MOH

Boybluesy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't actually think he is very good however I believe he could be used very well in the correct circumstances.

Today for example when Motherwell were always going to play 11 men behind the ball he is useless. But against a team like the filth when they play higher up the park he could be useful.

In summary its a poor signing but I do think he deserves a better chance, has been used badly and should go elsewhere for the sake of his career.

If Halliday and Holt get away with being continually shite I don't see why MOH shouldn't be given the opportunity to do that as well.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hodson, Kiernan,Holt and Toral were all a lot worse..

Yup. MOH isn't great, and his conclusion is poor, but at least he looked threatening at times. He was alright today.

Holt runs about and that's it. Kiernan is a waste of time. Toral doesn't yet look better than what we have. Hodson is very ordinary.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yup. MOH isn't great, and his conclusion is poor, but at least he looked threatening at times. He was alright today.

Holt runs about and that's it. Kiernan is a waste of time. Toral doesn't yet look better than what we have. Hodson is very ordinary.

Hodson is not as good as ordinary.  

It's funny how we all see things so differently. I thought he done okay today. I thought only McKay was better than him out of the front 6 today. Obviously Miller turned into Ronaldo for the last 7 minutes but prior to that MOH was better than Miller IMO. MOH's biggest fault IMO is evidently that he hits the first man too often. However most of our players are guilty of this, and to be fair so many wide men worldwide find it difficult to beat the first man. All wingers are fucking infuriating but I think it's just something you kinda accept if you want to play with that type of player.

I thought he looked bright in spells. He had a few decent runs, almost set up Miller early, should have had a pen and could maybe have done better when he cut onto his left in the 2nd half. His pace always makes him a threat and at times, I think he's better on the ball than some give him credit for. His close control, which should have won a pen was impressive. 

Guys like Halliday, Holt, Tavernier, Miller, McKay, Kiernan, Wallace etc have played for sustained periods of times despite varying degrees of indifferent form. He's no world beater and he never will be however he's always being used very sparingly and then suddenly, when he gets a shot the expectation on him, IMO, seems unfair. I get that to play for us there will always be huge expectation but I think with a sustained run in the team we will see the best of him, certainly a fairer version of him to fully judge him. Give him 6 games in a row and I think he will be far better for it.

1 minute ago, Trooblue said:

Hodson is not as good as ordinary.  

I know mate. That's what I meant by very ordinary.

Dunno if he gets more leeway because of his background, but he's not a great player. Backup at very best.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It's funny how we all see things so differently. I thought he done okay today. I thought only McKay was better than him out of the front 6 today. Obviously Miller turned into Ronaldo for the last 7 minutes but prior to that MOH was better than Miller IMO. MOH's biggest fault IMO is evidently that he hits the first man too often. However most of our players are guilty of this, and to be fair so many wide men worldwide find it difficult to beat the first man. All wingers are fucking infuriating but I think it's just something you kinda accept if you want to play with that type of player.

I thought he looked bright in spells. He had a few decent runs, almost set up Miller early, should have had a pen and could maybe have done better when he cut onto his left in the 2nd half. His pace always makes him a threat and at times, I think he's better on the ball than some give him credit for. His close control, which should have won a pen was impressive. 

Guys like Halliday, Holt, Tavernier, Miller, McKay, Kiernan, Wallace etc have played for sustained periods of times despite varying degrees of indifferent form. He's no world beater and he never will be however he's always being used very sparingly and then suddenly, when he gets a shot the expectation on him, IMO, seems unfair. I get that to play for us there will always be huge expectation but I think with a sustained run in the team we will see the best of him, certainly a fairer version of him to fully judge him. Give him 6 games in a row and I think he will be far better for it.

A very fair assessment. Fully agree. 

I think he could have been utilised better, funny Kranc had some awful games at the start of the season, especially against them in the first game, but he kept starting and got better; MOH gets dropped or subbed at any opportunity, he needs games and confidence otherwise it's pointless having his pace.

MOH & Garner up front against them i think would cause Sellick all sorts of problems, but no use against 11 behind the ball..

Not sure why ? he plays the game with his back to goal as often as he does.  He has pace, however, as a team we do not play to his strengths.  He has to come deep to receive ball far too often.  If we passed the ball to him a bit earlier and over the top of the opponent's defenders then he would be able to attack more effectively.