Ferguson on Le Guen.

Prso's headband

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Say what you want about Barry as a person but I'd never doubt his commitment to our club he's a bear through and through. I'd love someone like him in our team now a guy that knows what it's all about

Nail on the head.

Halliday was meant to be that guy, know what it's all about and he's been posted missing on a consistent basis. Blames everyone else and rolls about the floor. 

Ferguson would never stand for the way Halliday conducts himself going into a tackle

Ferguson explained that well. I remember being disappointed in him at the time because I thought it was shit to undermine the Rangers manager but he was right enough.

I doubt MW rants and raves at them but if you seen his coupon in the interview after the filth game then I think the players would have known to keep their mouths shut. Him and Davie don't look like a couple of pussies to me. 

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Said it many times, but Barry should be working with the club, developing younger players and passing on his experience from Rangers, saying down south and captaining his country.

He loves the club and fuck do we need guys like him. 

This. I get he wants a career after football and he's just starting out with Clyde but I think if he was offered a role at Rangers he would jump at the chance. I'm not saying he could go on to manage us but we could do a lot worse than having him around the club. 

For all his mistakes and whatever you can't argue with the fact he is a winner and knows what playing for us means.

I just can't see anyone in our squad having the same winning mentality. Barton was probably pretty close to this but obviously didn't fit and the rest is history etc.

We lack winners across our whole club. Board don't seem to to care about winning or not as we get 2nd with chance of European football , manager seems to care more about progress and possession than end result and the players don't have seem to have the Rangers winning mentality. What I'd give to see someone within our squad/management actually passionately go through the players in public and slaughter them just to see if it gets a proper reaction. Everyone is too nice in my opinion .

We need fight and passion back from top to bottom. MW doesn't have the unbeaten at home thing anymore but a draw is a defeat to us. He doesn't get that.

7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Said it many times, but Barry should be working with the club, developing younger players and passing on his experience from Rangers, playing down south and captaining his country.

He loves the club and fuck do we need guys like him. 

Coaching ability should come first,if they're Rangers men all the better but I wouldn't give Barry or any ex player a coaching job purely on what they did as a player or how big a Rangers man they are.

32 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Hate to say it but there is shades of MW in here. 

I actually think that's the way MWs dressing room is. After a draw or defeat everything is all cosy and nice and it isn't a bad thing sometimes. 

Sad but true IMO

Probably right there ?

I know people are saying warburton is brining a style of play in and have patience but I would swap that in an instant for that winning mentality to be back inthe squad even if it meant the football was turgid to watch at times , as Barry says it winning that matters at rangers  . 

21 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Coaching ability should come first,if they're Rangers men all the better but I wouldn't give Barry or any ex player a coaching job purely on what they did as a player or how big a Rangers man they are.

I agree but he is developing that side of his skill set and in the future should be involved.

We would be foolish not to let his experience and mistakes influence the development of future youth players.

37 minutes ago, JamieD said:

No arguments with him about Le Guen but I'm just wondering where this "This is Rangers, there are standards" philosophy was when he and Allan McGregor were acting like little schoolboys on international duty.

They did nothing wrong at Hampden in my eyes.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I agree but he is developing that side of his skill set and in the future should be involved.

We would be foolish not to let his experience and mistakes influence the development of future youth players.

The one thing I would say in his favour is that he's went away and tried to learn his trade as a coach rather than just being given a coaching job at the end of their time as a player.