• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Don't the premiership teams in England take away fans to games 

Limited to 3000 most weeks, where some Championship clubs can accommodate significantly more than Premier League clubs because they won't nearly sell out the home game.

I remember Coventry away a few years ago, we took just over 6000 there. The total attendance was something like 16,000, so there were nearly as many West Ham as Coventry fans.

The difference between Rangers and most English support is that the Gers are the biggest club and most supported club in Scotland. In fairness though, despite Liverpool and Man United being larger and better supported clubs otherwise, nobody is likely to take 100,000 away again. Very impressive.

15 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Not many clubs ,if any, would be taking 5000 fans to a meaningless friendly 1200 miles away three weeks after Christmas especially given that it will be Fukin baltic...

Not many? Try none. Not unless it was a glamour friendly at Madrid or Barcelona.

1 hour ago, East London Loyal said:

Limited to 3000 most weeks, where some Championship clubs can accommodate significantly more than Premier League clubs because they won't nearly sell out the home game.

I remember Coventry away a few years ago, we took just over 6000 there. The total attendance was something like 16,000, so there were nearly as many West Ham as Coventry fans.

The difference between Rangers and most English support is that the Gers are the biggest club and most supported club in Scotland. In fairness though, despite Liverpool and Man United being larger and better supported clubs otherwise, nobody is likely to take 100,000 away again. Very impressive.

50,000 at Ibrox for veterans v Milan.

Sold every away ticket in lower leagues. 

42,000 season tickets.

Numerous sell outs at Ibrox v wee clubs

MANCHESTER, amazing .

St Johnstones biggest home crowd in years in lead up to Xmas. 

I'll forgive any subway loyal member, even if I don't agree with it, they pay the bills.

We are the people,no doubt.

We're not so very many but we're loyal and we're true
and when we meet the fenians we are ready for a do
That happened in the early 80's and only a couple of times.
We are the best in the land at setting attendance records.
Almost positive the St J game had the biggest attendance since 2001 on a cold rotten winter night.
We are certainly The People :UK:  

Our away support is amongst the most loyal in the UK, no question. But our home support leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately. The mass exodus that starts on 70 minutes is embarrassing, and the amount of abuse hurled at our players from fans around my seat in the CD is shameful. There's 3 guys in particular behind me that I think are actually happy when we play badly or lose because it means they can moan. 

5 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

Seen Leeds take 8k to MK Dons before.

Of course we are the best fans in the UK! The traveling support for a friendly in January is amazi g.

The article is a bit misleading though as English clubs only have a set allocation for away fans, and as the tv money is so good down there, ticket sales are miniscule in terms if their revenue. So only a set number of fans can get a seat at away games

7 hours ago, Creampuff said:

We certainly turn up in numbers and make our voices heard. Reckon we're also up there with the most fickle at times though. 

A big support means many opinions, I suppose  it is what comes of being a big club.

9 hours ago, PRW. said:

Aye best at emptying the stadium with 15 minutes to go

I'm not commenting on the rights or wrongs of it (I cba with that argument) but is it just me or does anyone else think this has gotten worse recently

ibrox in the 90th minute these days is half empty and I don't think that's an exaggeration