If Halliday got injured

Young Bob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would seem an obvious decision to play a defensive player in a defensive role. Whilst he wasn't the best Dominic Ball was a CB who played there more successfully than Halliday. Might be an idea once fit to play Wilson there. Or perhaps move Kiernan into it. Horrible to think we bought 3 players to play that role and they all have played about 10 games between them :huh:

1 minute ago, RossS1873 said:

It would seem an obvious decision to play a defensive player in a defensive role. Whilst he wasn't the best Dominic Ball was a CB who played there more successfully than Halliday. Might be an idea once fit to play Wilson there. Or perhaps move Kiernan into it. Horrible to think we bought 3 players to play that role and they all have played about 10 games between them :huh:

200 (1).gif

5 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Ball was better in the middle than he was in defence. Oh for the days of a John Brown. I think he played defensive mid for Dundee the first time I saw him but he could play in any defensive position and score goals too.

Can imagine him against that prick Brown.

1 hour ago, Young Bob said:

Maybe but none are classed as defensive midfielders. Rossiters fit he takes the role more than likely but if he gets injured again then we are back to where we are. Point is we run out to buy a replacement goalie and our options for back up DM are still non existant.

Aye but if halliday is giving the defence no protection and nothing on the ball we are as well playing 3 central midfielders who are comfortable on the ball and can play well alongside one another. Halliday is fuckin murder 

Warburton is clearly enthused and impressed by his CV so Senderos would be the man for the job. 

........a few drinks tonight with some former work colleagues from a long time ago helps to unlock the creative thinking needed to solve the DM problem.  

I feel sorry for Halliday, having some of you "supporting" him.

If Halliday switched-off as often as Tavernier does, costing us vital goals at Hearts and against Celtic, I would not be surprised to see a protest outside Ibrox.

As I said in the Hearts topic, at one point on Saturday, Foderingham wrongly chucked the ball to Halliday - largely because he was the only one wearing a blue jersey paying attention - and he lost the ball because there were two Motherwell players on his blind side. After it, Halliday erupted at Foderingham and the 'keeper held his hand up, apologising. Yet, everyone around me blamed Halliday. I couldn't believe it.

It feels a bit like that period post-le Guen when half of the support seemed to have it in for Ferguson.

For all those who continue to slate Halliday. Give the guy a break. He is doing all he can. Yes he might not be good enough for where we want to be but slagging him off on every thread he is mentioned is getting a bit boring. He's a Rangers player ffs. So many of our fans need to take a look at themselves 

I get that Halliday has been shite. See when we signed him though, he wasn't a defensive midfielder.

For Bradford etc he was a winger or fullback.

Wasn't a defensive midfielder when signed, isn't now.

He's a diehard so isn't going to say no to paying there, never has and never will.

He deserves more respect, Warburton is to blame for thinking he can turn him into Phillip Lahm and not clearly seeing he won't make it as a centre or holding mid.

He's a decent player Halliday, funny how quickly folk become scapegoats.

1 hour ago, Cam1872 said:

I get that Halliday has been shite. See when we signed him though, he wasn't a defensive midfielder.

For Bradford etc he was a winger or fullback.

Wasn't a defensive midfielder when signed, isn't now.

He's a diehard so isn't going to say no to paying there, never has and never will.

He deserves more respect, Warburton is to blame for thinking he can turn him into Phillip Lahm and not clearly seeing he won't make it as a centre or holding mid.

He's a decent player Halliday, funny how quickly folk become scapegoats.

While I agree with most of what you have said the bit about Halliday being a decent player made me laugh in no way is he decent this is a guy who couldn't hold down a place in a poor league 1 side (Bradford) my oh my how the standards have dropped when fans settle for dross!!!!