Ibrox Stadium

The Godfather

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Going by what I've read mate it will cost £10 to park match day, mind you I've read it twice and it didn't make any sense both times. 

As you say an OF game will absolute carnage, as usual GCC not thinking things through properly. 

If it's passed which it will, You won't be allowed to park in the areas highlighted on the map which covers almost all of the surrounding area of the stadium.

Residents within these areas will be issued with permits which will be free, Anyone who lives in the area can apply for a visitors pass for an admin fee of around £10, All of the above won't apply to anyone who has a blue badge.

So unless you have family who lives in the area or friends who can maybe apply for a visitors permit for you, That's the only way people are going to be able to park in the area.

You only have to look up the G51 group who are having the same problems with the council over parking, They had over 4,000 people refuse their proposals and looks like it's all being ignored by the corrupt council.

There is also the possibilty that after the elections in May that the labour council could be booted out and replaced by the nats and could see this council proposal for parking put on the back burner if enough people complain.. As it stands the council doesn't listen to anyone who disagrees with them.

3 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

If it's passed which it will, You won't be allowed to park in the areas highlighted on the map which covers almost all of the surrounding area of the stadium.

Residents within these areas will be issued with permits which will be free, Anyone who lives in the area can apply for a visitors pass for an admin fee of around £10, All of the above won't apply to anyone who has a blue badge.

So unless you have family who lives in the area or friends who can maybe apply for a visitors permit for you, That's the only way people are going to be able to park in the area.

You only have to look up the G51 group who are having the same problems with the council over parking, They had over 4,000 people refuse their proposals and looks like it's all being ignored by the corrupt council.

There is also the possibilty that after the elections in May that the labour council could be booted out and replaced by the nats and could see this council proposal for parking put on the back burner if enough people complain.. As it stands the council doesn't listen to anyone who disagrees with them.

Cheers mate ?

If it gets the go ahead it will be absolute bedlam. 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Cheers mate ?

If it gets the go ahead it will be absolute bedlam. 

It's absolute bedlam just now trying to find places to park, The same thing is being proposed for the unwashed, But the unwashed have use of the car parks at the Emirates arena for supporters buses where we don't have anything in place for our own buses.

Strange thing also about all of this is some of the streets within the non parking area they have proposed have no housing on them at all and most of them have no traffic on them during the weekends and nothing more than empty streets, Proposing to ban parking on streets that have no housing and completely empty at weekends stinks of nothing more than a money making scheme.

I can see the point of residents complaining they can't get parked, But when they are including areas where there are no problems and lie empty all weekend it seems they aren't really concerned about residents and more interested in how much money they can make from parking tickets and lifting cars.

Our biggest problem will be where all the supporters buses are going to park and something the supporters groups are going to have to fight their corner.

18 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Or take a disabled friend with you:lol:

In theory that's quite a clever idea, Four people who generally go by car could just go in someones car who has a blue badge and all chip in a couple of quid for fuel.

But the vast majority won't have a blue badge, The other way round that is if you know someone with a blue badge and they wouldn't be using it on a matchday, You could ask to borrow it, If you know what i mean.

51 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

It's absolute bedlam just now trying to find places to park, The same thing is being proposed for the unwashed, But the unwashed have use of the car parks at the Emirates arena for supporters buses where we don't have anything in place for our own buses.

Strange thing also about all of this is some of the streets within the non parking area they have proposed have no housing on them at all and most of them have no traffic on them during the weekends and nothing more than empty streets, Proposing to ban parking on streets that have no housing and completely empty at weekends stinks of nothing more than a money making scheme.

I can see the point of residents complaining they can't get parked, But when they are including areas where there are no problems and lie empty all weekend it seems they aren't really concerned about residents and more interested in how much money they can make from parking tickets and lifting cars.

Our biggest problem will be where all the supporters buses are going to park and something the supporters groups are going to have to fight their corner.

All the buses that park on the Copland side of Ibrox are as you say empty streets the same with Helen St. 

We get dropped off and picked up but going what I read that will be stopped as well. 

Can't see many huge changes in the next ten years, probably a phased programme of updating each stand in terms of toilets, m + e upgrades, lighting and repainting steelwork to club deck etc. I think any added seats will be similar to bar 72 seats with a cantilever on Copland then Broomloan if they can find the room for bar 72 style bars within these stands. 

Faded seats are the least of our problems at the moment.

Further down the line who knows, would need access to England to make any massive capacity increase worthwhile IMO.

Man United removing 2,000 seats to increase the spaces for disabled fans.  Always felt Rangers should be doing something like this obviously on a smaller scale than united.  

these would be my three priorities

1.  Stadium maintenance - fix what's broken

2. Improve access for disabled fans

3. safe - standing, therefore increased capacity in the 'wee enclosure'.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ibrox+Stadium/@55.8470957,-4.3075463,250a,20y,346.17h,67.72t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xff43846aa29e2690!8m2!3d55.853172!4d-4.3092686

Just a wee thing, but in a recent update to Google Maps you can now see quite a few cities in 3D. Ibrox looks great as you pan around the front of the stadium.

Hold down the Ctrl key and click and drag your mouse to spin around the stadium.

On 19/01/2017 at 9:18 AM, The Godfather said:

As we are seeing stadiums getting bigger, more modern and the smaller sides moving to these arenas I still wouldn't swap any of those 60 plus thousand stadiums for the one we have.

It might not be the biggest in Britain or even Scotland but IMO it's by far the most impressive in terms of structure, atmosphere and tradition. How many of these kind of stadiums are left nowadays? They are a dying breed and I for one hope we keep ours the way it is (well a bit of a touch up and standing area in the near future) as it oozes class.

Just look at the beauty!

ibrox-stadium.jpg

1200px-Panorama_2_CROP.JPG

ibrox-stadium.jpg

j.jpg

ibrox-stadium-external-facade.jpg

1781035872_fcc2a58e5b_b.jpg

ibrox-stadium.jpg

ibrox-stadium-rangers-at-night_3248057.j

800px-Ibrox_Stadium_Glasgow_Rangers_v_In

Totally agree i also love the outside of the main stands brickwork class