Next year...

Amato

Negatives first.

The season has been a write off and we've lurched from one mess to another with the Barton debacle and Krancjar (and others) injuries. Then there's the general underestimation of the standard of competition compared to the championship. Add to that the fact that Savco have had an unexpectedly good season and here we are, miles behind.

Let's look at the positives.

The January transfer window is about to open. We are surely going to strengthen the midfield,  we can hopefully bring in at least Jota and then strengthen again in the summer.

We have European football to look forward to.

The team will have had a season to adjust to the step up in quality from the championship to the premier league.

It's highly unlikely Savco will perform as strongly in the league next season. They are bang average.

With some good work in the January and summer transfer markets we can challenge next season and personally I can't wait to see us back in Europe.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

bang average yet absolutely pissing the league and pumping us in our own back garden

They've had an unusually good start to the season. The league is shite, they aren't great and to be honest I don't see them keeping all of dembele, Sinclair and Brenda come next year

1 minute ago, Amato said:

They've had an unusually good start to the season. The league is shite, they aren't great and to be honest I don't see them keeping all of dembele, Sinclair and Brenda come next year

rodgers will stay, unrestricted access to the CL qualifiers will do that, sinclair will as well as no cunt wants him down south, he has an easy ride up here and is coasting through games, why would he move, and dembele will go but they can simply afford to replace him

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

New year and a new manager. The build for next season should stat tmrw. Without fail. 

I like MW, he's trying to put in place a structure that will continue for years and should be given time. If we are in same position one year from now I agree, get shot, but think we will come good

Just now, Amato said:

I like MW, he's trying to put in place a structure that will continue for years and should be given time. If we are in same position one year from now I agree, get shot, but think we will come good

I've no problem with you thinking that mate, i on the other hand have seen more than enough. Some of the reason i posted on here

earlier and there are many other reasons as well. 

It's a game of opinions i guess mate. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

rodgers will stay, unrestricted access to the CL qualifiers will do that, sinclair will as well as no cunt wants him down south, he has an easy ride up here and is coasting through games, why would he move, and dembele will go but they can simply afford to replace him

Depends who comes in for Rodgers. Although I suspect it'll need to be one of the big English teams to get him to move given he has already managed Liverpool. Can see offers for Dembele and Sinclair coming in next month and certainly in the summer. More important is who we bring in.

7 minutes ago, Amato said:

That's fine then we will just wait til they sell their best players and their manager leaves and we will be back on top of the shitey league again .......

3 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

That's fine then we will just wait til they sell their best players and their manager leaves and we will be back on top of the shitey league again .......

If you look at the OP that's not what I think we're relying on

Just now, kdybear55 said:

Who would you like to see replace him? 

Very difficult question and one our board will have to answer, it's their decision. Who i want may be unrealistic or not good enough for you or many others. It's a matter of opinion on here. Put on the spot i'm struggling to answer right now if i'm being honest. I would need some time to think. He has to be a winner, ruthless, intelligent and ambitious. Have far more experience than 70 odd games and some sort of track record of being able to do the job. 

Would Marcelo Gallardo be out of our league? Huge success in South America, possibly looking for a route to a big European league via European football and domestic success in the UK. I don't know. King and Gilligan probably don't even know how he is. 

Lars Lagerback is the same age as Walter, is he too old? Tremendous experience. To steady our sinking ship. I don't know. 

Is Frank De Boer as unrealistic as Rodgers was for Celtic? Is that the level we have to look at. 

Just names, open to ridicule and mocking of course as people like to do. Bottom line for me is Mark Warburton just isn't a Rangers manager. He's just not. Nothing about him says to me, Rangers manager. 

The next appointment is huge for the Rangers board, i don't think they can afford another failure.