Warburton is a balloon

BertContraband

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Obviously none of us know what goes on in that changing room and analysis room, but we have to assume that Warburton and Weir never give out the hairdryer treatment.  Certainly the players aren't afraid of what they'll face after full time, as they wouldn't keep producing dire performances week after week.

It continues to amaze me that we have Davie Weir on our coaching staff yet our defence is still amateur level at best.  How can he be satisfied at what he's watching?  Disgraceful.

I think it's probably more than just a lack of the 'hairdryer treatment, that the players are now completely used to their repeated failings being excused time after time. They get a tiny bit more sympathy from me given that so many are asked to do things beyond their talents.

As for Weir, I fear his standing at the club and with the fans because of his playing feats make for false optimism. See Sheffield United.

9 hours ago, Amato said:

We can't afford his wage on top of a new managers. Presumably the new manager will want his own assistant brought in too, possibly coaches. Never happening 

It's not unrealistic. You pay him till he takes another job. It spreads the cost and he may find another job in weeks then you stop paying him.