SPFL issue new guidelines on dealing with supporter misconduct

Bears r us

Will this apply to just Rangers supporters ? my guess is probably. :pipe:

The Scottish Professional Football League has issued new regulations aimed at tackling supporter misconduct.

All 42 of its member clubs are expected to take strict disciplinary measures against fans who indulge in anti-social behaviour during matches.

The updated guidance, which comes into force immediately, states that home clubs are responsible for "good order and security".

Clubs are also urged to step up efforts to identify culprits.

Under the previous rules, clubs could argue that they had taken all practical steps to deter misbehaviour inside their stadiums.

Now they must been seen to actively pursue cases and take "appropriate" action against the perpetrators.

In June, following disorder at the Scottish Cup final, Justice Secretary Michael Matheson called for "a transparent and robust scheme" to prevent and deal with unacceptable conduct.

He went on to warn: "The Scottish government is prepared to act if Scottish football isn't."

On the rule changes, SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "The SPFL and its member clubs are committed to preventing and to addressing unacceptable conduct where it arises, to ensure our stadiums are friendly, welcoming and safe environments where all supporters can enjoy Scottish football.

"This ongoing work includes this updated guidance for clubs which sets out the reasonably practicable measures that member clubs can take to address this issue and to identify and sanction those who engage in unacceptable conduct.

"It has been fully consulted on with all 42 clubs, the Scottish FA and the Scottish Government and, indeed, dialogue continues with the Government on a number of further measures which will be discussed early this year."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Will this apply to just Rangers supporters ? my guess is probably. :pipe:

The Scottish Professional Football League has issued new regulations aimed at tackling supporter misconduct.

Buried in the regulations, from page six, paragraph nine, sub-section J:

These guidelines will not apply to Bheast FC who shall be allowed to continue their sickening behaviour with impunity and backing of the club.

:sarcasm:

Consider some of the larger issues of offensive supporter behaviour:

1. Thousands of Motherwell fans invade pitch and taunt/provoke opposition

2. Thousands of Hivs supporters invade pitch and taunt/provoke opposition. Also damage and vandalise pitch hordings, goal posts and the pitch to a value over 0.5 million pounds.

3. Hanging effigies mimicking hanging Rangers supporters displayed for the world to see by bheasts.

On each occasion Rangers and our supporters have been the target.

Do you feel we have been supported by the authorities? I sure as hell don't.

This will go the same way as the recent football behaviour act and (as has been established with it) targetted at our singing, our conduct, and the rhebels being victims.

They'll likely just have  another unpunished pyro party to celebrate whilst dancing around banners displaying names of terrorists and outlawed terror organisations and singing terror oops folklore songs.

But that's alright.

Honestly, politicians who try and hold football clubs accountable for the behaviour of their country's citizens are fucking wallopers. It's THEIR social problems that filter through to football and every other fucking area of society. 

Improve on education, health and drug abuses and you won't have these arseholes walking our streets anymore never mind attending a football match at the weekend instead of this pish rhetoric which penalises clubs for something they cannot control. 

Rangers can't do a single thing if suddenly a fan one day decides to sneak a bottle in and launch it at a player. We have a substantial amount of security already at our grounds, will the Scottish Government be paying for the additional measures? Nah, didn't think so.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

2. Thousands of Hivs supporters invade pitch and taunt/provoke opposition. Also damage and vandalise pitch hordings, goal posts and the pitch to a value over 0.5 million pounds.

3. Hanging effigies mimicking hanging Rangers supporters displayed for the world to see by bheasts.

This will go the same way as the recent football behaviour act and (as has been established with it) targetted at our singing, our conduct, and the rhebels being victims.

They'll likely just have  another unpunished pyro party to celebrate whilst dancing around banners displaying names of terrorists and outlawed terror organisations and singing terror oops folklore songs.

But that's alright.

You can have banners saying "Kill All H***" and "Know your place H** scum" but you can't sing about being up to your knees in terrorist blood. Absolutely not. Get with the program.

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

But that's alright.

Good points mate and I have no faith in these rules being applied fairly for everyone, they will be used for our fans if we step out of line, but I do not expect the same to happen with any of the rest. 

I may be paranoid but that is how I see it.  

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Probably comes as pressure mounts for clubs to adopt strict liability. As clubs wont vote for that, this is a half way house

I think you are right there Cushy, but with all these football fan rules it is the implementation of them that is never done in an even handed way IMO.  

We are already miles ahead of any club on this. We ban fans from the ground all the time. We even had confidential telephone lines to shop fellow fans. Supporters reps wanting fans named and shamed for internet  posts.SPFL should be using us a role model.

16 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Honestly, politicians who try and hold football clubs accountable for the behaviour of their country's citizens are fucking wallopers. It's THEIR social problems that filter through to football and every other fucking area of society. 

Improve on education, health and drug abuses and you won't have these arseholes walking our streets anymore never mind attending a football match at the weekend instead of this pish rhetoric which penalises clubs for something they cannot control. 

Rangers can't do a single thing if suddenly a fan one day decides to sneak a bottle in and launch it at a player. We have a substantial amount of security already at our grounds, will the Scottish Government be paying for the additional measures? Nah, didn't think so.

Spot on. Nothing more than passing the buck and washing their hands of an issue that pervades all facets of Scottish society. 

35 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yay.

Fill our jails up some more with football supporters and let rapists and murderers run tonto on our streets.

I'm pretty sure rapists and murders don't run "tonto" on the streets of Scotland.  If you suspect someone of rape or murder call the Police and I can assure you it'll get dealt with.

10 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

The board should consult with supporters to see how we feel about this before agreeing to anything. This will be aimed purely at the Rangers support home and away. Nothing surer 

After the way the club shamefully banned supporters and took their season tickets/money off them after the cup final debacle, i have no faith in the powers that be at our club doing anything to help our support.

Bridges to be built etc.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm pretty sure rapists and murders don't run "tonto" on the streets of Scotland.  If you suspect someone of rape or murder call the Police and I can assure you it'll get dealt with.

:lol: 

You are one torn faced cunt btw

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

After the way the club shamefully banned supporters and took their season tickets/money off them after the cup final debacle, i have no faith in the powers that be at our club doing anything to help our support.

Bridges to be built etc.

Absolutely no doubt about it. I hate them on our board mate 

34 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

But that's alright.

Absolutely fuckin spot on mate.                On those 3 occasions they have done fuck all .Just wished tae fuck our board of directors had the balls  to speak up and follow through the courts or something of that ilk.

29 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

The board should consult with supporters to see how we feel about this before agreeing to anything. This will be aimed purely at the Rangers support home and away. Nothing surer 

I am sure they will have dialogue with C1872 who will be in full agreement with the Clubs view beforehand.