Big Wes

Leeds_Bear

2 hours ago, bluchoo said:

:snapoutofit:

For a Gk who played in the Championship last year, whos top level is the spl and untested in europe or international football

His value isnt even 500k

EDIT transfermarkt have him at 250k

10 million oh dear

How much do you think he's worth?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If the filth are looking for £3m+ for Gordon who is 34 and been riddled with injuries, I'd be looking for at least that for an English mid 20s keeper who is far better than him. 

Not on RM though, he's shite and we should bite anyone's hand off for anything around £1m. :duh:

This is the wider point, some of our supporters vastly undervalue the players in our team considering we've got the richest footballing nation on our doorstep. 

42 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

How much do you think he's worth?

500k to £1 million at the most tbh and im a fan of his.

The St Johnstone keeper has a better record in the spl this year for clean sheets and hes younger and playing in a weaker team. Just because hes made a few excelent saves in the spl hes no where near a £10 million keeper.

Big lurch at Ceptic got a multi million pound move but he had proved himself in Champions League and in the England Squad over seasons. To rate a keeper who played in the scottish championship and 20 odd games in the SPL as a £10 million plus is laughable

1 hour ago, bluchoo said:

500k to £1 million at the most tbh and im a fan of his.

The St Johnstone keeper has a better record in the spl this year for clean sheets and hes younger and playing in a weaker team. Just because hes made a few excelent saves in the spl hes no where near a £10 million keeper.

Big lurch at Ceptic got a multi million pound move but he had proved himself in Champions League and in the England Squad over seasons. To rate a keeper who played in the scottish championship and 20 odd games in the SPL as a £10 million plus is laughable

500k for the best keeper in the league is laughable mate. 

You do know the market was completely different when lurch was sold? There was no BT deal in play, the English market has sky rocketed. You can't just compare the two without addressing that point. 

We would be stupid to accept anything less than £5m as things stand but IMO he will be worth £10m in 18months. 

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38769455 - case and point. 

Chelsea want £10/15 million for asmir begovic, is Wes at the same standard as him......no chance, if I had a choice between both I'd take Asmir.

I think he's had a good season so far and definitely improved, but he's only been tested at a poor standard and doesn't have the experience of Europe or international level.

If it came down to selling him I'd push for £5 million but I think realistically it would be around £3 million.

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

500k for the best keeper in the league is laughable mate. 

You do know the market was completely different when lurch was sold? There was no BT deal in play, the English market has sky rocketed. You can't just compare the two without addressing that point. 

We would be stupid to accept anything less than £5m as things stand but IMO he will be worth £10m in 18months. 

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38769455 - case and point. 

Are you doing this for a wind up?

First you say 13 million now its 5?

I can compared both deals because then or now he isnt in that bracket lol

If he is the best keeper, which statistically he isnt, in the league why arnt Chelsea interested in him when they are up here lookin at keepers?

I am a fan and im happy with him but teality check is needed

14 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Port Vale have accepted a 250k bid. 

I heard he was coming on loan a few days ago, but the bloke who told me has been wrong before biggrin.gif. Had it confirmed earlier although I was told that it was a loan deal with a view to buying him in the summer.

3 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

If he is the best keeper, which statistically he isnt, in the league why arnt Chelsea interested in him when they are up here lookin at keepers?

They want an experienced back up who will be ok with sitting on the bench in his twilight years, it's not like anyone (bar Neuer and another few in the world) could actually shift Courtois. That's their strategy with keepers. 

There's dozens of better keepers that Gordon in the UK, but I assume that they have gone for him as he's left footed, experienced and a similar build to Courtois. It's a like for like replacement if he's ever injured, just no where near as good. 

Fod is far better, and has more potential to develop (with first team football) than Gordon IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I heard he was coming on loan a few days ago, but the bloke who told me has been wrong before biggrin.gif. Had it confirmed earlier although I was told that it was a loan deal with a view to buying him in the summer.

No chance 250k for a loan, surely to fuck not ?

1 minute ago, cumnockbear said:

No chance 250k for a loan, surely to fuck not ?

What I was told was that it was a loan deal until summer. If he wanted to remain after that (and we wanted him), the price was 250k.

Seems we've bought him as opposed to taking him on a loan.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

What I was told was that it was a loan deal until summer. If he wanted to remain after that (and we wanted him), the price was 250k.

Seems we've bought him as opposed to taking him on a loan.

It's got to be, you don't activate a release clause by loaning, makes no sense. 

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They want an experienced back up who will be ok with sitting on the bench in his twilight years, it's not like anyone (bar Neuer and another few in the world) could actually shift Courtois. That's their strategy with keepers. 

There's dozens of better keepers that Gordon in the UK, but I assume that they have gone for him as he's left footed, experienced and a similar build to Courtois. It's a like for like replacement if he's ever injured, just no where near as good. 

Fod is far better, and has more potential to develop (with first team football) than Gordon IMO. 

Was only using chelsea as an example..if he has so much potential that he is going to be worth 13 million...why isnt anyone taking him now? We arnt in a position to turn down bids.

Just now, Jb85 said:

Yeah that's what I thought. I've just seen posts talking about it being Wes. 

Seems that's the case:

He is seen as a replacement for Matt Gilks, who was told he could leave the club with Wigan Athletic his likely destination.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15054230.Rangers_bid_accepted_for_former_Newcastle_keeper_Jak_Alnwick/

7 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Was only using chelsea as an example..if he has so much potential that he is going to be worth 13 million...why isnt anyone taking him now? We arnt in a position to turn down bids.

He's not a £13m keeper, but he has potential to be I think. Particularly given the current mental market and he's English. 

1 hour ago, bluchoo said:

No I'm not at all, have you read the thread? Or even just the first page? 

Statistics prove and disprove a lot/very little. 

You were comparing the price of Forster to my valuation in relation to Forster's experience yes - I'm saying the market conditions have changed vastly since then so you can't make a direct comparison.

Either way I think we can both agree £500k-£1m is vastly undervaluing one of our strongest assets.