Should we stick to 3-5-2?

bluchoo

Ok i know we got beat v them and at St Johnstone we drew but for periods in both games i felt we played some of our best stuff this season.

The 4-3-3 has been exposed and we are struggleing to break teams down so is it time for a permanent change?

Worked wonders for Chelsea since they switched...i know we are not Chelsea but could the change help us

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe not for this season but in the future I could see a system like this working.

image.jpeg

Then for games in Europe and perhaps Old Firms switch to a 4 at the back formation.

EDIT - It's deliberately wonky btw

Not sure to be honest.

I feel like it works with Garner as one of the front two, where we can go direct to get us up the park and then use our more skilful players to unlock defences. 

Without him as that outball, we fanny about with it too deep and just end up losing it as we are pressed back with no where to go. 

Might work with MOH, Dodoo or Miller as the second striker, but Waghorn's hold up and arial ability is rubbish to play the 'target man' role. Might work with Kenny in that role, if he actually stuck to a forward central position. 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We don't have the players at the moment to implement it properly, but it's still better than 4-3-3. 

So if not 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 what are you looking for?

4-4-2 exposes us even more, midfield is powderpuff with 3 CMs nevermind 2. 

Assuming we are Garnerless for the foreseeable, and Rossiter ships off down south - I reckon we'll probably see...

Fod

Kiernan Hill Wilson

Tav                         Wallace

Halliday Holt

Windass                 McKay

Miller

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Assuming we are Garnerless for the foreseeable, and Rossiter ships off down south - I reckon we'll probably see...

Fod

Kiernan Hill Wilson

Halliday Holt

Miller

God that's depressing

Whatever the formation we need to get guys who can take the chances.Once again as all season good chances missed against the scum and this has been going on all season whether 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 or whatever formation you want to put out.

13 minutes ago, MillwallLoyal said:

As a plan A.. Yes.

Would like to see this line-up..

FODERINGHAM

SENDEROS - HILL - WALLACE

ROSSITER/CROOKS

TAVERNIER - WINDASS - FORRESTER - MCKAY

WAGHORN - GARNER

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than see Senderos play for us again.

I think it could work, have seen some decent play under it but ultimately we don't have the players.

Twice we've conceded and the fire as just completely went out. We'd need at least 3 midfielders, 2 more forwards and at least 1 defender if we did want to do that.

We really lack depth right now. The only position we are fine in is the goalkeeper department, Wes is a great keeper and Gilks is just as good. Looking forward to the Cup game to see him play. 

If we have a good Defensive Midfielder we could go with 3 at the back. To me this is the key to the team with 3 or 4 at the back as it will take pressure off the CB's and release the midfielders. 

If all that is said about Rossiter is true and he is ever fit he could be the player we need. Oh to have someone like a Makelele, Dave McKay or even our own Ian Ferguson.

22 minutes ago, MillwallLoyal said:

As a plan A.. Yes.

Would like to see this line-up..

FODERINGHAM

SENDEROS - HILL - WALLACE

ROSSITER/CROOKS

TAVERNIER - WINDASS - FORRESTER - MCKAY

WAGHORN - GARNER

Your choices bemuse me more every time.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Fod

Kiernan Hill Wilson

Halliday Holt

Miller

I hope not as that is as good as having nothing in the middle of the park, a strong midfield runs right over the top of that.  Before we even start looking our entire right hand side.  We simply have to have add quality.