Andy Woodward on STV

The guy that started the ball rolling again with sexual abuse in football has just handed the kiddyfiddlers their dinner on Scotland Today.

Interviewed by Grant Russell he stated that as young boys they were invited to play in tournaments all over UK and one that they were invited to was the ce*t*c cup.

He said he wondered why they were coming up here and now looking back on it he does believe that there was an issue up here in Scotland and coaches were taking advantage of boys...

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK there time may just be running out and they won't be able to cover up this attrocity any more.

And for any lurkers or handwringers this ain't about cheap point scoring but holding those accountable who knew and said or did nothing.

Just noticed this on the BBC site a couple of minutes ago:

Scottish FA's child sex abuse review to start in February

3 hours ago

From the sectionScotland

Image copyrightTHINKSTOCK

An independent review into child sex abuse in Scottish football is likely to begin next month, according to the Scottish Football Association.

The Scottish FA said it expected a chairperson to be appointed in February and work would being "immediately".

It added that it had already held meetings with survivors to "shape and influence" the terms of reference.

The review was set up after several former players revealed they were abused by people in authority.

Police Scotland revealed last month that it was investigating more than 100 reports of child sex abuse in football.

Football sex abuse claims: What has happened so far?

In a statement, the SFA said its discussions with abuse survivors were an "open forum to hear their perspectives, provide support and to help shape and influence an appropriate terms of reference for the association's independent review."

Child wellbeing and protection manager, Donna Martin, who convened the meetings, said survivors wanted the review to examine all football in Scotland, without limit of time.

'All football in Scotland'

She said: "The ongoing dialogue we have had with survivors has contributed significantly to defining the terms of reference for the independent review.

"We received a wide range of feedback from the survivors, including the timeframe for completion of the review, that there should be no limit to the period of time the review examines, and that it should encompass all football in Scotland.

"It is vitally important to the Scottish FA that all parties are satisfied with the content before the review proceeds."

A first draft of the terms of reference will be presented to survivors at their next meeting later this month, before they are presented to the SFA board in February.

A delegation from the SFA has met regularly with Police Scotland and third-sector organisations with expertise in supporting survivors of abuse.

It said any survivors coming forward would receive a professional-needs assessment from a clinical psychologist, who would then refer the victim to the appropriate level of support.

During December, allegations were made against coaches who were formerly involved with clubs including Motherwell, Partick Thistle and Rangers, involving incidents which happened between the 1970s and the early 1990s.

A BBC Scotland investigation revealed that former youth coach and referee Hugh Stevenson was allowed to carry on working in football for several years after being reported to police and the SFA over child sex offences.

And Jim McCafferty, a former youth coach who was the kit man for Celtic, Hibernian and Falkirk was arrested in Belfast after allegations were made against him.

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Junior Soprano said:

Heard him. That prick Grants face was a picture.

Looked like an oh oh im in trouble look and furrher convinces me Celtic or someone high up) have the ear of the Scottish press and kèeping their name well away from this.

For how long can the elephant in the room be ignored?

Screenshot_2017-01-14-15-04-22.png

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

guys been dropping hints all the way through this whole thing almost as if he's taking great fun in these revelations

Trust me mate it has. Nothing. To do with taking. Amy form of.pleasure.i think that is possibly the wrong terms but.no . I am. Only. Trying to inform and advise. All shall become clear 

2 hours ago, deco19761 said:

Trust me mate it has. Nothing. To do with taking. Amy form of.pleasure.i think that is possibly the wrong terms but.no . I am. Only. Trying to inform and advise. All shall become clear 

why can't you say if you know something spit it out cryptic clues mean nothing

37 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

why can't you say if you know something spit it out cryptic clues mean nothing

One cannot divulge sensitive information into a public forum. Let's. Just say.... police Scotland have now set up an incident room in Bathgate to look at ALL SEXUAL ABUSE.IN ALL SCOTTISH CLUBS.

Why say anything at all if all you are going to do is drop hints and insinuations. By the way you are making these insinuations it comes across as if it is our club you are talking about which immediately starts folk worrying.

Either tell all or stop winding folk up with it. You are not doing yourself any favours here.

6 hours ago, deco19761 said:

One cannot divulge sensitive information into a public forum. Let's. Just say.... police Scotland have now set up an incident room in Bathgate to look at ALL SEXUAL ABUSE.IN ALL SCOTTISH CLUBS.

deco19761

Key Player

First Team

1,152 posts

Posted December 4, 2016 · Report post

I was training with rangers during his tenure and I believe there was something slightly inappropriate with him. But good on rangers for doing the APPROPRIATE thing and dealing with him in the manner in which they did. 

Courtyard Bear and Blumhoilann like this  Like this

As you've already quoted, Rangers did the appropriate thing and he was then stopped from ever entering another football club and abusing children. The football clubs that allowed the paedos to leave inappropriately are the clubs that should be sanctioned. If they have the amount of paedos attached to them as scum fc has then they should be disbanded, it's disgusting they are still being allowed to participate in our game.

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

deco19761

Key Player

First Team

1,152 posts

Posted December 4, 2016 · Report post

I was training with rangers during his tenure and I believe there was something slightly inappropriate with him. But good on rangers for doing the APPROPRIATE thing and dealing with him in the manner in which they did. 

Courtyard Bear and Blumhoilann like this  Like this

As you've already quoted, Rangers did the appropriate thing and he was then stopped from ever entering another football club and abusing children. The football clubs that allowed the paedos to leave inappropriately are the clubs that should be sanctioned. If they have the amount of paedos attached to them as scum fc has then they should be disbanded, it's disgusting they are still being allowed to participate in our game.

Agreed mate.  I just hope we.are.squeeky clean. There was another coach there at the time and there were allegations made and I hope.he was treated in the same manner.  I really do 

I believe the club would have done the correct thing snd reported any alleged behaviour to the police at that time too.  I hope so!

As I say I want our club to be squeeky clean when it comes.down to all this . All I am.saying is don't be too shocked if our club ilhas more allegations that will be revealed in future months once.this enquiry really fires up.  It's only just starting.