Young Bob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

All the criticism of Halliday makes me think some folk have forgotten how bad ian black was for us. 

Not the greatest player to ever wear our shirt, but far from the worst either.

The bears love a whipping boy and at the moment Hallidays het, six weeks ago it was Barrie but a few have gone quiet since then . The criticism of Halliday is understandable, the abuse is not.

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

The bears love a whipping boy and at the moment Hallidays het, six weeks ago it was Barrie but a few have gone quiet since then . The criticism of Halliday is understandable, the abuse is not.

Just the facts.

McKay has talent and potential if he can up the consistency.

Halliday is of limited ability and no potential. A seriously weak link who should never be a starter.

27 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Just the facts.

McKay has talent and potential if he can up the consistency.

Halliday is of limited ability and no potential. A seriously weak link who should never be a starter.

They are opinions not facts, potential is an opinion. Thats nothing against Barrie but he has had consistency issues. I dont think Andy is  DM he's more a centre mid who likes to get forward.

Heres a clue to a fact. Which of them has scored a goal at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea?

Don't understand why Jordan Thompson wasn't given a chance in that role. 

Rangers "die hards" don't spend the majority of the game on the floor with his hand in the air like their leg has been broken. Granted some tackles might hurt a little but ffs man up and get on with it. Half the time he gets up hobbles for 30 seconds then gets the ball and starts playing again. 

Motherwell at Ibrox he just walked about the park holding his shoulder for a couple of minutes. That is pathetic.

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

What abuse? People call him shit because he's shit. It's hardly as if anyone's calling him a prick.

11 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

"IF" he got injured, he gets injured every fucking time he plays, fucking drama queen.

Every game he goes down at least once and starts slapping the ground as if he's badly hurt only for him to be up and running a few minutes later. His antics wouldn't be out of place in the wrestling thread.

7 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

All the criticism of Halliday makes me think some folk have forgotten how bad ian black was for us. 

Not the greatest player to ever wear our shirt, but far from the worst either.

Ian Black put in some good performances for Hearts while he was with them in the top-tier.  Ian Black even had a Scotland call up.  Is Andy Halliday a better player than him?  Andy was suspect in the Championship.

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

What abuse? People call him shit because he's shit. It's hardly as if anyone's calling him a prick.

Pretty sure Andy would find it abusive if a fan said to his face he was "lazy" and lacked "desire" or that he was "a fucking drama queen " or how about "the tea lady would give it a better go " or that he'd "thrown in the towel " during Saturdays first half.

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

Halliday & Holt are poor and not cutting it in the 'big' league.

I would play Torral defensively with   Captain America and big Joshua in midfield.

Holt & Halliday for back up only

Who plays DM then? Because none of the above can

45 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Pretty sure Andy would find it abusive if a fan said to his face he was "lazy" and lacked "desire" or that he was "a fucking drama queen " or how about "the tea lady would give it a better go " or that he'd "thrown in the towel " during Saturdays first half.

Well he's a wee woman then.

Can add that in to the appalling abuse that he may never get over.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Ian Black put in some good performances for Hearts while he was with them in the top-tier.  Ian Black even had a Scotland call up.  Is Andy Halliday a better player than him?  Andy was suspect in the Championship.

Ian black did put in some good performances for hearts.  Andy halliday has put in some good performances for us. 

For us ian black was torture,  even in the third division. Those worldy passes were awful. 

Andy halliday whilst being limited,  has contributed to us getting to where we are. In my opinion is a good option to have in the squad. 

I do think to see us improve he isnt the answer as a first pick. He doesnt have that extra quality. 

That being said i dont dread seeing his name on the teamsheet, he's not that bad. 

He's done a better job there this season than joey barton and he's back in the epl. 

Maybe the same question should be asked about who gets the goals if Miller becomes injured.    We have a stack of forward players who are not yet delivering enough goals and a ton of reliance on 37yr old Miller to come to the goal scoring rescue.   Losing Miller might be way more fundamental to the outcome this season than losing Halliday.

3 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Ian black did put in some good performances for hearts.  Andy halliday has put in some good performances for us. 

For us ian black was torture,  even in the third division. Those worldy passes were awful. 

Andy halliday whilst being limited,  has contributed to us getting to where we are. In my opinion is a good option to have in the squad. 

I do think to see us improve he isnt the answer as a first pick. He doesnt have that extra quality. 

That being said i dont dread seeing his name on the teamsheet, he's not that bad. 

He's done a better job there this season than joey barton and he's back in the epl. 

Wasn't Ian Black nominated for POTY when he was at Hearts?  Andy Halliday has been no where near that level for us.  I doubt Andy will ever be good enough to make that kind of contribution over the course of a season.

Also, Joey Barton had 5 games for us when he was unfit and still adjusting to Scottish football so it's not fair to judge him on those performances.  I would also add that Andy played in every game Joey did and was equally as shite if not worse.

Don't know why the manager is so stringent on this 4-3-3 nonsense. We do not have the players to play this formation at all so folk like Halliday are playing way out of position. For the player we have 5-3-2 would be much better and have no need for this holding midfielder that we don't have.