Young Bob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, gogzy said:

hodson into right back, tavernier into defensive mid ( iirc he had a couple of really good games in there) and push our new boys further up the park.

Not convinced Halliday should even be our 1st choice, I also think that Rossiter is our long term plan in that position, but he seems to be made of glass.

Agree, how he has survived being cut is beyond me. Boy needs a fire lit under his arse, bear or no bear. Gives the ball away more than anyone and tracks back with a casual jog. No urgency and spends most his time on the deck appealing for free kicks when we're being countered. Fucking does my head in.

Danny Wilson would probably be the best option for CDM we have got at present.

He's actually a good passer of the ball, especially long range. Positionally he's alright, he's not going to go forward and get caught out of position. Plus it gives us another threat at set pieces...

22 hours ago, Young Bob said:

Bringing in a new keeper to replace Gilks got me wondering about defensive midfield. If Halliday got injured tomorrow who replaces him? I know some will say we would perform better with 10 men but ....

No one, he'd still get picked.

Tbf I reckon any of our other midfielders could easily fill the role as well as halliday, halliday is only there by default - he's not actually good enough to play his own position so he's covering for an injury (and that walloper Barton)

The worry isn't that we don't have cover for halliday, it's that we don't have a good defensive mid fit enough to play... It's a problem position with the system and has been from the outset, only addressed in the last window, but unfortunately hasn't worked out, and left again this window