Craig the bhoy Thomson

Smile

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this before re Thomson - in Scotland we have a lot of bad refs. Some really, really bad ones - but he's the only ref I've seen in about 30 years of watching football that I actually think is a cheat.

I've no idea what goes on in his head. 

I've never complained about bad referee's as it's taigy but he's an exception. Guys a cheat (and a poor ref) 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I've said this before re Thomson - in Scotland we have a lot of bad refs. Some really, really bad ones - but he's the only ref I've seen in about 30 years of watching football that I actually think is a cheat.

I've no idea what goes on in his head. 

I've never complained about bad referee's as it's taigy but he's an exception. Guys a cheat (and a poor ref) 

Even in the picture, you can see he's in a Perfect position to give the decision,  but he's probably thinking I can ignore this it's only Rangers no one's going to complain.

9 minutes ago, JR said:

The excuse will be he let the play continue as we took a free shot at goal ...

I think advantage is lost if the move breaks down seconds later, it should have been called back for a pen. It was as clear a stone wall penalty as i've ever seen and i can't believe that picture above of the ref looking directly at it. For me, it proves blatant cheating. He seen it and chose to ignore it. 

There was that blatant penalty and he also gave a foul against Halliday for winning the ball, even Andy Walker said he was astonished he gave a foul as even the Motherwell players weren't asking. It was as clean a tackle you'll see, wasn't from behind or anything, didn't even touch the guy, ref was in a great position. 

12 minutes ago, JR said:

The excuse will be he let the play continue as we took a free shot at goal ...

Probably but that's still breaking the rules as if no reasonable advantage is given then play should be called back 

Cmon lads - "the ref is a cheat" 

leave the paranoia to you know who. He's neither a cheat or "one of us" he's a ref whose best years are behind him. Like Keirnan, Tav, Halliday or any other player for that matter on this God given earth, he has bad days or very bad moments. 

He made a couple of glaring errors yesterday but they were not  premeditated. 

16 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Cmon lads - "the ref is a cheat" 

leave the paranoia to you know who. He's neither a cheat or "one of us" he's a ref whose best years are behind him. Like Keirnan, Tav, Halliday or any other player for that matter on this God given earth, he has bad days or very bad moments. 

He made a couple of glaring errors yesterday but they were not  premeditated. 

I've not seen any replays, but it looked a stonewall penalty and also a red card late on. 

I don't know if 'cheat' is the right word, but he's incredibly biased against us. Cunt has given so many big decisions against us over the years it can't just be incompetence. 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

don't think he's a cheat just really bad walker on sterling was another shocker yesterday unless British refs start pulling play back and awarding pens the UK is gonna develop a even bigger problem with cheating to win pens

Good point mate ?

Thompson is not a cheat and neither is he past it , he's pure and simply incompetent and always has been. I've mentioned in the past how well he controls games and seems to have the respect of the players but sadly gets big decisions wrong on a REGULAR basis. The standard of refereeing in Scotland is pathetic and Thompson's  status as one of our top refs proves it. I was in the Govan and CLEARLY  saw MOH's STONEWALL penalty and was thinking he'll point to the spot if Hodson doesn't score but to my amazement he played on, I shouldn't have been amazed.

2 hours ago, Vwbear said:

The tackle at the end on Halliday i have seen Thompson red card Rangers players for less 

an out and out cheat 

Like two in the 2010 LC final where he got to referee his boyhood idols (St Mirren)!We stiil had KM that day to win with 9 men.

Also think it was around 2009 or 10 when he actually came out and apologised to Sellick for not awarding them a penalty at Ibrox when Maloney went down in the box. Same ref who awarded a penalty in 2011 LC Final to us then changed his decision and booked Nicka Jelavic for diving.