Ibrox Stadium

The Godfather

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

aye cos that wouldn't get fucked up by the tarriers when they get the Broomloan......

Don't do that stand  or any damages replace and bill them it simple really .

And while we are ar it  send pictures of all the damage to  every  media outlet, We built and improve Ibrox for us no one else. 

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

After this season it won't be too small, quarter of a million don't talk shite. 

On Manchester - 

At 4pm the Manchester Police gave the estimated crowd already in Manchester as 400,000 with all roads into the town blocked with traffic. They estimated a total of 500,000 by kick off.

On Villarreal - A club statement at the time said that the club had received approx. 250000 requests for tickets. 

On fans walking away next year - That's upto the board to stop. They hold all the cards.

37 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Would love the corners to be filled in between the main stand and Broomloan and Copland. However some architect will be along soon to tell me that it's impossible

I remember reading years ago that this would mess with the natural ventilation of the pitch. Also I think Plod needs these corners open  to satisfy Health and Safety as emergency exits.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

As we are seeing stadiums getting bigger, more modern and the smaller sides moving to these arenas I still wouldn't swap any of those 60 plus thousand stadiums for the one we have.

It might not be the biggest in Britain or even Scotland but IMO it's by far the most impressive in terms of structure, atmosphere and tradition. How many of these kind of stadiums are left nowadays? They are a dying breed and I for one hope we keep ours the way it is (well a bit of a touch up and standing area in the near future) as it oozes class.

Just look at the beauty!

ibrox-stadium.jpg

1200px-Panorama_2_CROP.JPG

ibrox-stadium.jpg

j.jpg

ibrox-stadium-external-facade.jpg

1781035872_fcc2a58e5b_b.jpg

ibrox-stadium.jpg

ibrox-stadium-rangers-at-night_3248057.j

800px-Ibrox_Stadium_Glasgow_Rangers_v_In

Thing of beauty!!!!

59 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Would love the corners to be filled in between the main stand and Broomloan and Copland. However some architect will be along soon to tell me that it's impossible! ?

Also would love the brown wooden looking part outside of the Govan stand to be changed. ??

Id even take what theve done at Easter Road n fill the corners with advertising.

Ibrox has history and is big enough for us, any renovation or aditional seating we wouldnt make money from and there are more important things to worry about just now

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

As we are seeing stadiums getting bigger, more modern and the smaller sides moving to these arenas I still wouldn't swap any of those 60 plus thousand stadiums for the one we have.

It might not be the biggest in Britain or even Scotland but IMO it's by far the most impressive in terms of structure, atmosphere and tradition. How many of these kind of stadiums are left nowadays? They are a dying breed and I for one hope we keep ours the way it is (well a bit of a touch up and standing area in the near future) as it oozes class.

Just look at the beauty!

ibrox-stadium.jpg

ibrox-stadium.jpg

j.jpg

ibrox-stadium.jpg

Absolutely love Ibrox aswell mate! Season ticket is Main Stand Rear and the view is breath taking

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Would love the corners to be filled in between the main stand and Broomloan and Copland. However some architect will be along soon to tell me that it's impossible! ?

Also would love the brown wooden looking part outside of the Govan stand to be changed. ??

Can be done mate, look at the Westfalen stadium to see how. 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Just look at the beauty!

ibrox-stadium.jpg

ibrox-stadium.jpg

j.jpg

ibrox-stadium.jpg

Add this one ☺

20161006_163816.jpg

Expanding ibrox would be  huge financial burden  directors/clubs are just looking at corporate seat sales now the traditional  supporter that has a pint in the local and a chip butty before he gets too the match doesn't generate the kind of dosh these greedy cunts want to generate High proportion of sales at clubs like Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool  include  dinner and fuckin bar on tap this kind of deals run into thousands I heard you would have too demolish a stand in order too expand ibrox  and it would take years just to recoup the investment laid out if it was just normal seating

An example is after Anfield's main stand being completed the chairman said that further expansion even though planning permission was granted wouldn't probably  go ahead because it couldn't be corporate seating as oppose to the main stand and it would take 15 years to recoup the investment as opposed 6 years in the main stand

2 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Any idea how much the plastic seats actually cost? £10-£20? I'm sure most ST holders would be willing to pay for a new seat at the start of the season. 50,000 new shiny blue seats would make a massive difference 

DK would use the money to replace two seats so he could say the money was used for seats, then hed use the money... elsewhere.

2 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Any idea how much the plastic seats actually cost? £10-£20? I'm sure most ST holders would be willing to pay for a new seat at the start of the season. 50,000 new shiny blue seats would make a massive difference 

wee bit more than to buy new seat and fixings...and the labour charges would up the cost

1 hour ago, Basrah Bear said:

I remember reading years ago that this would mess with the natural ventilation of the pitch. Also I think Plod needs these corners open  to satisfy Health and Safety as emergency exits.

Would they not be satisfied with a large tunnel? Surely they would be..

They could do the old get your name on your seat which I cannot even remember what that was for but if fans wanted to get a nice new seat maybe something like that could be the incentive to pay for it although not everyone would go for it.

