*** The Official Rangers V Ross County Match Thread ***

ForeverAndEver

I've said before about trying Wilson in front of our cb's. Give forrester a run and for the usual 60min sub get Dodoo on. There's 2 players with a point to prove. 

Fod 

Hodson.    Kiernan.  Hill.     Wallace

hyndman.     Wilson.     Toral.  

Forrester.  Miller.  McKay 

What if we did a three at the back, the kind of thing Spurs do slightly :then Wilson could alternate between CDM and CB?   Drop Tavernier, bring in Holt, to play alongside Hyndman, and Toral. There could be a back three when we are in possession, Wilson, Kiernan, Hill, and then one of the CB's becomes a right back when we are defending with Holt covering them?

13 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think I'd see the point in the same forward line starting, but Dodoo has to come on at some point. I'd rather he started, but it's not as if he has played much of late.

Waghorn should never be starting, first touch is fucking woeful.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Waghorn should never be starting, first touch is fucking woeful.

I thought he was a bit better in the first half the other night, but I agree about his touch, and not just about his first touch, but his finishing is woeful as well. He had two chances against Motherwell that had he had more determination he would have scored them.. I'd personally rather we gave Dodoo a run in the team, and it still baffles me that he hasn't been on more. I'm not saying he is a certainty to deliver, but how will we ever know? In Novermber he scored two excellent goals, and then had a disputable disallowed goal that wasn't bad either. He deserves a better opportunity that he is getting, in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think I'd see the point in the same forward line starting, but Dodoo has to come on at some point. I'd rather he started, but it's not as if he has played much of late.

Think he's pish mate... saying that most of our current players are. Would not be starting Dodoo...

3 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Think he's pish mate... saying that most of our current players are. Would not be starting Dodoo...

Those two goals in November were not the goals of a bad player. He would in all likelihood have scored on Hognanay had Forrester put him through as well, he did the hard part, he got himself in the position to score. This guy is overlooked and looked on as a bad player wrongly in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I thought he was a bit better in the first half the other night, but I agree about his touch, and not just about his first touch, but his finishing is woeful as well. He had two chances against Motherwell that had he had more determination he would have scored them.. I'd personally rather we gave Dodoo a run in the team, and it still baffles me that he hasn't been on more. I'm not saying he is a certainty to deliver, but how will we ever know? In Novermber he scored two excellent goals, and then had a disputable disallowed goal that wasn't bad either. He deserves a better opportunity that he is getting, in my opinion.

Waghorn needs a goal fucking desperately. His confidence is shot to shit and in that mode, he's like a man down. 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I thought he was a bit better in the first half the other night, but I agree about his touch, and not just about his first touch, but the finishing is woeful as well. He had two chances against Motherwell that had he had more determination he would have scored them.. I'd personally rather we gave Dodoo a run in the team, and it still baffles me that he hasn't been on more. I'm not saying he is a certainty to deliver, but how will we ever know? In Novermber he scored two excellent goals, and then had a disputable disallowed goal that wasn't bad either. He deserves a better opportunity that he is getting, in my opinion.

It speaks to the seemingly chaotic way in which the squad has been built. So many strikers for essentially one position, the rest taking turns to  play wider in roles they clearly can't do.

I suspect Dodoo will play tomorrow, if only for being next in line for the one area of the team that MW doesn't appear to have a phobia for changing. Unfortunately he'll again be handicapped by being asked to do something that doesn't play to his strengths.

5 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

I don't think he's pish but I wouldn't start him either. We don't play to his strengths much. I'd prefer to bring him on later and let him run at defenders and pull into the channels. 

Just now, JR said:

Waghorn needs a goal fucking desperately. His confidence is shot to shit and in that mode, he's like a man down. 

I sensed not long after that injury that his confidence had gone, and I would put it down to the nature of the injury; a hamstring injury does have that effect on a player, where they don't trust themselves fully for while when going on a run etc. I think he has found it hard to get back into things. It's ironic that someone rightly points out his poor first touch, because that was the best part of his game last season. He is a very talented footballer, when he is at his best you appreciate that easily, but it might be a matter of getting a goal.

2 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

It speaks to the seemingly chaotic way in which the squad has been built. So many strikers for essentially one position, the rest taking turns to  play wider in roles they clearly can't do.

I suspect Dodoo will play tomorrow, if only for being next in line for the one area of the team that MW doesn't appear to have a phobia for changing. Unfortunately he'll again be handicapped by being asked to do something that doesn't play to his strengths.

I'd put him through the middle, and keep him there; let him play off Kenny- he scored that second goal against Partick Thistle with a ball from Miller. I see a talented player there- the first goal was on a half volley, and he managed to place it between the GK and the post, and the second he found the net through a crowded box by curling it round the GK. That alone should have seen him an automatic choice for a while,