Garner out for a possible 3 months

RFCRobertson

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Yeah, I dont understand the treatment of Dodoo at all. Any time I've expected him to be on the park he's not been there - what kind of motivation is that to both improve as a player and work your nuts off for the manager?

The lad clearly has some talent, he scored a double in a game we were 1 nil down in and with his debut with Leicester he scored a debut in the league cup. 

With Garner being out he should be getting a shout with regular starts. Only thing is is I'd say Garner and Dodoo would be decent togather, Garner gives us the ability to start a play up high from a long ball, flick that onto McKay, cross it into Dodoo and bob's your uncle 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

The lad clearly has some talent, he scored a double in a game we were 1 nil down in and with his debut with Leicester he scored a debut in the league cup. 

With Garner being out he should be getting a shout with regular starts. Only thing is is I'd say Garner and Dodoo would be decent togather, Garner gives us the ability to start a play up high from a long ball, flick that onto McKay, cross it into Dodoo and bob's your uncle 

He doesn't really have much choice but to give Dodoo game time now.

MW goes on about younger players needing to get games under their belts, play in competitive games and loans out guys like Hardie, Walsh etc but when it comes to Dodoo who has less game time despite being older it's ok to have him here barely getting a kick.

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He doesn't really have much choice but to give Dodoo game time now.

MW goes on about younger players needing to get games under their belts, play in competitive games and loans out guys like Hardie, Walsh etc but when it comes to Dodoo who has less game time despite being older it's ok to have him here barely getting a kick.

It'll be a big benefit and confidence boost for him.

Game's a bogey concerning the title now this season, so be as well as work on him this season, get him to find his shooting boots and experience by working alongside a vet like Miller and then next season we've got a young striker who can do the job. 

Guest Lloyd72

I'd give dodoo a chance if garner is out, I don't think he got gave a fair shot after his two late goals at Partick he wasn't brilliant at hearts but he took his goal well even if it was disallowed. I think he could still come good. 

Our luck this season is honking. It really seems to be never ending ffs. 

We will miss him a lot and it'll show when Motherwell press us high up the park and we play it up top to a disinterested and ineffective Waghorn who can't hold the  ball up at all, whilst Miller is in the middle of the park and Mckay is touching the byline ffs. 

Dreading the second half of the season now if he is out for 3 months. 

The board need to get a fucking grip, likewise the "independent fans group" who have done FUCK ALL. 

3 hours ago, Teddybear123 said:

I don't understand why so many people say this. The only thing he has to his game is pace, but mozt of the time teams sit in deep against us so there would be no space in behind for him.

saying that, I'd of liked to have seen him put on instead of dodoo on Saturday.

I just think he'd offer something going in behind instead of coming towards the ball.

I'm actually excited to see Dodoo get a run of games, he comes in here and there and does a job, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't but until he gets a run of 10-15 games we'll not really know what he can bring to the team, coming on here and starting there in odd games will inevitably do nothing for him, he'll need multiple games with a nucleas of the same players so he can develop partnerships and understandings.

He's raw as hell but has shown at times he's a good finisher, his two goals at Thistle and his 'goal' at Tynecastle were all different types of goals, they also showed that he can  be counted on when it matters.

We've got a player who deserves a chance we'll never know how good he can be until we give him a proper run of games, I see a bit of Rod Wallace in the way he finishes.

2 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

I'm actually excited to see Dodoo get a run of games, he comes in here and there and does a job, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't but until he gets a run of 10-15 games we'll not really know what he can bring to the team, coming on here and starting there in odd games will inevitably do nothing for him, he'll need multiple games with a nucleas of the same players so he can develop partnerships and understandings.

He's raw as hell but has shown at times he's a good finisher, his two goals at Thistle and his 'goal' at Tynecastle were all different types of goals, they also showed that he can  be counted on when it matters.

We've got a player who deserves a chance we'll never know how good he can be until we give him a proper run of games, I see a bit of Rod Wallace in the way he finishes.

I don't think Dodoo will get a 'run' of games. More likely to see Miller up top with Mckay, Waghorn and O'Halloran. He might get the same occasional run out, probably in wider positions but don't think he'll feature heavily. Which is fine by me because I'm not really seeing it with him. I've never seen someone so young and fit run so slowly. It's like he's running through porridge. 

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Yeah, I dont understand the treatment of Dodoo at all. Any time I've expected him to be on the park he's not been there - what kind of motivation is that to both improve as a player and work your nuts off for the manager?

With you on this, he could be our equivalent of Dembele or Sinclair, there is a player in there, we will never know if he is not given a chance.  

On Tue Jan 03 2017 at 0:05 AM, Queen's_highway said:

Warburton will say he's back next week

Also what's people's love affair with him? He can't even finish his dinner. Sebo was better ffs 

MW said JR would be back in 10 days about 2 months ago.

36 minutes ago, Bluebear11 said:

That's rich coming from Halliday

I can confirm its not haldo but i'm a pretty big deal dont know if you knew i was, but i can confirm one of the guys in the team said this but i dont want him getting in trouble or that hes my mate.

28 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

I can confirm its not haldo but i'm a pretty big deal dont know if you knew i was, but i can confirm one of the guys in the team said this but i dont want him getting in trouble or that hes my mate.

He must not be up to it unless he is BM or WF because the rest are shite consistently.

1 hour ago, M0NTY said:

I don't know what's worse.  The fact you're talking out of your arse or the fact you said "Haldo".