miller showed today 

He thinks he can play it, he said the other week he's been happy with his performances there.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He picks him so i would guess it has everything to do with him. He has put Andy in the firing line, Andy is only doing his job, he may well be shite but he always gives 100%. 

By rolling around clutching his leg every 20 mins? He's a fraud. 

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Very harsh. We won titles with Christian Dailly and Kirk Broadfoot in the team. You do know he isn't a defensive midfielder, or even a midfielder for that matter? He's been here 2 years now and has been shoe horned into midfield by a manager who doesn't know what he is doing. 

TBH he hasn't much about him and like MW, out of his depth in this league.

10 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Bottom line, he shouldn't be getting picked at all and if our clueless manager had any where with all, he might just think if nobody can play that role, then play to a players strength and maybe something positive will come from it, but no, he's an idiot that believes his way is infallible, who puts in a player that adds little value and exposes the defence, which with our crew, isn't a good place to be!

tav
kiernan
waghorn
holt
wilson
windass

there are 6 just as bad as halliday, and tbh i will be fair to them, they arent shite in footballing terms, they are just shite for the level that we need and aspire to attain

all 6 of they players could earn a tidy corn down in league 1 in england, under hardly any pressure, just play everyweek and try your best material, up here its win or bust

5 minutes ago, Gallows high said:

My main issue with Halliday is that I saw what he did against brown etc at hampden in the semi and just expect more from one of our own . If he can do that once he should be able to replicate it 

he is limited but so is brown yet look how effective he is for his team . Halliday should get up to 20% more of his performances due to his affinity with the club 

I had the benefit of watching barry Ferguson and you saw a young rangers fan with desire , heart and swagger controlling the midfield, just expect more from someone who gets all the songs and runs about throwing his arms up to the support 

Barry Ferguson had some talent and played with outstanding players, Halliday doesn't. I just think Halliday should be dropped as he's just not up to it just now however like some posters I won't resort to calling him a fraud and suchlike. The fact that Halliday is a big Rangers fan is probably harder than the other players as in a way he can't do right for doing wrong and by that I mean if he goes about throwing his arms up to the support and monaning and shouting at teammates then ppl say that he thinks he's the king of ibrox and if he goes about his game quietly and plays his game then ppl say he should be more involved and getting the team fired up as that's what any Rangers fan would do. Lose lose situation for him. 

32 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

The whole midfield disappeared after they equalised. Each and every one. MW should have realised that and changed it accordingly. Instead we just plodded on and hoped for the best that they wouldnt score another.

When things are going against us we tend to revert back to the tippy tappy stuff that doesn't really go anywhere and drop off the opposition making it easy for them to control the game.

1 minute ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Barry Ferguson had some talent and played with outstanding players, Halliday doesn't. I just think Halliday should be dropped as he's just not up to it just now however like some posters I won't resort to calling him a fraud and suchlike. The fact that Halliday is a big Rangers fan is probably harder than the other players as in a way he can't do right for doing wrong and by that I mean if he goes about throwing his arms up to the support and monaning and shouting at teammates then ppl say that he thinks he's the king of ibrox and if he goes about his game quietly and plays his game then ppl say he should be more involved and getting the team fired up as that's what any Rangers fan would do. Lose lose situation for him. 

Just now? He never will be, along with many others in our squad. The ability needed you are born with, otherwise every player could be turned into Messi ffs.

2 hours ago, Gallows high said:

We will never win the league with him regularly in the team . We have no midfield and he is the worst culprit . He can't tackle , falls over all the time and is a shit bag . I don't care if he is dyed in the wool etc etc , he is a fucking fraud 

Oh goody - we haven't had a fan hateing players page for a day or so - whoopee here we go let's get stuck in again to the guys living our dream and doing things we can only dream off!