Jon Toral Signs Until End of Season.

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Dodo has all the footballing grace of Ted Mcminn with the ball getting caught under his feet more often than not but he deserves a run of a few games. Somehow he controls the ball then mis-controls it but somehow gets it back again. Just needs to be a bit sharper. 

Davie Mitchell used to do that all the time.

Seems to be a longish process to complete in signing loan players.    Pages and pages of posts here and another set in BD where the optimism is there that he has signed, but the reality so far seems to be that talks are still going on.    I don't know if its 90+% certain that he will sign but clearly until the deal is done its not done.   If it doesn't happen yet another round of disappointment for the Support to endure.    But if it is done I really do hope he is the sort of player that does not arrive with an injury or not fit enough, can slot into the team immediately, and more than that - much more than that - make a distinct positive difference to the team by either getting goals or creating them.   

We need players that can score a lot more goals, and / or create a lot more goals for Miller, Waghorn, Dodoo etc.   First half of the season form of living on the edge of securing 3 points in games where we sometimes do and too often don't is not what we want in the 2nd half of the season.    If European football for next season is the objective then its goals we need, and players that can get them. 

Looking forward to seeing the official notification from Rangers that he has signed.  Until then it remains optimistic speculation.

14 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Guillem Balague just on SSN saying it'd be a good move for him to come to us and a chance to prove himself to Arsenal etc

Seen that as well, sounds like he's only coming to showcase his talent and hopefully secure a deal with the gooners. Hope I'm wrong

2 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

He's on 3 goals, in how many attempts at goal? 

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Exactly.. how many minutes as well? His finishes have been good.. 

His goal on his debut was a tap in. The two against Patrick were excellent finishes.

It's not enough to claim he's "the most natural finisher at the club". 

25 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

His goal on his debut was a tap in. The two against Patrick were excellent finishes.

It's not enough to claim he's "most natural finisher at the club". 

How many tap ins have been missed so far this season? Quite a few easy chances have been missed... last season as well. 

42 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

It's not enough to claim he's "most natural finisher at the club". 

Exactly, his positioning is top notch. Garner is always outside the box when the ball gets played in, not a naturals goalscorers Instinct. He's more a target man. Waghorn is too inconsistent and drifts wide too often.

33 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that everyone else's finishing at the club is shite! Dodoo is the best finisher by default!

In all honestly I've seen nothing from Dodoo that gets me excited other than one good strike v Partick. The second one came through about 4 bodies and on another day would have been blocked or had the keeper's sight not been blocked by the defenders I think he would have saved it. In my opinion, and I hope I am proved to be completely wrong, he looks like a big carthorse! I've never seen someone so young and fit run so slowly!

Leave Dodoo alone for fuck sake, the lad did very well, then was repaid for his efforts by sitting on the bench. In my eyes he looks to definitely have talent and is a good finisher, but if you're going to keep benching someone after impressing you're going to get inconsistency.

I've said plenty of times before, squad rotation only works when you have really good quality players - we don't - so we cannot expect all these players to hit the ground running after a time on the bench.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Leave Dodoo alone for fuck sake, the lad did very well, then was repaid for his efforts by sitting on the bench. In my eyes he looks to definitely have talent and is a good finisher, but if you're going to keep benching someone after impressing you're going to get inconsistency.

I've said plenty of times before, squad rotation only works when you have really good quality players - we don't - so we cannot expect all these players to hit the ground running after a time on the bench.

I'm sure you'll correct me if i'm wrong but i believe he started the next game.

Would like to see him given a chance too but that doesn't look likely in a 433, so if this 352ish formation works then maybe he'll come good.

Aye, he started the game against hearts where admittedly no-one played well.

Just now, AljayBoy said:

I'm sure you'll correct me if i'm wrong but i believe he started the next game.

Would like to see him given a chance too but that doesn't look likely in a 433, so if this 352ish formation works then maybe he'll come good.

I can't see us sticking with the 3-5-2, I think that was only for celtic. I'll not correct you because my memory is shit, but I'm sure there were a couple of times when we expected to see Dodoo after previous performances and instead he was dumped on the bench. 

33 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Exactly, his positioning is top notch. Garner is always outside the box when the ball gets played in, not a naturals goalscorers Instinct. He's more a target man. Waghorn is too inconsistent and drifts wide too often.

52 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

How many tap ins have been missed so far this season? Quite a few easy chances have been missed... last season as well. 

So because we've missed a load of tap in chances and he scored one, once, that means he's the best finisher at the club and has "top notch" positioning? Absolute rubbish. 

Like I'm not writing the boy off, but we haven't seen enough of him to claim he's brilliant or terrible. 

Just now, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

So because we've missed a load of tap in chances and he scored one, once, that means he's the best finisher at the club and has "top notch" positioning? Absolute rubbish. 

Like I'm not writing the boy off, but we haven't seen enough of him to claim he's brilliant or terrible. 

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king."

:belm:

We can dismiss players too quickly. I don't think we have seen  anywhere near enough of Dodoo to make a judgement. I think a player needs 15-20 games to be able to judge . I remember us signing Alec McDonald way back and it took him a good time to settle and find his best position and he is a real legend. We write players off way too early. 

11 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

We can dismiss players too quickly. I don't think we have seen  anywhere near enough of Dodoo to make a judgement. I think a player needs 15-20 games to be able to judge . I remember us signing Alec McDonald way back and it took him a good time to settle and find his best position and he is a real legend. We write players off way too early. 

The unfortunate thing at the moment is we don't have time to let players settle, we need people to perform yesterday!

16 minutes ago, Cobham said:

The unfortunate thing at the moment is we don't have time to let players settle, we need people to perform yesterday!

Totally agree. If Forrester had been less greedy Dodoo would have scored against them. And that would have made it four goals in four appearances for the lad, counting the one he'd had chalked off - we can't ask for more. For me -- unlike Garner -- Dodoo gets himself in the right place at the right time. Combine Garner's physicality with Dodoo's positional nous up front and we might have a winning combo. Wee Baz on the other side and this Spanish guy in CAM role behind them. Could be good...