Youth Cup tie at Ibrox - 22nd January

Captain Hilts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, heathen fish boy said:

Record exclusive-young hooligans,shocking footage of the ICF baby crew at youth match 

Consider yourself lucky. If this kind of behaviour had occured in the 80s under Alastair "Herr" Hood she would be banned for life and have to report to her local Police Station during match time.

1 minute ago, jcb said:

Consider yourself lucky. If this kind of behaviour had occured in the 80s under Alastair "Herr" Hood she would be banned for life and have to report to her local Police Station during match time.

Had forgotten bout him,mind he tried to ban the bouncy 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Contact the club anyway and let them know what happened and that you're unhappy about it etc etc, 

I'll put it down to experience,give it a while till she's bit older and more settled,was fifth goal any good? First two were belters

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

It would be good to see some footage of this, how many were in attendance ish?

They had extended highlights of some of the games on YouTube last season don't know why they stopped as I really enjoyed watching them

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

They had extended highlights of some of the games on YouTube last season don't know why they stopped as I really enjoyed watching them

Its daft not to have them on the official site, no doubt Elfideldo's reports are spot on but it would be good to put faces to names and watch a bit of the lads football matches.

21 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Its daft not to have them on the official site, no doubt Elfideldo's reports are spot on but it would be good to put faces to names and watch a bit of the lads football matches.

Games are open to the public 9.5 times out of 10. 

While I agree that it would be good to have them on the site (or in some cases even some acknowledgment the game is on) the club have decided there's not enough interest in it to bother. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Games are open to the public 9.5 times out of 10. 

While I agree that it would be good to have them on the site (or in some cases even some acknowledgment the game is on) the club have decided there's not enough interest in it to bother. 

As a club who puts great importance on youth development this all seems a bit strange, plenty are interested in what/who is coming through the ranks.

22 minutes ago, pcbear said:

As a club who puts great importance on youth development this all seems a bit strange, plenty are interested in what/who is coming through the ranks.

Tell me about it mate. I've kinda capitalised on it a bit with doing our own coverage of the U20s but I still think the club should be doing so. There's a lot of good with our media output just now but there are some absolutely glaring opportunities the club are missing too. Just to give a couple examples directly from the 20s. I've been at most games this season reporting and have had numerous tweets from players parents thanking us for doing it as its the only way they have to keep up with their son's games. Then with an OF U20s game on (and our there being a lot of demand for it) the club didn't bother put a single update out until it was finished. By that time I'd already livetweeted the game, put a report out and got halfway back home by train. 

3 hours ago, heathen fish boy said:

Yeah,wasn't causing any harm,she's three and half,first time she's been as well 

Steward was correct,she might have been showing signs of over exuberance and he was scared of potential pitch invasion.

Guest Lloyd72

If I lived closer to Glasgow I'd probably go to a few games but even then I rarely know when the games are on and usually find out through threads like these made on the day, shame really.

11 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

If I lived closer to Glasgow I'd probably go to a few games but even then I rarely know when the games are on and usually find out through threads like these made on the day, shame really.

Depending where you are, the homw games are normally in Stirling, Best place to check is the SPFL website tbh.

Guest Lloyd72
16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Depending where you are, the homw games are normally in Stirling, Best place to check is the SPFL website tbh.

I'm in Stranraer mate so stirlings even further, I'd pay a subscription to rangerstv if they showed the youth games on it tbh even if it was just highlights.

25 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'm in Stranraer mate so stirlings even further, I'd pay a subscription to rangerstv if they showed the youth games on it tbh even if it was just highlights.

You're fucked then. Already been to Killie in the League and that's as far as they go. Might get Killie in the Cup though.

Guest Lloyd72
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're fucked then. Already been to Killie in the League and that's as far as they go. Might get Killie in the Cup though.

Will need to keep an eye out for that, hopefully next season the under 20s get Stranraer or Ayr in the petrofac cup so I can get a look at them.