Gascoigne .

Virtuoso

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gazzas agent has been getting a bit of stick for gazzas one man show and being compared to people being exploited in Victorian times but I think that possibly gazzas agent is doing more good than bad. I am aware that gazza frequently doesn't manage to do his show but maybe it does at times give him a reason to get sober. And he probably needs the money as well.

7 hours ago, Bluebear11 said:

His daughter and George Bests son are on a reality show just now. Wouldn't surprise me to see Paul join George. Only a matter of time. It happens every so often.

I think his friends from the football world have given up after donating hundreds of thousands plus to help him.

Can't see him lasting another 18 months.

He was an amazing footballer for us but how many times has he ever been back? Once to sell his book.

He uses everyone for money to feed his addiction. Great footballer but not a great human being.

Can't agree with that to be honest. Gazza gave most of his money away because he was too generous. A kind man who has fallen to the drink. How you can say he's not a great human being is beyond me.

Problem is.. quite sure when Gazza starts to drink.. he probably feels fine.. in control... funny etc.  And his pals -- like this agent nutcase -- encourage him.  One day, we will read the worst.  That is the only certainty here.  

Gazza I hate to say it.. is lost and has been for a long time.  Very sad.  It's not about him being a Rangers great.. this is a human being -- who just happens to be one of the most talented football players ever.  All his 'pals' forget he is a human being and treat him like a money making freak show as that article showed.

Terrible shame... Heartbreaking really.

9 hours ago, Briton said:

I never loved the man-child. Disliked him before he signed for Rangers and was gutted when it happened. The time he needed help was decades ago but he was just seen as 'daft as a brush' rather than having severe issues. Sad.

I wasn't even gutted when Barton signed. Or fucking Jon Daly, nevermind a legitimate world class footballer at the peak of his career. 

Even Kevin Kyle never left me gutted. 

What the fucks wrong with you? :hit:

25 minutes ago, beechwood bear said:

Can't agree with that to be honest. Gazza gave most of his money away because he was too generous. A kind man who has fallen to the drink. How you can say he's not a great human being is beyond me.

I wouldn't say he's a great human being. Has a list of arsehole moments as long as your arm. 

He's generous with his money yes, and was a fantastic footballer. I loved him as a kid, but he was no saint. 

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I wouldn't say he's a great human being. Has a list of arsehole moments as long as your arm. 

He's generous with his money yes, and was a fantastic footballer. I loved him as a kid, but he was no saint. 

Every arsehole moment came through alcohol.  When he stayed in Cameron House,everybody who came into contact with him loved him because he was warm, friendly,funny and generous. Alcohol changes people. Certainly no saint but he's suffering from an illness. Doesn't make you a horrible human being.

It genuinely breaks my heart when I learn that Gazza has again lifted the 1st drink..I wish and Pray he can get a bit of Peace of MInd that might help him. His obsession for alcohol and the hangers on that he attracts fill me with fear that his journey is going to end too soon and what a tragic waste that will be..

4 minutes ago, beechwood bear said:

Every arsehole moment came through alcohol.  When he stayed in Cameron House,everybody who came into contact with him loved him because he was warm, friendly,funny and generous. Alcohol changes people. Certainly no saint but he's suffering from an illness. Doesn't make you a horrible human being.

I know plenty of people that are the nicest most genuine you'd meet. Then when they have a drink, they're vicious arseholes. It's an evil poison 

8 hours ago, Bluebear11 said:

His daughter and George Bests son are on a reality show just now. Wouldn't surprise me to see Paul join George. Only a matter of time. It happens every so often.

I think his friends from the football world have given up after donating hundreds of thousands plus to help him.

Can't see him lasting another 18 months.

He was an amazing footballer for us but how many times has he ever been back? Once to sell his book.

He uses everyone for money to feed his addiction. Great footballer but not a great human being.

Fuck up

He doesn't use everyone for their money

He gave away most of his fortune to leaches , firstly because he was so generous but secondly because he's bi polar and that's part of the condition. 

Did you know him personally? If not, which I'm sure is the case then how can you say he's not a great human being? Because what you've read in the papers. 

11 hours ago, Briton said:

I never loved the man-child. Disliked him before he signed for Rangers and was gutted when it happened. The time he needed help was decades ago but he was just seen as 'daft as a brush' rather than having severe issues. Sad.

Honestly cannot believe this comment. 

You Gary Charles?

Pissings me off when people slag off other people they've never met  If we had a couple of players that are half as good as him when he played for us we'd piss the league even with cluster fucks kiernan and Tavernier in the team. Would be nice if the club could help like make him a guide on stadium tours or hospitality host .players like Gascoigne are part of are history I hate seeing  ex players that I loved watching  reading about a slow decline in the media.

One of the most gifted footballers I ever saw, it really is incredibly sad to see how the sickness has ravaged him to a shadow of his former self. The drink can absolutely turn the most gentle souls into violent lunatics and we can all see what it does in the long run. Never met the man so can't comment on his personality but can only hope it's not too late for him. Again, not knowing much about his relationships it does seem like his agent/manager is at the very least enabling him, if what we read is true. Truth is, nobody can help someone that refuses to be helped though. 

What makes this even more heartbreaking is that every now and then you'll see him pop up on something and he seems to have turned the corner. I remember he popped up on BT sport not so long ago with Savage and the other presenter and he was brilliant telling stories, speaking clearly etc. 

Then you read that something has happened or he's been admitted to hospital and your heart sinks that he's back to square one again. I guess it's just me being naive that he'll actually ever get better. 

Absolute genius on the park...greatest player I've ever seen playing at Ibrox. Sadly he suffers from an illness which without the right help,he has no control over.I'd love nothing more than to see Gazza get well....as for the poster who "was gutted at signing Gazza" what a bellend!!

Bet ye wurnae gutted when he smashed in a hatrick to win us no.8.....

Sadly I think his demise is inevitable, I've seen this type of scenario all too close up and the one thing I learned is that no matter how well intentioned everyone else is, only that person themselves has the power to change it.

If Gazza doesn't want to beat this enough, it won't happen.

17 hours ago, Briton said:

You don't like #8........?

Can I be a Moderator for a couple of hours?