Director of Football.

Would love to see that at the club now - a Rangers man, a man that knows and understand our culture completely to help an d guide Warburton.

Yes, he is attempting to make us into a possession type team - playing attractive football; I concur that the job is too big for him.  Sacking him using an option 

Would a DOF help?

Nope, DoF can often cause conflict with managers if not used properly. As DW said once its better sometimes to have someone here who doesnt have the blue mist and can see things a bit differently. Plus its another unwelcome wage on the clubs payroll

4 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Would love to see that at the club now - a Rangers man, a man that knows and understand our culture completely to help an d guide Warburton.

Yes, he is attempting to make us into a possession type team - playing attractive football; I concur that the job is too big for him.  Sacking him using an option 

Would a DOF help?

I think Warburton is way to stubborn to let anyone tell him what to do, even if it's advice he needs to listen to unfortunately

Just now, feda16 said:

Nope, DoF can often cause conflict with managers if not used properly. As DW said once its better sometimes to have someone here who doesnt have the blue mist and can see things a bit differently. Plus its another unwelcome wage on the clubs payroll

That's th counter agreement I guess, sometimes a but if blue mist would help.  Clear roles and responsibilities need to be identified.  I'm not suggesting someone that picks the team etc.  More of a mentoring type role for Warburton.

6 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Would a DOF help?

Would dof improve the manager tactically ? Would it dramatically improve the ability of our squad? Would he have money to invest in the club?.........sorry mate that's not even worth thinking about warburton is the manager and he is failing to that there is only one action required 

Just now, K.A.I said:

No not for me - just a better manager, players and scouting/coaching staff 

football and success isn't complicated - director of football appointments complicate things 

Yeah agreed mate, although this is the simpler way forward and as you say, less complicated. ..It's the most expensive.  

We don't have the cash to replace Warburton and certainly not the cash to overhaul around 8/9 first players of better quality. 

Just now, Theulstervolunteer said:

Would dof improve the manager tactically ? Would it dramatically improve the ability of our squad? Would he have money to invest in the club?.........sorry mate that's not even worth thinking about warburton is the manager and he is failing to that there is only one action required 

That's the point though mate, we don't have the money required to replace him with a better quality manager.

What do those advocating we appoint a Director of Football propose that this role actually consist of? 

Judging by some of the comments, it appears that people just think hiring someone else in addition to what we have now will help, regardless of what they do.

Just now, He's blue he's white said:

That's the point though mate, we don't have the money required to replace him with a better quality manager.

Even if it would improve matters I suspect the DOF role would command a decent fee/salary....... so in that sense we don't have funds for that either ....... he already has an assistant and brought in mcparland .......if he wants to be a top manager he need to sort this as his own man.

30 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Would a DOF help?

Yes, just throw away more money we can't afford on another useless bastard. That will work!

1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

Not if wee appoint the right person 

The right person is supposed to be the one we appoint as manager. Get that right then why would you need a DoF . Only because the one we have is incompetent? Not like we are ManU or their like and we are pratted remember.

1 hour ago, He's blue he's white said:

Would a DOF help?

I'd rather use the money for a decent centre mid.