Rossiter On The Mend

Bluebear11

JORDAN ROSSITER will step up his recovery from injury next week as he bids to make his return to first team action.

The former Liverpool kid has not played for Mark Warburton’s side since the draw with Kilmarnock at Rugby Park in August.

Rossiter has suffered a series of setbacks in recent months but Warburton has previously insisted that he will take to the field again this season.

Warburton said: “Jordan is getting there. He will be working outside this week.

“I get very frustrated because I know his frustration and his pain at not being able to play as much as he wanted to this season.

“We know what a good player he is. He is an outstanding young talent.

“I am not going to put pressure on him and give you a date of coming back but the fact that he is going outside soon is good news and fingers crossed we see Jordan sooner rather than later.”

Great news and hopefully he can replace Halliday and play with our 2 new signings who look decent! I would be more comfortable with that midfield. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Bluebear11 said:

“I am not going to put pressure on him and give you a date of coming back but the fact that he is going outside soon is good news and fingers crossed we see Jordan sooner rather than later.”

Wait have we not been letting him out of the house?

Now we all know that MW didn't get where he is today by putting pressure on his players or by setting firm dates for delivery.  

Or maybe I'm mixing him up with CJ from the Rise and Fall (or was it also Fall and Rise) or Reginald Perrin?    Rossiter was in danger of just disappearing from view with his Ibrox CJ-equivalent having the job of trying to explain away a seemingly endless spell of injury. 

One day we'll see him play again.  Maybe towards the end of this season if there are some end of season games which might be a bit less intensive for a player looking to gain match fitness after such long injury absence.

Looking forward to hearing CJ's (sorry MW's) next update.

12 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Now we all know that MW didn't get where he is today by putting pressure on his players or by setting firm dates for delivery.  

Or maybe I'm mixing him up with CJ from the Rise and Fall (or was it also Fall and Rise) or Reginald Perrin?    Rossiter was in danger of just disappearing from view with his Ibrox CJ-equivalent having the job of trying to explain away a seemingly endless spell of injury. 

One day we'll see him play again.  Maybe towards the end of this season if there are some end of season games which might be a bit less intensive for a player looking to gain match fitness after such long injury absence.

I didn't get where I am today by ........... rushing  players back from injury .  

Rossiter was due back in November but had another setback. 

MW and the medical team decided he would be given additional time after he had recovered to hopefully aid his future.  He'll be commencing a mini pre season next week by all accounts. I'd be hopefully he'll make an appearance in a bounce game come early to mid Feb 

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

I can just see a pile of clothes & a pair of shoes on the beach at Largs!