Jon Toral Signs Until End of Season.

15 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He does look a class act but I have to wonder what the point is. A 6 'month loan deal with no realistic prospect of keeping him any longer. Hardly building a squad that we keep hearing about. 

It's another questionable decision within recruitment. I don't get it. 

Seems to me that if he signs its just about getting enough resources to secure European football for next season - no more than that.   It's the life the Club lives at present, only able to look at the most affordable option.   Looks like there was a whole lot less to King's statements of intent on providing sufficient funding to obtain the sort of players we will need for 55.    A key test for finding sufficient funds will be the summer transfer window and what the objective is to be for next season. 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

He does look a class act but I have to wonder what the point is. A 6 'month loan deal with no realistic prospect of keeping him any longer. Hardly building a squad that we keep hearing about. 

I'd hope there was mate, does the boy want to build a career away from Arsenal at clubs like Birmingham? I'd hope after a successful loan period after feeling the adulation of 50k Bears, with a chance to work with Warburton (clearly an attraction for him) and a nod towards being in the shop window AKA that mob across the cities ability to flog their players down south might be persuasive,

There was talk last summer about Arsenal selling him and inserting a buy back clause in the deal, made his loan deal to Grenada a little odd with him out of contract in 6 mths, combined with their obvious openness to doing business with Warburtion, you never know what could be worked out. remember the likely development fee that any English club would have to pay as well.

Obv wages would be an issue but these boys who are farmed out from club to club year after year esp at as young age could well be swung by the opportunity to put down roots at a club they're happy at,

20 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

There's nothing to suggest we won't try and keep him.

It's just the usual negativity on here.

Place cracks me up, majority moaning he's been at all these different clubs but yet we won't get him permanent.

We've fuck all money, if we do get this boy it's a good bit of business.

Arsenal have no intention of keeping him if he's going on loan for last 6 months of his deal. Obviously likes working under MW and will be a regular playing in front of 50,000 every other week.

2 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

Place cracks me up, majority moaning he's been at all these different clubs but yet we won't get him permanent.

We've fuck all money, if we do get this boy it's a good bit of business.

Arsenal have no intention of keeping him if he's going on loan for last 6 months of his deal. Obviously likes working under MW and will be a regular playing in front of 50,000 every other week.

Flip side of that is that they are undecided if they want to keep him and want to see him getting regular first team football before they make that decision. Although if he is as good as he looks and sounds and we get the option to go permanent then even better.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

To help the manager keep his job?

37 minutes ago, King Jela said:

?

Just the quote in general, sad state of affairs in that position 

DM absolute priority last year, we got 3 including Barton, all failed so we're left with Halliday

Same with CB albeit Hill has been the better of the 4 we have which says more about them than Hill

Ah fuck it, we'll get it right eventually

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

I don't mind doing that during the January window.  It's an arsehole of a transfer window. 

7 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

How on earth has Dodoo fucked up :lol: People on this site actual talk some amount of shite at times, I can understand if you don't like the guy (well actually I can't cause he is a good player and a nice guy) but some of you cunts actual TRY to make our team look bad.

Dodoo is not good enough. That's why he spends more time on the bench than a jury.  

One of those players that gets better the less he plays. And yes our squad is pretty rubbish hence the inconsistency 

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

It's all we can afford

34 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Just the quote in general, sad state of affairs in that position 

DM absolute priority last year, we got 3 including Barton, all failed so we're left with Halliday

Same with CB albeit Hill has been the better of the 4 we have which says more about them than Hill

Ah fuck it, we'll get it right eventually

Hope so mate

Do we think Toral is the guy warbs was talking about in early December that would turn heads and if it came down to money we wouldn't get him?

i assume not so hopefully there is a high Calibre signing to follow.

pleased with Toral as well for the record - he sounds as if he's rated quite highly.