Neil McCann

RangersMedia

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Tanner's a blue nose but he annoys me .. I was listening there and he said something wanky to McCann along the lines of "you were complaining off-air about Miller coming too deep" .. not that McCann's complaint is invalid, it's a legitimate complaint because I hate seeing him drop deep out of the center forward position but it's kinda landed McCann in it - McCann was obviously speaking off-air as a fan and with frustration (again like a fan) .. we all know McCann is a Rangers man but they are booked to be impartial (which he is) but it was a stupid thing to say ... maybe not a big deal but it makes McCann look like he's impartial and rootin' for Rangers behind the scenes while having the SKY gig.Ā 

I thought Billy Davis spoke sense, too. Talking about crosses into the box how we don't do it with quality and when we did at the end we got success and how we struggle with them, when Motherwell put one in we paid the price.Ā 

Can't say I have any problem with Tanner saying that tbh, my man. Have to say, I quite like him. So much better than alot of the others that do his kind of job.

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

a bit premature - but you dont get coaching badges if you dont think you will end up in coaching....

Maybe he got them to improve his punditry! Would be a unique approach but I think he would go that extra bit to ensure he got it right!

I would love to see Neil Mc Cann if he ever had the inclination to try to manage a team

Hope for all of us one day he chooses us .

When you listen to him he knows as a player what he did and expects of others

He is always rational in thinking and at the same time not scared to voice his thoughts

What an ambassador for our club and for the general goodwill of the scottish game

Ā 

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Tanner's a blue nose but he annoys me .. I was listening there and he said something wanky to McCann along the lines of "you were complaining off-air about Miller coming too deep" .. not that McCann's complaint is invalid, it's a legitimate complaint because I hate seeing him drop deep out of the center forward position but it's kinda landed McCann in it - McCann was obviously speaking off-air as a fan and with frustration (again like a fan) .. we all know McCann is a Rangers man but they are booked to be impartial (which he is) but it was a stupid thing to say ... maybe not a big deal but it makes McCann look like he's impartial and rootin' for Rangers behind the scenes while having the SKY gig.Ā 

I thought Billy Davis spoke sense, too. Talking about crosses into the box how we don't do it with quality and when we did at the end we got success and how we struggle with them, when Motherwell put one in we paid the price.Ā 

It does kind of make you wonder what would happen if Kenny stayed central and was a proper focal point for our attacks, so a very valid point from wee Neil (even if it was off air!).

5 chances & 2 goals is a decent return by anyone's standards.

You have to wonder how many he'd get (chances, that is), if he spent less time on the half way or touch lines.

On 21/01/2017 at 4:07 PM, K.A.I said:

It's unusual to see a panel with at least one hater not presentĀ 

It won't last

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

worth remembering just how good he was.Ā 

QuiteĀ surprising how many the wee man scored with his head, for me tho I'll remember him for his assists more than his goals, if there is a vid ofĀ all his assistsĀ it would be hours long.Ā 

Great player, great pundit, great guy.

17 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

QuiteĀ surprising how many the wee man scored with his head, for me tho I'll remember him for his assists more than his goals, if there is a vid ofĀ all his assistsĀ it would be hours long.Ā 

Great player, great pundit, great guy.

Was just thinking about his assists, that cross in the cup final to Lovenkrands is a thing of beauty.Ā 

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Was just thinking about his assists, that cross in the cup final to Lovenkrands is a thing of beauty.Ā 

It was his best asset, he could put a ball on a 50p and the best thing about McCann, 95% of the time he beat the first man with the cross.

I think it's why ppl get so frustrated with Barrie Mckay, but he has time on his side.

42 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Didn't he set up RdB for one each against them at Ibrox & the Piggery?

On 22/01/2017 at 9:21 AM, HG5 said:

It does kind of make you wonder what would happen if Kenny stayed central and was a proper focal point for our attacks, so a very valid point from wee Neil (even if it was off air!).

5 chances & 2 goals is a decent return by anyone's standards.

You have to wonder how many he'd get (chances, that is), if he spent less time on the half way or touch lines.

Neil McCann actually made two very valid points about Kenny staying central/ dropping deep and they both made sense in regards to our midfield and the way Warburton wants us to play.Ā  His first point was (and I agree with him) that if we are going to put crosses into the box especially on a counter attackĀ  then Kenny has to stay on the shoulder of the last defender,which he did for the Waghorn cross and not come so deep.

His second point was that if Kenny is coming so deep to collect the ball then our midfielders MUST be on the move in front of him to receive the pass; but that doesn't happen, which leaves us with no attack at all and we have to slow the play down meaning we then have ten opposition players defending.

I like the passing game Warburton uses, but I don't like us trying to walk the ball into the net hoping for a lucky ricochet off a defenders leg in a packed six yard box, so as McCann said about our central striker; are these the orders from Warburton or is it the player making the decision?.

On ā€Ž21ā€Ž/ā€Ž01ā€Ž/ā€Ž2017 at 10:11 PM, dalton said:

I would love to see Neil Mc Cann if he ever had the inclination to try to manage a team

Hope for all of us one day he chooses us .

When you listen to him he knows as a player what he did and expects of others

He is always rational in thinking and at the same time not scared to voice his thoughts

What an ambassador for our club and for the general goodwill of the scottish game

Ā 

He might be a shite manager.Ā  Playing the game doesn't mean you'll be any good at a coaching or managerial role.Ā  Just look at McCoist or Davie Weir if you need examples of that.Ā  Rather than hire a pundit to run the team I'd rather have a proven manager.Ā  It seems many have quickly forgot the mistakes of recent years and are ready to do it all over again.Ā  Will we ever be set free.

53 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He might be a shite manager.Ā  Playing the game doesn't mean you'll be any good at a coaching or managerial role.Ā  Just look at McCoist or Davie Weir if you need examples of that.Ā  Rather than hire a pundit to run the team I'd rather have a proven manager.Ā  It seems many have quickly forgot the mistakes of recent years and are ready to do it all over again.Ā  Will we ever be set free.

But maybe he does know about coaching and does have good knowledge of the game? Why write him off?Ā 

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If he took a job at any lower league club and made a spectacular success of it then done the same again with another club he might then come into consideration, atm he is a pundit who talks wellĀ  and canĀ grasp whats going on in the match, pundits are 10 a penny good managers are not.