BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What's Weir saying in the presser? (at work)

Benchmark, Learning experience, learning about the team the boys enjoyed the experience, New guys did well, we don't have the level of investment, can't put a number on investment. rise to the challenge.

Something that confuses me a wee bit. 

Why do we place a lot of emphasis on looking for "decent people", MW (and now SDOW) have said this of most of our acquisitions - that they are "good lads" "great personality"....  It's as if a harmonious, compliant dressing room is very high on the agenda..

If we are scouting an excellent player but reports are he is a complete bampot - I honestly think MW would give him a miss..

Surely we need a balance eh?

I would rather have a team full of winners than a team of nice friendly chappies that behave and do what the gaffer tells them....   

43 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

"We have improved in the last 18 months"

Aye very good Davie, pull the other one it's got bells on. 

I honestly can't believe just how far apart the managements view of our team and our view is. 

He's right though. 18 months ago we had failed to get promoted from the championship. Now we're 2nd in the premiership. 

And im guessing but I'm sure their view of the team isn't that much different from ours, but they can't exactly come out and say "the majority of the squad isn't good enough right now" can they?

24 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Something that confuses me a wee bit. 

Why do we place a lot of emphasis on looking for "decent people", MW (and now SDOW) have said this of most of our acquisitions - that they are "good lads" "great personality"....  It's as if a harmonious, compliant dressing room is very high on the agenda..

If we are scouting an excellent player but reports are he is a complete bampot - I honestly think MW would give him a miss..

Surely we need a balance eh?

I would rather have a team full of winners than a team of nice friendly chappies that behave and do what the gaffer tells them....   

We have a team full of suck ups. Not saying the players like it, but headmaster Mark sure does. He's raising a team of pussies that couldn't raise a performance with Joan Collins and a giant dildo.

There's defo a party line being trotted out and they must think we are dumber than they look.