RFFF could that not be used to replace the faded seats as it does my tits in and would give her a nice wee facelift IMO.

I moved my season ticket this season into the Main Stand. I had an ST in the Govan and the Copland before, but the Main Stand is actually the most maintained stand I've been in. The toilets are a decent quality, pie stall etc, but that is probably because it's right next to the cooper suite :lol: to impress all they suit n tie dweebs 

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Too small for me. As stunning as it once was, its getting old and tired. Gate receipts are Rangers and Celtic's biggest guaranted revenue stream and the crowds we have had the last couple of years has shown we could clearly operate with a higher capacity. Quarter of a million fans in Mancheater,  quarter of a million ticket requests for the match against Villarreal. Average attendances annually in the 90%'s. No one will ever convince me the numbers are not there. We know they are, it's about the club engaging with them and treating the fans with the respect they deserve. As the weird naked Indian once said, If you book them, they will come, well if we build it, they will come. Imagine Ibrox midweek under the lights with 65000-70000 fanatics roaring us on against a Real Madrid or Manchester City. It's all money. Speculate to accumulate is the order of the day for me. 

Those pics in the first post are beautiful by the way. Love them. 

We've demonstrated ourselves to be particularly poor at the "speculate to accumulate" model, I see no evidence we have learnt anything from previous mistakes. 

Fact of the matter is we haven't sold out season tickets, so why do you think we'd sell them out in a bigger stadium? 

3 hours ago, Copland bear said:

We could put another tier on the govan (only), and fill those corners in properly with the screens hanging the way the beggers do . The Copland and broomie stands we could move the entrance and turnstiles back 10 ft and tha new space would allow us to renovate the bottom of the stands with bigger toilets, more disabled toilets and better food outlets.  

To me that's the cheapest way to get it to about 62,000 but as stadiums go apart from international arenas the only one that is better is the Emerites but it does not have the history of our main stand and our stadium is made of brick, not cheap concrete blocks and a meccano set , as that is how the build them now, cheap.

It cost £20 million to build the club deck in 1991. With inflation and probable increased costs you'd be looking at about £50 million in today's money. 

The club deck increased the main stand capacity by 10000. Say the Govan "club deck" did similar. At say £550 and an 80% uptake (the club deck has often been criticised and is normally the last stand to sell out) it would make £4.4 Million a year extra. 

Without thinking of any fancy interest or economics stuff (which I know nothing of) it would take a minimum of 11 years for the new stand to pay for itself via season tickets alone, Never mind making any kind of a profit. And what kind of condition would the whole stadium be in at that point anyway?  

I have to admit the age of ibrox concerns me. I think in the next decade or so we're going to face huge problems trying to fund either a new stadium or significant revamp of the current stadium. 

My main point here is its nice to dream but folk need to wake up and see the reality of where we are. Unless something dramatic happens our path will be one of continued decline rather than high quality stadium builds and new players. 

1 hour ago, ex-guardsman said:

They could do the old get your name on your seat which I cannot even remember what that was for but if fans wanted to get a nice new seat maybe something like that could be the incentive to pay for it although not everyone would go for it.

RFFF could that not be used to replace the faded seats as it does my tits in and would give her a nice wee facelift IMO.

Yeah it's something that needs to be looked at. It's been years since they were touched up

36 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

It cost £20 million to build the club deck in 1991. With inflation and probable increased costs you'd be looking at about £50 million in today's money. 

The club deck increased the main stand capacity by 10000. Say the Govan "club deck" did similar. At say £550 and an 80% uptake (the club deck has often been criticised and is normally the last stand to sell out) it would make £4.4 Million a year extra. 

Without thinking of any fancy interest or economics stuff (which I know nothing of) it would take a minimum of 11 years for the new stand to pay for itself via season tickets alone, Never mind making any kind of a profit. And what kind of condition would the whole stadium be in at that point anyway?  

I have to admit the age of ibrox concerns me. I think in the next decade or so we're going to face huge problems trying to fund either a new stadium or significant revamp of the current stadium. 

My main point here is its nice to dream but folk need to wake up and see the reality of where we are. Unless something dramatic happens our path will be one of continued decline rather than high quality stadium builds and new players. 

It would make more sense to knock down and rebuild the three new stands into one multi purpose construction to up the crowd size, as nothing can be done with the main stand. The cost of building a govan club deck would negate filling in the corners and cost just about the same as a one piece stand.

Ibrox isn't going to change shape any time soon, probably filling the corners at the govan stand would up the crowd to about 58,000 with everybody getting a good view. I spoke to a couple of young Rangers fans who went to Arsenal's ground recently, they said they were right at the top and too far away from the pitch and it cost them £125 per ticket, Rangers would have to up the cost of ST to compensate. 

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Can't see it being much at all, it's just moulded plastic. Few quid a seat.

Even if it was that's still around £250k which I really doubt the board would fork out for or if we did (the fans) I'd imagine it would be used for running costs or the likes.

The bill for the work to replace them would be every bit as great, not a job that could be done overnight.