Neil McCann

RangersMedia

...is a fucking hero. 

Tanner being his usual wanky self asking if it's realistic for us to have the Scottish Cup in our sights and McCann responds by saying something along the lines of:

"of course. You need to be a winner to play for this team and if you're not a winner when you sign you had better become a winner or you're out that door. I fully expect this Rangers team and the manager to have the Cup in their sights and I believe they do. I remember in the 2002 Scottish cup final against Celtic they had won the league by 18 points or something but on that day we didn't care. We looked at them and we knew we were better than them, we showed it that day and we used it as a catalyst for that summer and the following season."

Well fucking said. The league is lost - it was lost a long time ago, but this is Rangers and you can't dwell on that. Our focus has got to be on winning this Cup and if any of our players don't believe they're good enough to compete on any given day with the paedos no matter how many points they are ahead of us in the league, put them in with the kids and punt them in the summer. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanner's a blue nose but he annoys me .. I was listening there and he said something wanky to McCann along the lines of "you were complaining off-air about Miller coming too deep" .. not that McCann's complaint is invalid, it's a legitimate complaint because I hate seeing him drop deep out of the center forward position but it's kinda landed McCann in it - McCann was obviously speaking off-air as a fan and with frustration (again like a fan) .. we all know McCann is a Rangers man but they are booked to be impartial (which he is) but it was a stupid thing to say ... maybe not a big deal but it makes McCann look like he's impartial and rootin' for Rangers behind the scenes while having the SKY gig. 

I thought Billy Davis spoke sense, too. Talking about crosses into the box how we don't do it with quality and when we did at the end we got success and how we struggle with them, when Motherwell put one in we paid the price. 

2 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

He said he had some players in mind that he thought could improve us if we we to sell McKay, I really hope he fucking tells them to MW.

Aye you'd think he could be used to identify players, he watches enough games, his input would be of value.

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Tanner's a blue nose but he annoys me .. I was listening there and he said something wanky to McCann along the lines of "you were complaining off-air about Miller coming too deep" .. not that McCann's complaint is invalid, it's a legitimate complaint because I hate seeing him drop deep out of the center forward position but it's kinda landed McCann in it - McCann was obviously speaking off-air as a fan and with frustration (again like a fan) .. we all know McCann is a Rangers man but they are booked to be impartial (which he is) but it was a stupid thing to say ... maybe not a big deal but it makes McCann look like he's impartial and rootin' for Rangers behind the scenes while having the SKY gig. 

I thought Billy Davis spoke sense, too. Talking about crosses into the box how we don't do it with quality and when we did at the end we got success and how we struggle with them, when Motherwell put one in we paid the price. 

I find Davies pretty awful. Doesn't offer much insight in my opinion and so hard to listen to him, he can hardly form a sentence. 

Mccan by far the best/only decent pundit on Scottish football. And that's not just because of who he is. He's genuinely the only one with any intelligence or balance. Surely BT must see the difference between him and the likes of Sutton and Butcher. 

Just now, gsa said:

I find Davies pretty awful. Doesn't offer much insight in my opinion and so hard to listen to him, he can hardly form a sentence. 

Mccan by far the best/only decent pundit on Scottish football. And that's not just because of who he is. He's genuinely the only one with any intelligence or balance. Surely BT must see the difference between him and the likes of Sutton and Butcher. 

No argument here. 

I wasn't saying Billy Davies is some sort of footballing God was just meaning on that particular segment that I heard after the game.

It's night and day the difference between McCann and 2 gutter pricks like Sutton and Butcher. 

It's Tanners job to stoke the debate..His double act with McCann is so refreshing compared to the hate fest from mutton and his new pal butcher...

Spoke to a few Forest lads and they have very few good things to say about Davies.Ego maniac and control freak was 2 of the more postable quotes..

McCann is excellent in everything he says. Keep up the good work..

Neil McCann's wingplay analysis is second to none. He highlighted a few opportunities for us to cross the ball, however Kenny (or any midfielder) were nowhere to be seen, so had to revert to keep ball allowing Murderwell to get men behind the ball. The guy talks sense and is one of only a few TV pundits who is able to hold my attention. I feel with his 'I have a few players in mind should Barry go' he is asking for Mark or Davie to get him involved with us. 

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

It's Tanners job to stoke the debate..His double act with McCann is so refreshing compared to the hate fest from mutton and his new pal butcher...

Spoke to a few Forest lads and they have very few good things to say about Davies.Ego maniac and control freak was 2 of the more postable quotes..

McCann is excellent in everything he says. Keep up the good work..

Davies fucked his rep during his second stint with Forrest, he was the returning king but was only interested in settling old scores. 

1 minute ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Maybe we could offer Neil a spot as a scout.
As one poster said.
He covers a lot of matches.

Scottish matches though. 

He mentioned that he had players in mind who would majorly improve us, and from the way it was worded it would seem they were based here. Would be interesting to hear whom they are.  

What I like about McCann is he says things as he sees it and yes before anyone says thats what a pundit does its just refreshing to hear that. So from today we are crying out for a number 9 rather than a fluid front 3 where people drop deep, drift wide leaving the box empty. I want Warburton to say things like that "We didn't get enough bodies in the box", "Our decision making was poor", "We slowed the game down too much" etc.

Instead we get the learning patter. Now if anyone watched that game back and saw the number of times we got into good positions out wide and either our final ball was poor or we didn't have an out and out forward in the box you'd think you'd learn to tweak the tactics.

If Warburton will not budge from 4-3-3 then he needs to consider a 4-2-3-1 where you have a number 7, 10 and 11 sitting behind the stiker. Those three players interchange but the forward player remains in position. That would give you the fluid movement that is required in a short passing style but also a focal point up front.

Now we have changed some things. it generally takes a long time and they are subtle e.g. corners are now put into the box more than played short. We have started to play it long at times from the back (today wasn't a day for that as Motherwell sat back). So I really do hope that Warburton is listening to other sources such as McCann to see that there are areas where we can tweak things and make big improvements.