Jon Toral Signs Until End of Season.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I thought tav would be fine in this league and he was at the start but he's been shite since the first Hearts game, Waghorn I never expected to do much for us because he wasted so many chances last season, but I still think we could make a couple million off them from a league 1 side.

Grant Hanley went for over 5 mill so anything is possible down south.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

We'd still get 2nd without him, or anyone for that matter. We'd just trundle on like we are, finish comfortably 2nd whilst being 25+ points behind the tarriers with or without Toral.

Guaranteed? We need players a lot better than what is either in our team at the moment, or those of the teams around us. If he is one of those players then we should sign him, even if it's short term.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What's the point of limiting the discussion to players bought, when McKay effectively came from a period on loan and wouldn't have been on the radar of many people even a year and half ago. This is a guy at the age 20 wasn't even in the team to get us promoted from the Championship first time around. If it's players bought, then okay, but if it's the effect of Warburton on players to bring them on and make them valuable additions to his teams then I would suggest McKay is relevant to the discussion.

Because the discussion was about MW's ability with transfer funds

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What's the point of limiting the discussion to players bought, when McKay effectively came from a period on loan and wouldn't have been on the radar of many people even a year and half ago? This is a guy at the age 20 who wasn't even in the team to get us promoted from the Championship first time around. If it's players bought, then okay, but if it's the effect of Warburton on players to bring them on and make them valuable additions to his teams then I would suggest McKay is relevant to the discussion.

Because it's 2 different points .. I'm not limiting it, i addressed it with my own input 

it is related for the reason you mentioned but the way you started your comment off with "and Barrie McKay" when my comment about Garner was strictly about players bought (and tongue in cheek) was strange because it looks like your saying he bought McKay and sold him for ten million or something 

couple more bad games McKay will be shite again as no one mass hysteria or mass negativity based on a couple of good or bad games quite like the Rangers support 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Because it's 2 different points .. I'm not limiting it, i addressed it with my own input 

it is related for the reason you mentioned but the way you started your comment off with "and Barrie McKay" when my comment about Garner was strictly about players bought (and tongue in cheek) was strange because it looks like your saying he bought McKay and sold him for ten million or something 

couple more bad games McKay will be shite again as no one mass hysteria or mass negativity based on a couple of good or bad games quite like the Rangers support 

I like McKay and have always rated him, but still he has so many flaws to his game his consistency and final ball at times are very poor, I think he would be a star at a Hearts or a Hibs as you only have to turn it on every few games at Rangers he has to be good every game and he doesn't have that in him yet.

Not to say he can get there but he has a good bit to go yet.

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We'd still get 2nd without him, or anyone for that matter. We'd just trundle on like we are, finish comfortably 2nd whilst being 25+ points behind the tarriers with or without Toral.

Why are we so deluded that we think we can even get close to the tarriers given the financial gulf and unless King comes good with his 30 mill they will stroll to ten in a row.

get real MW is working under a budget that is a million miles from them.

we didn't deserve to lose that game and if forrester wasn't a greedy bastard we would have won.

The rest can't touch them though they will win 99% of the time against the rest 

1 minute ago, AllyDawson72 said:

Why are we so deluded that we think we can even get close to the tarriers given the financial gulf and unless King comes good with his 30 mill they will stroll to ten in a row.

we didn't deserve to lose that game and if forrester wasn't a greedy bastard we would have won.

You make some valid points there but how did we not deserve to lose it? That's deluded .. ok you mention Forrester but I can mention another half a dozen for them 

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

And then there's Jo Garner :p 

It actually astonishes me that we paid £1.8m for him, i know transfermarkt.com talk pish about player values but they have him at £553k...

Cant help thinking its us thats fucking mental and they have it spot on.

7 minutes ago, AllyDawson72 said:

Where do you buy your drugs?

19 minutes ago, AllyDawson72 said:

I didn't say we would get close to them once.:headscratch:

Literally the top two sentences is what I said. Read my post back.

37 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Needs to do it a lot more for me to be convinced - he's not done much for us at the high level 

thought we were talking about players bought tho?

Do you not think the key to mckays last 2 performances are down to him picking the ball up in a much deeper position than playing in a front 3?

He gets the ball and is much more direct as he has more time picking it up deeper  in his own half.

Just now, hammer93 said:

Do you not think the key to mckays last 2 performances are down to him picking the ball up in a much deeper position than playing in a front 3?

He gets the ball and is much more direct as he has more time picking it up deeper  in his own half.

Don't know maybe or maybe he's just had a couple of good games? I try not to over analyse incase it clouds my judgement but we will see how he gets on mate - hopefully the consistency starts from now because for first half an hour taigs couldn't get near him 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Don't know maybe or maybe he's just had a couple of good games? I try not to over analyse incase it clouds my judgement but we will see how he gets on mate - hopefully the consistency starts from now because for first half an hour taigs couldn't get near him 

I just feel that he is more prepared to run at players from deep, he frustrated the life out me when further up the pitch he was looking devoid of ideas, if he plays for me it has to be in midfield.

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I think it's more to do with the fact that Wallace hasn't been there.

His first thought always seems to be to pass to him instead of taking the man on.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think it's more to do with the fact that Wallace hasn't been there.

His first thought always seems to be to pass to him instead of taking the man on.

Possibly that as well,  it was a joy to watch him going by players for a change. 

7 hours ago, Creampuff said:

What difference does it make what term he uses? People constantly posting "pitch geography" or "trains well" as if these are daft things for a manager to say are towards the top end of my - very long - list of things that piss me off about this site.

You should just block @BridgeIsBlue then. Forever.

57 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Point taken; I should have looked the earlier discussion.