*** The Official Rangers V Ross County Match Thread ***

ForeverAndEver

Back to 352

Wes

Hill        Wilson     Senderos

hodson                                      Wallace

Forrester hyndman mckay

Dodoo   Miller

Senderos can't be worse than Kiernan has been recently. Halliday shouldn't even be on the bench. Something has to change. 

If he doesn't drop Halliday and Kiernan then he has officially chucked it. You can't continually pick players that are at fault for cheap goals and costing us points. It sends the wrong message out to the guys waiting to come in and offer something different (and better).

I still can't understand why he brought Hyndman off after 60 mins last night. He looked fresh, was all over the pitch offering creativity and getting stuck in as well defensively. The age comment is such a cop out. 

32 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Back to 352

Wes

Forrester hyndman mckay

Dodoo   Miller

Senderos can't be worse than Kiernan has been recently. Halliday shouldn't even be on the bench. Something has to change. 

Put a very similar team in another thread. 

37 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Back to 352

Wes

Forrester hyndman mckay

Dodoo   Miller

Our best football this season has been played when we went to 3-5-2

Fod

Senderos   Hill    Wilson

Tav                                                 Wallace

Hyndman        Holt

Forrester

McKay       Miller

I honestly don't know anymore! Overall I actually think Tav has been decent the past few games, certainly the 2nd 45 against motherwell offensively and the 1st 45 last night defensively. I'd start with him.

I'd also drop Halliday but is there even any point in discussing that. He'll surely start again. Same with Kiernan.

If Wilson is fit he must start. If not, at Ibrox why not just give the boy Bates a shot. By all accounts he's not set the world alight for the youth team but maybe, Ibrox, first team, the occasion etc may bring the best out in him. Some players struggle at youth level and go onto have good pro careers and some youths have great youth careers but struggle with the step up. Physically he looks capable and surely can't be any worse than Kiernan!

As sick as I'm feeling, I'll find the energy to bring myself through for the game as I always do.

I can't be arsed predicting a team or a scoreline.  I can't really be arsed with this season anymore in all honesty.

Warburton getting his P45 before Saturday would cheer me up significantly but we all know there's zero chance of that happening.

Last night was the first game this season I felt confident we would win, but what the fuck do I know, the very fact that Warburton put the needs of Bournemouth before The Rangers speaks volumes. We are bereft of leaders off and on the park. So as far as the Ross County game is concerned it's just more of the same roller coaster!

image.gif

We really need to stop playing a DM because the guy being picked isn't doing anything a DM is supposed to.

Just stick a capable midfielder that can do anything. Tell the defence to stay as a back 4. Less attacking from the full backs and let the midfield & forward attack.

The team isn't capable of doing what it's supposed to so it needs to go back to basics.

Wes

Hodson       Sendintheman         Hill         Aidan Wilson (20's)  

Windass         Holt         Hyndman

Forrester                                                             Mckay 

Miller

that team = 3 - 0 Gers

23 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Hill Wallace 

Hyndman Halliday Holt

Windass Miller Mckay

Will be something like that no doubt. There's no way Tavernier, Kiernan or Halliday will be dropped.

In his defence Tavernier was no where near our worst player last night, yes he's had a poor season but last night he wasn't at obvious fault and did put in a good few tackles to prevent it becoming more embarrassing. Also his delivery led to a goal, against Motherwell he did well so I won't lose sleep over him starting again on Saturday.

I do think though he will 100% drop Kiernan this time, he has to do it after his mistakes this time especially when the first goal was essentially a carbon copy of Motherwell's goal 2 weeks ago.

The biggest IF is Halliday who was awful last night, clearly at fault for the 2nd goal and has been a liability for months now. The problem is he'll need to change his formation unless he can find someone else he fancies shoehorning in as CDM. Our two signings for that role are either released or missing.

My team (which I would doubt anyone will agree with)

GK: Wes

RB: Tav 

CB: Senderos

CB: Hill

LB: Wallace

RM: Dodoo (if fit)

CM: Toral

CM: Hyndman

CM: Forrester

LM: McKay

CF: Miller

I'm assuming Wilson isn't fit otherwise I may have changed the defence further and I've got no reason to think Dodoo isn't fit currently based on what MW has said.

Forget this holding Midfield position and simply ask our midfield to support both attack and defence where posible by going box to box.  Forrester doesn't shy away from challenges and Toral while he hasn't set the heather alight at least looks to be a calming influence on the ball.

1 minute ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

In his defence Tavernier was no where near our worst player last night, yes he's had a poor season but last night he wasn't at obvious fault and did put in a good few tackles to prevent it becoming more embarrassing. Also his delivery led to a goal, against Motherwell he did well so I won't lose sleep over him starting again on Saturday.

I do think though he will 100% drop Kiernan this time, he has to do it after his mistakes this time especially when the first goal was essentially a carbon copy of Motherwell's goal 2 weeks ago.

The biggest IF is Halliday who was awful last night, clearly at fault for the 2nd goal and has been a liability for months now. The problem is he'll need to change his formation unless he can find someone else he fancies shoehorning in as CDM. Our two signings for that role are either released or missing.

My team (which I would doubt anyone will agree with)

GK: Wes

RB: Tav 

CB: Senderos

CB: Hill

LB: Wallace

RM: Dodoo (if fit)

CM: Toral

CM: Hyndman

CM: Forrester

LM: McKay

CF: Miller

I'm assuming Wilson isn't fit otherwise I may have changed the defence further and I've got no reason to think Dodoo isn't fit currently based on what MW has said.

Forget this holding Midfield position and simply ask our midfield to support both attack and defence where posible by going box to box.  Forrester doesn't shy away from challenges and Toral while he hasn't set the heather alight at least looks to be a calming influence on the ball.

His attitude stinks though. He's visibly chucked it on multiple occasions this season and last night was no different. Not the only one right enough but with him its always blatantly obvious he has.