Rangers sign emerson hyndman on loan until end Of the season

RFC55

He isn't a defensive midfielder who will run about making tackles. 

Boy is 5"9. He sounds Zelalem like in terms of his ability and main skills. Looks a lot more positive and forward thinking in the videos though.

Some really good words from Fulhams head of recruitment (ex Liverpool and Southampton) 

NEW Cherries recruit Emerson Hyndman has been giving a glowing reference from the man who developed Gareth Bale, Adam Lallana and Theo Walcott.

Fulham’s head of recruitment Malcolm Elias, who formerly held similar roles at Southampton and Liverpool, revealed he had been set to take Hyndman to Anfield during his formative years.

Elias said the USA international’s switch to Dorset, which will be completed when his Fulham contract expires at the end of this month, had been “bitterly disappointing” but acknowledged the 20-year-old had been “destined for the Premier League”.

He predicted Hyndman would “thrive” thanks to Cherries boss Eddie Howe’s knack for developing talent and would relish playing with last season’s unsung hero Andrew Surman.

Elias told the Daily Echo: “Emerson is very gifted technically and will enjoy playing alongside Andrew Surman, one of the boys I helped to bring through at Southampton.

“I would say they are similar. They are both clever, good on the ball with good awareness and creativity. They will be on the same wavelength.

“Despite being young, Emerson has the knack of being able to control the tempo of a game and I have not known many players have that capability so early in their careers.

“He is very confident on the pitch and without question, is one of the most diligent players I have ever been involved with.

“He desperately wants to be the best player he can be and I know the guys at Bournemouth, Simon Weatherstone (first-team coach) especially, know what a quality player they are getting. He is a terrific talent.

“Emerson is lucky to be working with Eddie Howe and I think that was a big selling point.

“He is definitely Eddie’s type of player. Personally, I think he will be a great loss to Fulham and a fantastic signing because he is the type of intelligent, technical player that will thrive in Bournemouth’s environment.

“He was always destined for the Premier League, it was just a matter of when and with who.

“I am bitterly disappointed to lose him, as a player and as a person, but at the same time I am delighted he is going to a Premier League club.”

And Elias reckons Cherries will reap the rewards of a player who set the trend for future years at Craven Cottage.

“I saw him develop from a small boy into someone who changed the culture at Fulham,” he added.

“Before he came, we were renowned for having athletic players but very few with technical ability. Emerson helped me to change the type of player we recruited, to sign more technical, talented players than we had ever attracted before.

“He was the shining light and got the boys playing, he dictated games with intelligence and technique.

“When he first arrived, he was up against it physically but he learned how to cope with that. That’s another reason I’m delighted he has stayed in this country because he has done the hard work on that side.

“His family are really good people as well. Bournemouth are getting a damn good player and a damn good person.”

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, loyal said:

Warburton's  signed about 14 players in the last two windows by the law of averages he might actually get one That improves the team rather than add numbers.

Has he not improved the squad he inherited then?

Facebook is wild. 

Rangers On Tour page was just on my feed cos someone liked the post about Hyndman. All the comments I seen were going mental because he is a midfielder (which supposedly we don't need) and plays for Bournemouth. :lol:

nutters man

8 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

Far from it. He is the type of quality we need and we can't afford players like him in January especially as he will be £3/4m. He is an US internationalist at the age of 20 fs

We cant afford to lose half our team back to their parent clubs in July either 

1 hour ago, loyal said:

Warburton's  signed about 14 players in the last two windows by the law of averages he might actually get one That improves the team rather than add numbers.

He built a team that pissed the championship where the wage thief failed , you no think that's an improvement? 

9 hours ago, HG5 said:

Hooked as Bournemouth got humped by Meeewaaaaaw.

It's a no from me.

We need  John Brown and  Terry Hurlock types on permanent deals, how can you build for the future in 5 month loans?

Young fringe players imo are defo not the answer, tried and tested runners and riders reqd,

Typical signing that I expected, young guy with virtually no first team experience coming to play at a massive club.................not happy at all, he should not be allowed to waste anymore money on this kind of shite.

Not against loan deals even for unproven youngsters, but we should be looking at 12 or 18 month loans.

What good is it if players come in and become first team regulars and aren't here for the Europa games.

I'd rather finish a close 2nd or even 3rd with what we've got, than finish a comfortable 2nd and then have a couple of weeks to mould a team for the Euro qualifiers.

No point bringing anyone until end of season.

5 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

Not against loan deals even for unproven youngsters, but we should be looking at 12 or 18 month loans.

What good is it if players come in and become first team regulars and aren't here for the Europa games.

