Rangers sign emerson hyndman on loan until end Of the season

RFC55

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

I would like players who are the building blocks of our future, getting players in for 4/5 months is imo pointless, going round in circles with no continuity, back to square 1 come August.

Yep so would I & I thought Rossiter fitted that criteria but ....

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Using the loan market can be a good thing but only if it's with a view to a permanent signing or you have them for at least a full season. I just don't see how these signings are going to benefit us. I think we have enough in our squad to finish second and should be looking to build for a title challenge next season. We should be using all the cash we are spending on loan signings to try and tie the young guy from Villa up or better still get him in now.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Not gna lie I thought this was a joke thread with a made up name and was trying hard to think of what the joke was :belm:

Would this be a loan or permanent deal?

So did i in all honestly ?

11 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Correct it isn't true but the real stats make for grim reading. He has scored one goal which was against Queen Of the South in the League Cup and he has just one assist which was for Waghorn's header against Hamilton. Transfermarkt have him down for two assists as they include winning a penalty against Kilmarnock in the 3-0 game. I wouldn't count that as an assist.

Assist stats are one of the worst things about modern football. Totally irrelevant and everyone seems obsessed with them these days. You can influence games without having an 'official ' assist stat.

If a player runs from his own box beats 9 players and passes it in the 6 yard box then the player that he has passed it to passes it again to the striker to score then the player that plays the last pass gets the official assist. But who actually created the goal? Yeah the one that doesn't get the credit in the stats that people refer to on social media.

If you score a goal from 40 yards the player that passes the ball to you gets an assist. Irrelevant. When Charlie Adam scored that goal against Chelsea from his own half the player that passed it to him got an assist! 

I prefer to see a player influence a game not something on sky sports news or some geek on twitter obsessing over assist stats

Guest Lloyd72
16 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Correct it isn't true but the real stats make for grim reading. He has scored one goal which was against Queen Of the South in the League Cup and he has just one assist which was for Waghorn's header against Hamilton. Transfermarkt have him down for two assists as they include winning a penalty against Kilmarnock in the 3-0 game. I wouldn't count that as an assist.

I think counting Winning a penalty is fair. I do think it's poor but holt has improved recently and been decent just needs to find that killer ball but he gets into good positions and has been unlucky not to score a few times. Would maybe be better if he wasn't the only midfielder in our team trying to get involved

5 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Assist stats are one of the worst things about modern football. Totally irrelevant and everyone seems obsessed with them these days. You can influence games without having an 'official ' assist stat.

If a player runs from his own box beats 9 players and passes it in the 6 yard box then the player that he has passed it to passes it again to the striker to score then the player that plays the last pass gets the official assist. But who actually created the goal? Yeah the one that doesn't get the credit in the stats that people refer to on social media.

If you score a goal from 40 yards the player that passes the ball to you gets an assist. Irrelevant. When Charlie Adam scored that goal against Chelsea from his own half the player that passed it to him got an assist! 

I prefer to see a player influence a game not something on sky sports news or some geek on twitter obsessing over assist stats

Barry Ferguson was frequently the man who passed it to the guy who was credited with the assist.

Stats are helpful, but don't always tell you everything about someone's contribution.

11 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think counting Winning a penalty is fair. I do think it's poor but holt has improved recently and been decent just needs to find that killer ball but he gets into good positions and has been unlucky not to score a few times. Would maybe be better if he wasn't the only midfielder in our team trying to get involved

Was the most stupid penalty concession I have ever seen.

At what point do you decide 'unlucky not to score' turns into 'not up to it'?

I think half a season, personally.

11 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Is the boss intending to score goals this season ?

12 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Is the boss intending to score goals this season ?

steady on with your radical talk...............

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Was the most stupid penalty concession I have ever seen.

At what point do you decide 'unlucky not to score' turns into 'not up to it'?

I think half a season, personally.

I can't remember the penalty tbh

recently he has been unlucky he's been in good positions and he has been decent. I agree before December he was shite and I was calling for him to be dropped.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I can't remember the penalty tbh

recently he has been unlucky he's been in good positions and he has been decent. I agree before December he was shite and I was calling for him to be dropped.

Ball was miles away, was a really silly foul, mate.

For me, the lad has the best football brain in our regular eleven.

That said, he's spent too much time on the fringes of the action & the lack of goals / assists is beginning to scream out a bit.

Even his last assist was a bit unusual (read 'freak'!).

While it was a decent cutback, when did you last see someone head in from the 18 yard line?

Not something you're going to try & repeat every game!

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Ball was miles away, was a really silly foul, mate.

For me, the lad has the best football brain in our regular eleven.

That said, he's spent too much time on the fringes of the action & the lack of goals / assists is beginning to scream out a bit.

Even his last assist was a bit unusual (read 'freak'!).

While it was a decent cutback, when did you last see someone head in from the 18 yard line?

Not something you're going to try & repeat every game!

I like holt tbh he was someone I wasn't worried about making the step up this season. I don't think he's a creative type player who will get you lots of assists but I think he could be a player who gets goals he's always in or around the box when on the ball and if he gets one I think that could set him off for a few more after that like it did last season.

44 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Can also have a massive influence if you're the type of player that can make runs and drag defenders with you off the ball, making space for others to run into and pretty much contributing as much as whoever makes the final pass but this is also something which won't show up on stats, so definitely agree about the relevance of these stats

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

He's a 20 year old who's played half the games over 2 and a half years that you would expect a professional footballer to play in 1. He was at Fulham and wasn't a first pick. 

Wait...he played today and got subbed after 56 minutes in a pumping off a Millwall team containing Shane fucking Ferguson. 

He won't be free either. I'd rather spend the money on Crawford, someone we know can come in and hit the ground running and might actually play a part in a title winning team next season (as a useful bit-part squad player). If Rossiter gets himself fully fit this guy wont even play.

I'm with you on Crawford ? Someone who at least knows the type of game we play up here . 

We need 2 centre mid who can put in a fucking challenge and take a yellow now and again

Halliday rolls about the ground after losing the ball, it's only after my Halliday meltdown that I've started to realise this and Holt just bounces off players. We need steel in the middle of the park who makes other midfielders pass it too quickly when they shite it

Is he the type to do this?

Underwhelmed with a 6 month loan signing of a 20 year with little experience who will probably take quite a good few games to get match fit plus be able to read the game up here.

He has had 1 game for the USA so would hardly call him an internationalist.

1 hour ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I think it depends on the position. An attacking midfielder should get a fair share of goals and assists in my book. If they don't have decent stats then you should begin to worry.  A more defensive player should not be judged negatively if they don't shave a lot of assists though and I think, to be fair, football fans these days recognise players who would historically have been the unsung heroes.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Barry Ferguson was frequently the man who passed it to the guy who was credited with the assist.

Stats are helpful, but don't always tell you everything about someone's contribution.

Exactly, a player could set up a chance, but if the striker doesn't score, or the keeper makes a good save, then that stat is basically ignored.

I've never heard of the lad. That's not unusual for us these days, we sign an awful lot of players that I've never heard of now. I wonder how much, the taigs, and others, were really interested in him? If they're raging, that we've got him, then it's a really good signing. If they're not too bothered, about him, then he better improve our team, by playing every game like his life depended on it.