Liam Burt

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

His passing ability and control mean we should play him totally out of position? 

Dropping Halliday all together dont need def med who lets every other team away from home run the show against us,liam burt would create and help keep possession would offer a lot more to team than andy fuckin halliday.

3 minutes ago, craigyrfc11 said:

Dropping Halliday all together dont need def med who lets every other team away from home run the show against us,liam burt would create and help keep possession would offer a lot more to team than andy fuckin halliday.

Well no because we'd have three wingers or 3 attacking midfielders on the pitch so it just leaves even bigger gaps at the back. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well no because we'd have three wingers or 3 attacking midfielders on the pitch so it just leaves even bigger gaps at the back. 

Halliday offers no protection for our back 4 from what I've seen,dont think theirs someone in development squad  whos suited to play that role in team thats ready to step up so was only reason for suggesting Burt as i like him a lot. I can see your point It was position should have been addressed in January window.

Realistically it's going to be Halliday or Rossiter for the rest of the season, assuming Rossiter gets fit at some point. Otherwise it's Halliday or Halliday.

Wilson, Burt and Gilmour can't and won't be played at DM as one is too young to play anyway, one is too inexperienced and isn't a DM and the third is an average defender who'd be a shite DM. Wilson doesn't have the composure to play there and would be a worse option than Halliday as impossible as that sounds.

There could maybe be a case for Hyndman playing there as although he doesn't fly into tackles the way we want a DM to, he's certainly very calm in possession and keeps the ball well however playing him there would take all the goal threat out of the midfield leaving us with an entirely different problem.

So unfortunately it's Halliday until Rossiter is fit.

4 hours ago, lazza1873 said:

I'd give Danny Wilson a run at DM, has good range of passing and will actually put a challenge in.

I know it's totally out of position but MW has left us no choice with letting Crooks go out and not providing cover.

Shambles.

Couldn't be any worse than what we currently have.  

4 hours ago, lazza1873 said:

I'd give Danny Wilson a run at DM, has good range of passing and will actually put a challenge in.

I know it's totally out of position but MW has left us no choice with letting Crooks go out and not providing cover.

Shambles.

Sure Walter used to do that sometimes with centre half's,have them sitting in the DM position

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Couldn't be any worse than what we currently have.  

I think you'd be unpleasantly surprised!

Consider the amount of times Wilson dallies on the ball at the back under no pressure only to give it away! now put that same guy in the midfield with little to no time, getting the ball with his back to play and having to turn, keep calm and pick out a team mate all while thinking about his next move to potentially receive the ball back. I can assure you we'd all be screaming for Halliday to be back in there. Danny Wilson anywhere near the midfield is not the answer!! 

51 minutes ago, Cobham said:

I think you'd be unpleasantly surprised!

Consider the amount of times Wilson dallies on the ball at the back under no pressure only to give it away! now put that same guy in the midfield with little to no time, getting the ball with his back to play and having to turn, keep calm and pick out a team mate all while thinking about his next move to potentially receive the ball back. I can assure you we'd all be screaming for Halliday to be back in there. Danny Wilson anywhere near the midfield is not the answer!!

He can pass better than the current option, he can actually control the ball, he can tackle without the need to slap the ground.  Might not be the answer but with the limited options and the transfer window shut I am happy to try anything.  

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He can pass better than the current option, he can actually control the ball, he can tackle without the need to slap the ground.  Might not be the answer but with the limited options and the transfer window shut I am happy to try anything.  

He honestly can't pass better than the current option. Yes, given 10 seconds he occasionally picks out a 30/40 yard cross pitch pass but he's awful under pressure, his first touch and control are no where near good enough for midfield either. Granted he can tackle better than Halliday but the number of times he would get caught out would be far worse than the occasional good tackle he would make.