Jump to content

Greenock Union Jack RSC


bouncy
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Has it not got the biggest tarrier supporters club there?

90% of poeple I've met from there are taigs.

It has aye, well not sure if it's still the biggest in memberships etc.

It's a common misconception that it's full of taigs.

I'd say it's 50/50 mate, problem here like everywhere else is that they boggin bastards like to wear the green and grey everyday like a badge of honour.

Good luck with the bus @bouncy where yous leaving from?

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Fuck, what a guy. Need one like him on our board asap.

We need one of them in every Village and every town mate.

Don't think he would be welcome on our board, bridges and that to be built.

Can't see a modern day version of him going on a jolly with his fenian mates to Barcelona.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bouncy said:

New Supporters Club started in Greenock

 

fancy a good laugh and crack and usual match day madness

 

give us a pm ;)

 

bus picks up for all home games

Good luck to your club 

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It has aye, well not sure if it's still the biggest in memberships etc.

It's a common misconception that it's full of taigs.

I'd say it's 50/50 mate, problem here like everywhere else is that they boggin bastards like to wear the green and grey everyday like a badge of honour.

Good luck with the bus @bouncy where yous leaving from?

Hope that is the case, every Tim I've met from there has been a right bitter cunt. Maybe that's clouding my judgement :lol:

A load of boys from Port Glasgow sit next to me in ibrox and have been there for 20 odd years, yet everything thinks Port Glasgow is a tarrier shithole aswell.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

Hope that is the case, every Tim I've met from there has been a right bitter cunt. Maybe that's clouding my judgement :lol:

A load of boys from Port Glasgow sit next to me in ibrox and have been there for 20 odd years, yet everything thinks Port Glasgow is a tarrier shithole aswell.

Most of them are to be fair.

There's a shit load of plastic paddies in the town because there great great granny came from oirland.

If i'm honest, when i was growing up i thought the Port was full of bheggars, not until i started doing a lot of work up there i realised it's not as bad and probably 50/50.

I went up to the old firm game with a Port bus, great bunch of lads and some banter, ended up wrecked in their wee club after it having a sing song.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greenock is like everywhere else in Scotland i guess where our culture and heritage is being eradicated.

The PUL community is being marginalised and demonised to the point of even saying you have loyalist/unionist tendencies sees you labelled as a bigot.

My boy is in P7 in a non-demoniation school and his topic was world war 2, they had a local historian in at the school and he was describing old Greenock and where he came from up the 'heed O the hill (Broomhill) was a Protestant stonghold, (after admitting he shouldn't be asking) he asked the class who knew the sash, only my boy and 1 other put their hands up.

I continually tell my boy that there is nothing to be ashamed of by our culture and heritage and don't let anybody tell you any different.

Unfortunately other parents through the years have had no courage to stand up for what they believe in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Good luck, Greenock is fulla tarriers.

Tarriers are more vocal....

There certainly are a lot more than there used to be but it's not really the full story maybe from the outside it looks that way but there's still a Rangers club operating 2/3 buses (used to be as many as 7) as well as an Orange lodge ,independent orange lodge  and an Apprentice boys locally as well as other loyalist /unionist representation. Although it is certainly in the downward spiral tbh. Politically the inverclyde area voted NO in the referendum (just..... by about 70votes) which surprised a few but was a wee indication that unionism and loyalism is still represented in the area albeit quietly....????

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Greenock is like everywhere else in Scotland i guess where our culture and heritage is being eradicated.

The PUL is being marginalised and demonised to the point of even saying you have loyalist/unionist tendencies sees you labelled as a bigot.

My boy is in P7 in a non-demoniation school and his topic was world war 2, they had a local historian in at the school and he was describing old Greenock and where he came from up the 'heed O the hill (Broomhill) was a Protestant stonghold, (after admitting he shouldn't be asking) he asked the class who knew the sash, only my boy and 1 other put their hands up.

I continually tell my boy that there is nothing to be ashamed of by our culture and heritage and don't let anybody tell you any different.

Unfortunately other parents through the years have had no courage to stand up for what they believe in.

This 100%..... although my oldest when at nursery was asked by teacher pointing at picture "who's on the wall" to which my daughter replied "King Billy" she was about 2/3years old at the time .......

proud as punch lol ......

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

This 100%..... although my oldest when at nursery was asked by teacher pointing at picture "who's on the wall" to which my daughter replied "King Billy" she was about 2/3years old at the time .......

proud as punch lol ......

:lol:

Brilliant!

Mate i work in the social housing sector and it would surprise you some of the houses you go into that still have stuff like this, i'm saying that like i don't have my own photo of king Billy in my house:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bouncy said:

New Supporters Club started in Greenock

 

fancy a good laugh and crack and usual match day madness

 

give us a pm ;)

 

bus picks up for all home games

Where are you leaving from mate and are you picking up en route? Good luck with the club, the more the merrier. Used to enjoy a wee night in the Bouverie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Where are you leaving from mate and are you picking up en route? Good luck with the club, the more the merrier. Used to enjoy a wee night in the Bouverie.

we leave from the bus stop at greenock fire station

 

the bouvrie bus picks us up :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Good luck, Greenock is fulla tarriers.

sadly it does have a very large percent of irish .... plastic even

we leave from greenock fire station bus stop for all home games and pick up on route to port glasgow then onto ibrox

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Smile said:

The Weird thing is Around Ibrox Govan has loads of scum supporters and has done for a while now. You are staying in the Home of the most successful Club in the world and you support the filth it's a weird world.

Govan has always had a fair few tarriers. Went to copland rd primary many years ago and had to pass 2 tarrier schools. Always loved a good rumble with them on way home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ricksen92 said:

Govan has always had a fair few tarriers. Went to copland rd primary many years ago and had to pass 2 tarrier schools. Always loved a good rumble with them on way home.

I was born and bred in Govan, and even going back 50-60 years there was always a high proportion of tarriers despite the world's greatest football club being on the doorstep. In fact tarriers I know from Govan and Ibrox are among the most bitter I have met, (outside of Coatbridge which is on another level.)

Apparently apart from the potato famine Irish brigade there was also a large number who settled in Govan from the unreformed Western Isles, like Barra and South Uist. Whereas the Presbyterian folk from the islands like Harris, Lewis and North Uist tended to settle across the Clyde in Partick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 21 January 2022 19:45 Until 21:45
      0  
      Rangers v Stirling Albion
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Cup
×
×
  • Create New...