Craig the bhoy Thomson

Smile

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, mabawsa said:

Like two in the 2010 LC final where he got to referee his boyhood idols (St Mirren)!We stiil had KM that day to win with 9 men.

Also think it was around 2009 or 10 when he actually came out and apologised to Sellick for not awarding them a penalty at Ibrox when Maloney went down in the box. Same ref who awarded a penalty in 2011 LC Final to us then changed his decision and booked Nicka Jelavic for diving.

Was just about to post exactly this, his face after Miller scored that header was fucking brilliant.

Also don't forget the penalty he gave to Stokes for running into Davis at Ibrox which could've possibly won the filth the league had McGregor not saved it.

The guy's a cheating cunt.

29 minutes ago, mabawsa said:

Like two in the 2010 LC final where he got to referee his boyhood idols (St Mirren)!We stiil had KM that day to win with 9 men.

Also think it was around 2009 or 10 when he actually came out and apologised to Sellick for not awarding them a penalty at Ibrox when Maloney went down in the box. Same ref who awarded a penalty in 2011 LC Final to us then changed his decision and booked Nicka Jelavic for diving.

Ian black tackle on jelavic at tynecastle 

scott brown on ian black at hampden 

Hesslehink on amdy faye 

all horrific tackles only yellow cards by that bastard Thompson 

No surprise really. 

Motherwell knew they were getting a free kick everytime they went down that they started to shield the ball with their hands everytime they hit the deck:lol:

He's a cheating bastard and always has been. Him and Kevin Clancy are consistently the worst refs I've seen at Rangers games. 

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Even in the picture, you can see he's in a Perfect position to give the decision,  but he's probably thinking I can ignore this it's only Rangers no one's going to complain.

Correct,there's still the perception that we get every decision going ,when in fact we get a lot more going against us than for us 

the free kick against the sheep away where they scored was a horrendous decision ,and if the filth had that against them there would have been another refs strike 

1 minute ago, Carsons Dog said:

You shouldn't swear to your husband

It's not ladylike

?

I know! When we were there yesterday I was swearing like a trooper at the ref and I realised it was all quiet around me! I had to apologise to the people behind me! So embarrassing 

:duh:

Just now, Sparkle said:

There were at least 4 bad challenges on us went unpunished, plus the non penalty.  A poor ref maybe gets 1 or 2 of these wrong. It's a biased ref that gets them all wrong imo. 

Like your selfie dawl.

He is a horrific red and shouldn't be allowed to take our games.

I've done work for him in his house, and have done for a couple of years. I was last there 2 weeks ago, and to this day I've never suspected him of being a Celtic fan or a rangers fan. The only football stuff I've ever saw are refereeing pics of him doing SC finals. One of his best mates, whom I also done work for and lives in paisley is a massive rangers fan, and they grew up in paisley together. CT supposedly has a twin brother who is a st mirren season ticket holder, so maybe he actually is a st mirren fan. I get on well with him, and he was telling me after a conversation one day when we were talking about punditry that he has zero time for Chris Sutton and Craig burley, take from that what u like.

im sure he gave us a throw in last season when it was a Celtic throw in, and McKay scored seconds later, and I'm sure he disallowed a Celtic goal in the league cup semi final a couple of months ago which seemed at the time a mistake, and could have sent off forrester v Dundee earlier this season which got Sutton's back up.

yes he is a lawyer for fes, and his wife is a teacher, but they are nice people, and I get on with them both well. Does he make mistakes? Yes. Is he a cheat? I doubt it. Does he support Celtic? I'd be very surprised if it came out that he did, as he's never shown any leanings that way, and he knows I'm a big Rangers fan, and also last year was always saying to me how good it was to referee Barrie McKay as he thinks he's a really good player.

is he incompetent? Possibly, but he's told me he's been refereeing in spl for over 10 years, UEFA and FIFA around the same, so somebody thinks he's good enough.

i agree though that he has made big mistakes for and against us throughout the years, like a lot or referees mind you.

it was a big mistake yesterday though, and I'll mention that next time I see him (prob in a few weeks) lol.

The penalty decision was disgraceful, from the copland front it was a penalty yet as the picture shows Thompson had a clear view so why did he not award it? 

But what about the league cup final against the beggers? Jelavic goes down, he points to the spot which indicated it was a penalty only to change his mind and award them a free kick? Yet no one in the media mentioned it the next day after Jelavics winner in extra time.

But what would have happened if we lost?  

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

I seem to remember him giving Kevin Thomson a few red cards when he played for us.

Maybe that was a family related thing right enough.

Heard Kevin on the radio saying he thought it was because he didn't have a P in his name, that he was biased against him :lol:

10 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I've done work for him in his house, and have done for a couple of years. I was last there 2 weeks ago, and to this day I've never suspected him of being a Celtic fan or a rangers fan. The only football stuff I've ever saw are refereeing pics of him doing SC finals. One of his best mates, whom I also done work for and lives in paisley is a massive rangers fan, and they grew up in paisley together. CT supposedly has a twin brother who is a st mirren season ticket holder, so maybe he actually is a st mirren fan. I get on well with him, and he was telling me after a conversation one day when we were talking about punditry that he has zero time for Chris Sutton and Craig burley, take from that what u like.

im sure he gave us a throw in last season when it was a Celtic throw in, and McKay scored seconds later, and I'm sure he disallowed a Celtic goal in the league cup semi final a couple of months ago which seemed at the time a mistake, and could have sent off forrester v Dundee earlier this season which got Sutton's back up.

yes he is a lawyer for fes, and his wife is a teacher, but they are nice people, and I get on with them both well. Does he make mistakes? Yes. Is he a cheat? I doubt it. Does he support Celtic? I'd be very surprised if it came out that he did, as he's never shown any leanings that way, and he knows I'm a big Rangers fan, and also last year was always saying to me how good it was to referee Barrie McKay as he thinks he's a really good player.

is he incompetent? Possibly, but he's told me he's been refereeing in spl for over 10 years, UEFA and FIFA around the same, so somebody thinks he's good enough.

i agree though that he has made big mistakes for and against us throughout the years, like a lot or referees mind you.

it was a big mistake yesterday though, and I'll mention that next time I see him (prob in a few weeks) lol.

Fair enough but gonnae ask him what on earth stopped him from giving that clear as day penalty yesterday?!

13 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Get back to us m8 when he gives you his excuse, when I watched the replay it was a stonewall penalty from every angle, not dubious, no excuses.

Also good to know he doesn't have crucifixes in his hoose.

I've seen plenty bad refs but with them both teams have cause to complain.

Time and again this guy doesn't give us basic decisions. I used to think it was incompetence. I used to think he just liked the controversy. 

Now I'm pretty sure he detests us and deliberately does not give us both key decisions and also protection that would get our players a yellow. If this makes him a cheat then yeah that's what he is.