Gascoigne .

Virtuoso

On 1/4/2017 at 6:57 AM, Briton said:

I never loved the man-child. Disliked him before he signed for Rangers and was gutted when it happened. The time he needed help was decades ago but he was just seen as 'daft as a brush' rather than having severe issues. Sad.

Take yourself and jump off a bridge...with a cross round your neck :) 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor old Gazza, wish he could be helped but by the nature of the beast that's beyond the power of a mere mortal. The death wish is there and it's only a matter of time. Loved the halcyon daze he contributed to the team and fans. He's undoubtably his own worst enemy but those round about him have a lot to answer for, sad to watch! 

image.gif

On 04/01/2017 at 6:52 AM, Gaz52 said:

Daily Mail jumping all over a man with a serious life-threatening illness. 

He's been to the best rehab facilities in the world, Lineker paid for one out of his own pocket. He doesn't want the help sadly, he wants to drink himself to death, there's no saving someone who doesn't want to be saved. 

It's a liberty. Just wish the love we and other football fans show him was enough to fill that void in his life that he tries to fill with alcohol. 

Sad sad times. 

On 04/01/2017 at 5:24 PM, Queen's_highway said:

Fuck up

He doesn't use everyone for their money

He gave away most of his fortune to leaches , firstly because he was so generous but secondly because he's bi polar and that's part of the condition. 

Did you know him personally? If not, which I'm sure is the case then how can you say he's not a great human being? Because what you've read in the papers. 

He lived in the White House in Kilbarchan and my late wifes brother met him a number of times. I know others from when he was Kettering manager. I've never heard anyone say he wasn't the nicest and most generous person they'd met. His excesses seem entirely drink related.

The parallels with George Best are frightening. Too many are too happy for him to take a drink and wait for the chaos to ensue. In Gazzas case I think his downward spiral started when he moved to London. Mel Stein has a lot to answer for. Maybe it was always in him but I think he would have been managed better elsewhere.

On 04/01/2017 at 6:57 AM, Briton said:

I never loved the man-child. Disliked him before he signed for Rangers and was gutted when it happened. The time he needed help was decades ago but he was just seen as 'daft as a brush' rather than having severe issues. Sad.

Are you for,fucking real

3 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

He lived in the White House in Kilbarchan and my late wifes brother met him a number of times. I know others from when he was Kettering manager. I've never heard anyone say he wasn't the nicest and most generous person they'd met. His excesses seem entirely drink related.

The parallels with George Best are frightening. Too many are too happy for him to take a drink and wait for the chaos to ensue. In Gazzas case I think his downward spiral started when he moved to London. Mel Stein has a lot to answer for. Maybe it was always in him but I think he would have been managed better elsewhere.

Once the stage lights were turned off the great entertainer had nowhere to go, what a fantastic footballer who did not half conjur up some magic when he was with us, as a player he was a one off and I don't think anyone playing since or up to now could even come close to his unique skills, only one man can help Paul Gascoigne and that is himself and I don't think he can.

I don't think Gazza will make old bones.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Terrific footballer, bit of a wank of a man. Hitting his wife, no excuse for that. Cowardly. Too many of our fans are happy to fling mud at Collymore but defend Gazza to the hilt. Odd.

Collymore is a wank of a man in all respects. Gazza shouldn't have hit Sheryl but she has made the most of it as has her daughter. A huge difference to how Collymores victim has reacted. 

That they both retain his surname should be a bit of a clue as to the difference between the situations. Gazzas mental health may be mitigation too. Collymores record goes far beyond the Paris incident.

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Collymore is a wank of a man in all respects. Gazza shouldn't have hit Sheryl but she has made the most of it as has her daughter. A huge difference to how Collymores victim has reacted. 

That they both retain his surname should be a bit of a clue as to the difference between the situations. Gazzas mental health may be mitigation too. Collymores record goes far beyond the Paris incident.

Plus gazza's name makes you think of sexy football, collymore's name makes you think of cauliflower. I don't like cauliflower.

19 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Plus gazza's name makes you think of sexy football, collymore's name makes you think of cauliflower. I don't like cauliflower.

How dare you besmirch cauliflower like that.

Living in his home town I've heard a number of stories about Collymore. Not exactly a popular character round these parts.