Why are you accepting this?

Junior Soprano

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If your trying to justify the piss we are watching week in week out, by telling folk to be realistic and things will work out eventually we just need patience and sensible spending blah blah blah  

Then your backing this board and are a surrender monkey. 

So what course of action do you suggest to effect change? 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

So what course of action do you suggest to effect change? 

There is none, nothing the fans do will make a blind bit of difference in the short term. 

But I'm not going to try and justify the hole we are in just because so called rangers men are in charge. 

If things continue as is the crowds will drop and we spiral downwards until the guys in charge become bored of their wee boys club and sell their shares to somebody. If that's what we call fan power the so be it but it will take years  

Then we start all over again and hope the next lot have the first clue what they are doing. 

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I don't mean voting with their feet. You need to turn out and support the team in numbers regardless of form, results, lies and broken promises.

I'm talking about the same people who put pressure on the previous lots put the same pressures on King and Warburton ... even the players (like the less time Tweeting banner) ... doing nothing shouldn't be an option. 

I don't mean this cheeky either mate and I like both you and WhiteSettler but your comments about how things were in the 70's and early-mid 80's under Greg and Wallace is the same sort of mental gymnastics I was talking about ... because you seen bad times then your not as worried about now ... I've seen bad times too ... McCoist's teams and then McDowall and McCall in the lower leagues were a million times worse than Greg's and Wallace's teams so I can't buy that logic at all. 

I was sitting with a guy and his mrs yesterday and then in the boozer afterwards. We have been following Rangers since the 60's, and yes we have witnessed some of the shitest team performances under Greig and Wallace and the support and the press slated them for such performances. They (managers) were rightly put under pressure as such displays, cannot and will not be accepted by our support or the Boards (at the time). The situation as per 2017 is such that we have a Board that is weak and unfocussed(regarding our rightful position in Scottish football) and an MD who seems to have bluffed his way into power on false pretences. Add to this the management and his signings and it is plain for all to see that all is not rosy within our club at this moment. Our support can and do voice their discontent when they see poor or weak performances from players wearing our strip, as they have every right to. Historically our support EXPECT players wearing our colours to play EVERY game with heart and soul and that our manager to pick and play our best side but also with tactics that ensure we are consistently at our peak. This clearly has not been the case in recent months  at our club, and equally clearly MW seems unable to consistently maintain or pick a team that adheres to the highest standards required by our club and support. YES, I do understand the financial predicament we have recently risen from but surely the support can expect and demand that DK and his Board's promises of  financial investment to improve our team. 50,000 of us turn up at Ibrox every other week to support them. Surely the least we can expect is those who are running the club to do their utmost to do their best for the club and support.

As I stated in the first couple of sentences above, we can remember the shite teams of the late 70's early 80's and Ibrox was not a happy place to be at those times. Supporters voted with their feet and I can well remember many half empty games. If nothing is done either by management or Board, I fear MW may well experience the displeasure inflicted on Messers Greig and Wallace.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

There is none, nothing the fans do will make a blind bit of difference in the short term. 

But I'm not going to try and justify the hole we are in just because so called rangers men are in charge. 

If things continue as is the crowds will drop and we spiral downwards until the guys in charge become bored of their wee boys club and sell their shares to somebody. If that's what we call fan power the so be it but it will take years  

Then we start all over again and hope the next lot have the first clue what they are doing. 

So basically the same as the surrender monkeys, but with a bit more moaning on the internet. 

Good stuff. 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

So basically the same as the surrender monkeys, but with a bit more moaning on the internet. 

Good stuff. 

Aye very good. ?

At least myself and plenty like me, aren't trying to justify the mismanagement of our club once again. 

So good stuff yourself. 

36 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye very good. ?

At least myself and plenty like me, aren't trying to justify the mismanagement of our club once again. 

So good stuff yourself. 

I'm not though.

King and the board are a shambles. 

I do like / believe in Warburton.  

16 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How did we come through it?

Did we wait patiently and cross our fingers that we would develop a whole bunch of talented youngsters at the same time and then keeping finding hidden gems in the lower English leagues. While we are fed drip drip loans to just keep us going with no league titles and maybe the occasional cup win. 

OR

Did someone throw some money at the problem to kick start the club and get us  winning again, which then leads to greater success and more money which leads to a bigger stage and better players and exposure. 

Which spiral do you want mate? 

The upward or the downward. 

Oh I'll take the second option please! The only thing about that is, we don't have anybody that's willing to throw some money at it. Maybe the board we have is as good as we're gonna get. 

I was wondering how much money club1872 have in the bank. They may very well be able to throw money at the club, in the future, if they're not able to purchase any shares. On that very subject, we do really, really, need to have a share issue. I think we all know why they're not having one, but fuck that, it's hurting the club not having one, maybe, just maybe, the bad boys won't want to purchase any more shares, hmm?

4 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Oh I'll take the second option please! The only thing about that is, we don't have anybody that's willing to throw some money at it. Maybe the board we have is as good as we're gonna get. 

I was wondering how much money club1872 have in the bank. They may very well be able to throw money at the club, in the future, if they're not able to purchase any shares. On that very subject, we do really, really, need to have a share issue. I think we all know why they're not having one, but fuck that, it's hurting the club not having one, maybe, just maybe, the bad boys won't want to purchase any more shares, hmm?

1872 don't have anywhere near the money we need and never will. 

You would have to ask the board that waltzed to power so convincingly 2 years ago still can't get Res11 passed. Our do they actually want it passed? that would mean they would have to step up with their own money or have other investors ready and waiting.