I'd rather finish a close 2nd or even 3rd with what we've got, than finish a comfortable 2nd and then have a couple of weeks to mould a team for the Euro qualifiers.

MW will probably leave Rangers in the summer I suspect that's the reason we are looking at short term loan deals.

8 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I like holt tbh he was someone I wasn't worried about making the step up this season. I don't think he's a creative type player who will get you lots of assists but I think he could be a player who gets goals he's always in or around the box when on the ball and if he gets one I think that could set him off for a few more after that like it did last season.

Be good if it did?

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

We need  John Brown and  Terry Hurlock types on permanent deals, how can you build for the future in 5 month loans?

Young fringe players imo are defo not the answer, tried and tested runners and riders reqd,

That works for me, too.

23 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Watched him play yesterday against millwall on one of they dodgy streams, he was subbed in the second half

absolutely anonymous, no better than what we've got

Bournemouth made 11 changes for that game, hardly a surprise that a) they lost and b) nobody looked good. You have made a judgement on part of a game in completely unique circumstances and ignored everything else? Thats really well considered. 

A US international signed for a Premier League club yet you can judge on a few minutes? Have you offered your services in place of the coaching staff at Fulham, Bournemouth or Rangers?

9 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Assist stats are one of the worst things about modern football. Totally irrelevant and everyone seems obsessed with them these days. You can influence games without having an 'official ' assist stat.

If a player runs from his own box beats 9 players and passes it in the 6 yard box then the player that he has passed it to passes it again to the striker to score then the player that plays the last pass gets the official assist. But who actually created the goal? Yeah the one that doesn't get the credit in the stats that people refer to on social media.

If you score a goal from 40 yards the player that passes the ball to you gets an assist. Irrelevant. When Charlie Adam scored that goal against Chelsea from his own half the player that passed it to him got an assist! 

I prefer to see a player influence a game not something on sky sports news or some geek on twitter obsessing over assist stats

Right ok fair enough. 

Tell me a game then where Jason Holt has influenced the game in our favour? 

Aye he gives it his all and runs around but he doesn't control or influence games at all.

31 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

MW will probably leave Rangers in the summer I suspect that's the reason we are looking at short term loan deals.

Does that make things better or worse ?

I might get slsughtered for saying this, but Brendan Rodgers is a decent manager and he nearly slipped up against a pub team and then an Isreali mob nobody had ever heard of.

If we've got to bed in a new manager AND new players in the summer I can't see us getting much Euro football.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Right ok fair enough. 

Tell me a game then where Jason Holt has influenced the game in our favour? 

Aye he gives it his all and runs around but he doesn't control or influence games at all.

The 4-2 game last season against the spoon burners he was immense 

Just now, Billythebear77 said:

The 4-2 game last season against the spoon burners he was immense 

That's irrelevant. That was 13 months ago now. I'm talking since the start of this season. I've yet to walk out of any stadium this season thinking Jason Holt had a really good game, won us the points, or played that well he influenced the game when others were lacking. The reality, IMO, is that Jason Holt is one of the players in the team who is really lacking and hasn't improved since we came up

48 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

I get what you're saying and why but some of its impractical.

18 month deals are extremely rare. They do make some sense but just don't really happen all that often (largely due to it being too big a chunk of the players contract given up by the owner club). And 12 month contracts only really kick in during summer months on the whole.

MW has to look at the here and now along with next term. He has to do what he thinks is right to strengthen now (leaving aside whether he's been financially backed or whether these players would be good enough). He has to bring in midfield options as this is arguably our weakest area. Though I'm not disagreeing with anyone saying up front or defence needs sorted too.

Look at it from another angle. Say he didn't strengthen and even our midfield strugglers of Halliday and Holt got injured. We'd have literally no midfield and who would get the blame - MW for not strengthening the squad.

I've resigned to the fact that there's no money for transfers now, I think a bit will be spent in the summer to stimulate ST sales.

Given that, and the points above, I reckon 3 or 4 short term loan signings now and maybe activity in the pre contract business for them starting in pre season is the best we can hope for in this window.

Sad but realistic.

10 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Bournemouth made 11 changes for that game, hardly a surprise that a) they lost and b) nobody looked good. You have made a judgement on part of a game in completely unique circumstances and ignored everything else? Thats really well considered. 

A US international signed for a Premier League club yet you can judge on a few minutes? Have you offered your services in place of the coaching staff at Fulham, Bournemouth or Rangers?

1. International? He's got one cap

2. Have you seen him play?

3.unique circumstances? He's playing a game of football ffs

4.nobody looked good? A couple of Bournemouth players actually looked decent

the last thing we need is another young player,with limited experience,he's hardly going to come in and dominate 

the midfield against the tims is he?