press conference warburton

KingKirk

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a shame because Warburton does come across as a genuine guy with a good bit of kindness about him.

However that just doesn't fly at Rangers, if you're a nice guy in addition to being a great manager then it's a bonus. But being a great manager is the utmost priority. Furthermore Rangers isn't you're wigan or brentford or anything like that. You're managing a historical club that demands excellence and if you don't have that then you will be found out very quickly and as he's no doubt experiencing, feel the stress from a demanding job.

You can't come into Rangers and say "2nd will be alright", first is the goal and if Warburton and the squad doesn't recognise that then none of them are Rangers quality.

I have a suspicion lads like Miller, Hill and to an extent Halliday will understand that but the first 2 are aging and the latter is shit. Outside of them, who in the club has actually been in a club that demands that kind of quality? It's first or nothing with Rangers fc

15 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

When asked about not winning any big away game 

"I don't see it as a big problem". Someone needs to send him packing

You honestly think he really thinks it is not a problem? Did you think he said to the players it wasn't problem, do you think he finished the match and went home oblivious of what this defeat meant?  Saying these things to the media is one thing, I trust that he knows this team has problems. He has players not good enough, if we know this then maybe we may assume that he knows it; but what does he do about that? Just let's, for talking sake, you have been given the options in the last Window, with little money etc, what would you have done; who would you have recruited, bearing in mind those players would have to be BETTER than what we have right now?

Got 1 minute in and turned it off. How he compares away results against lower opposition with those of our immediate competition done my tits in? Answer this question properly please. It doesn't matter beating teams from the bottom half if we can't manage it against the teams around us. We are not and never should be a bottom half team, so don't set our standards at that level. Arrogance? Probably, but we're Rangers with a lot to be arrogant about. That is not something to be embarrassed about, last night's performance was.

1 minute ago, piperpete said:

Looks like he needs a few days away from football, hopefully he goes away for a few day after Saturday with his family and comes back fresh as he looks awful.

Wit?

Fuck off seriously.

It's us who need a holiday watching the shite he serves up, aye give him a jolly with his family after subjecting us to shite!

Everybody has a bad day at the office but to continually have a bad day at the office, making the same mistakes over and over and coming out with the same shitty excuses every time would see you reprimanded by the boss and eventually sacked. He says it like it's a one off ffs.  To not think it's a problem losing every big away match against the team's closest to us in the league is a fucking insult to every Rangers supporter who travels and pays good money to watch that shite. 

Every time he opens his mouth he makes me feel worse. Jog on Mark your time here time is up. 

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You honestly think he really thinks it is not a problem? Did you think he said to the players it wasn't problem, do you think he finished the match and went home oblivious of what this defeat meant?  Saying these things to the media is one thing, I trust that he knows this team has problems. He has players not good enough, if we know this then maybe we may assume that he knows it; but what does he do about that? Just let's, for talking sake, you have been given the options in the last Window, with little money etc, what would you have done; who would you have recruited, bearing in mind those players would have to be BETTER than what we have right now?

If my boss was hamstringing me from doing my job properly then I would quit to protect my own reputation and because of my own personal integrity 

As a former business analyst, he should know the dangers of rationalising away poor performance.

Saying that we are sitting second in the table does not in itself say much about where we will be going forward.It would appear that he is happy to take defeats away from home against the bigger teams if we win against the diddy teams. That is a mediocre philosophy to adopt and a dangerous one because that ethos will be felt within the team.

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

If my boss was hamstringing me from doing my job properly then I would quit to protect my own reputation and because of my own personal integrity 

Or you might see that this is a process, and you may have expected these problems along the road, Is that possible?

He is starting to get annoyed because the questions now are getting to the heart of his incompetence and tactics. We cant defend, we cant win away from home - this is down to who he plays and how he sets his team up and its obvious now.

Also this "its the same 3 points" well literally it is - but some games are more important than others - any away win against cellic is priceless in the league for example. 

He doesnt get it. he never will and us winning our next few home game wont change that