Young Bob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

Bringing in a new keeper to replace Gilks got me wondering about defensive midfield. If Halliday got injured tomorrow who replaces him? I know some will say we would perform better with 10 men but ....

The manager replaces him.

With whom would be his choice.

Options aren't brilliant though.

1 minute ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Literally anyone, he is fucking hopeless. Supposed to be a holding mid but provides no protection what so ever to the defence and gives the ball away every time he has it.

Hyndman, toral, windass, holt and forrester all better option 

Maybe but none are classed as defensive midfielders. Rossiters fit he takes the role more than likely but if he gets injured again then we are back to where we are. Point is we run out to buy a replacement goalie and our options for back up DM are still non existant.

hodson into right back, tavernier into defensive mid ( iirc he had a couple of really good games in there) and push our new boys further up the park.

Not convinced Halliday should even be our 1st choice, I also think that Rossiter is our long term plan in that position, but he seems to be made of glass.

8 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Maybe but none are classed as defensive midfielders. Rossiters fit he takes the role more than likely but if he gets injured again then we are back to where we are. Point is we run out to buy a replacement goalie and our options for back up DM are still non existant.

Are you actually trying to say  Halliday is a DM? He's a second string player at best and a liability there are several of better quality who can fill that roll.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Are you actually trying to say  Halliday is a DM? He's a second string player at best and a liability there are several of better quality who can fill that roll.

No. He is not. He is not a very good footballer either and thats why he was released before. Our manager has him in that role. Maybe Rossiter is 1st choice but his back up is shit. We run out to buy a goalie and dont seem too worried about another key position.

I also said Tavernier was shite last season and got slaughtered. Have been proven correct though this season but thats another matter.

17 minutes ago, gogzy said:

hodson into right back, tavernier into defensive mid ( iirc he had a couple of really good games in there) and push our new boys further up the park.

Not convinced Halliday should even be our 1st choice, I also think that Rossiter is our long term plan in that position, but he seems to be made of glass.

Sorry mate but you don't remember correctly.

Tav is every bit as bad, in fact he is worse, than Halliday in midfield.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Sorry mate but you don't remember correctly.

Tav is every bit as bad, in fact he is worse, than Halliday in midfield.

I often don't remember correctly :lol:

It would be nice if rossiter could get himself fit, and get a run of games in there.  I had, and still have some high hope for him.

I suffer those symptoms myself, i blame the bevvy:guiness:

Tav just doesn't have the awareness to play in there, the amount of times he gets caught out on the ball when playing in there is terrible.

In his defence he is used to playing as right wing back mostly looking forward with nobody behind him to challenge.

I'm the same, if we could get Rossiter back in amongst it he will prove to be a quality addition.

Just wish we could get some clarity on his situation but understandable if it's a sensitive issue.