Midfielders

Chrismac8

1 hour ago, Chrismac8 said:

There seems to be no heart or desire to go beyond miller and get in to the box and get on the end of crosses. If we added this to our game I think we would be a really threat.?⚪️?

Did you watch McCann's analysis today? It was all around our players getting beyond Miller when he dropped deep. Happened regularly today. 

Goalscoring midfielders are hard to come by. I can't remember the last time our 2 regulars Holt and Halliday scored. Or Windass or Forrester either. 

The team as a whole haven't scored near enough goals. I think we may have the 4th best goal difference in the league which isn't good enough. 

Was great seeing the new boy get that high up the park and have the courage to actually shoot.  

1 hour ago, Chrismac8 said:

There seems to be no heart or desire to go beyond miller and get in to the box and get on the end of crosses. If we added this to our game I think we would be a really threat.?⚪️?

You've chose to make the point mate on the only day in the last 18 months your point has probably been wrong - over the period I agree its been an issue, hopefully solved, in the short term anyway.

12 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

So is your point then the signing policy?

It appears to be stop gap, spend all summer getting the players you think you want in.

Then realise they are either perpetually injured, rockets or Pish.

Its patch over the holes ala Senderos, panic signing a centre half that's shot.

And again he's previous with one or both players that have arrived can't be sure if Hyndman played in that Euro thing he started.

We are lacking in so many positions it's criminal.

6 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

It appears to be stop gap, spend all summer getting the players you think you want in.

Then realise they are either perpetually injured, rockets or Pish.

Its patch over the holes ala Senderos, panic signing a centre half that's shot.

And again he's previous with one or both players that have arrived can't be sure if Hyndman played in that Euro thing he started.

We are lacking in so many positions it's criminal.

The whole squad needs a quality uplift. For me based on what we have seen ,hyndland is the standard we should be apiring to. 

The summer transfer window was a disaster,  for a number of different reasons, but surely  it's obvious he sees the midfield as a major weakness and is trying to rectify it?

Yes they are loans, but MW was at pains to point out a lot can happen when loans come.

Let's see what happens with these guys.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

The whole squad needs a quality uplift. For me based on what we have seen ,hyndland is the standard we should be apiring to. 

The summer transfer window was a disaster,  for a number of different reasons, but surely  it's obvious he sees the midfield as a major weakness and is trying to rectify it?

Yes they are loans, but MW was at pains to point out a lot can happen when loans come.

Let's see what happens with these guys.

Totally agree but it depends on readies in the summer and whether we have any ?

When Miller drops deep we had contest runs yesterday, 

McKay

Wallace

Tav

Hyndman

Toral

Waghorn

Windass

I agree in part though, when we get to the by line to whip a ball in we need to take a gamble much more then...That's different though than Miller dropping deep; which is a very deliberate tactic.