press conference warburton

KingKirk

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Yep its the same attitude the likes of Killie and Ross county will have against the so called bigger teams (like us) "if we get a result away its a bonus".  He just hasn't grasped the must win mentality we have,and what drives us as fans. I want to see Celtic get fucked in testimonials never mind in the league,but he is looking at it that if we beat the bottom 6 teams away,and win most of our home games,then we should come good. It's not a great ethos alright and it looked like the players accepted defeat last night. Fuck the scoreline,it was the way we gave up

Good post mate, Mark does not understand what Rangers is about IMO. I assume D W has tried to tell him but it has not been taken on board. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You have no basis for believing that, genuinely or otherwise. He said that he didn't think there was a distinctive issue with playing big matches in the team, and he cited the Aberdeen game and a few other to illustrate an example of that. What he didn't do is deny that the away results against those teams was okay, or that we didn't need to do better.

Excuse me? No basis?  Our embarrassing away form and sheer reluctance from our manager to change his approach to these games is my basis. 18 months and not a stroke has changed when it comes to playing away from home. Surely to fuck you see where I'm coming from?

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

jobs to big for him not slept much it looks like

burst couch

dont want to sound harsh but i hope he fucking wakes up and fucks off. either that or hopefully the absent one makes an appearance from his billionaire mansion in south africa and ponies up the necessary funds to see this cunt off pronto. 

neither of the above will happen. he will be here for the long term. fucking depressing. 

13 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Excuse me? No basis?  Our embarrassing away form and sheer reluctance from our manager to change his approach to these games is my basis. 18 months and not a stroke has changed when it comes to playing away from home. Surely to fuck you see where I'm coming from?

But that doesn't prove he is happy with it. I have my criticisms of Warburton; my position is that I back him still but I have three main cirticisms at the moment.

1 .Emerson Hyndman should have stayed on- he was our best player, and if we were going to get back into the game the task became ten times more difficult with him off the park.

2. Joe Dodoo proved that he has what it takes to score goals- he scored two goals in November, those two goals were excellent, and he had an off-side in another match that had it been allowed would have been regarded as a good goal. Since then he has hardly played, and when he did play, on Hogmanay, could have scored had the ball been played to him. Put it this way, he hasn't done anything to suggest he can't play.

3. The System. I think the manager is being naive if he thinks the same system can be played hone and away. The best away performance I can remember, ironically we lost, was against Hibs last season, where he used Dom Ball as a slightly CDM/CB role. I think he should look at changing how we play according to the matches we play, being a little "pragmatic" as one of the Press suggested today.

2 hours ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

He's a broken man. i can't even bring myself to watch this will go into full rage mode. 

Not so sure mate . He seemed to have some reinforced stubbornness about him in this interview .

I dislike him more every day though but I think he knows .He is going nowhere soon . No matter how bad we see it

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I think the guy had a plan, but that plan can only be executed with good quality players. He has not been and never will be given the funds for good quality players so his tactics look shit. Frankly they are shit because they should be used to the player's strengths.

Now his big plan on how football should be played is in tatters, he has no way out unless we grow our own very talented players - how long is that going to take?!?!? - and he doesn't know where to go other than not to change his plan.

I cannot hate the guy, he's too genuine and nice, but one person he should be talking to is Walter Smith. I'm sure he would learn a lot even spending a few hours with him.

:tu:

I see a man who is deeply, deeply disappointed with his team of players ..... yet still backs them up as a team publicly, as he has no other choice but to do so .... that is the correct practice after all, and he deserves no criticism for that ..... it's when he hides the frailties and inadequacies of the individuals who continue to cause mayhem and not drop them that he fails ...... this I believe is his biggest flaw.

Loyalty to your group of players is all fine and well .... but there has to be a dividing line, a cut off point where the manager stops being loyal to the players who are not showing respect for the faith shown in them, and fail to carry out basic instructions ..... continually .....

....... and if the manager is not prepared to change his formation or style of play .... and it is down to players not up to the required standards .... he must be prepared to at least drop them and give another in the squad a chance .... or the problem will never be rectified.

I would also recommend he speak to WS, and believe it would do a power of good .... especially on the motivational side which is definitely lacking far to often for a Rangers team.

:UK:

16 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Of course, but which comments?

First of all I would like to say I like M W as a person and had hoped he would be a success managing our team, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that he is has not got the skills for that to happen.

I have no intention of looking back to find all the quotes but from today, "a bad day at the office" after the 5 - 1 loss to selick " no one died".

Now we know no one died, but losing a game to them is bad enough (5-1 is hellish) but then to have to listen to that from your manager is not what you expect, but he obviously thought that was OK and for me he does not really get it.

I know you do not agree with my opinion which is fine, this is a football forum for different opinions and I do not expect you to change your mind and I certainly will not be changing mine. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

First of all I would like to say I like M W as a person and had hoped he would be a success managing our team, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that he is has not got the skills for that to happen.

I have no intention of looking back to find all the quotes but from today, "a bad day at the office" after the 5 - 1 loss to selick " no one died".

Now we know no one died, but losing a game to them is bad enough (5-1 is hellish) but then to have to listen to that from your manager is not what you expect, but he obviously thought that was OK and for me he does not really get it.

I know you do not agree with my opinion which is fine, this is a football forum for different opinions and I do not expect you to change your mind and I certainly will not be changing mine. 

What I'm trying to say is that I don't a great deal of currency to his soundbites. Every manager must struggle to come up with something new, whilst trying to say the proper thing that doesn't end up being made an issue of. That's all my point is. I reckon he gets what it is to be Rangers manager very well,

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What I'm trying to say is that I don't a great deal of currency to his soundbites. Every manager must struggle to come up with something new, whilst trying to say the proper thing that doesn't end up being made an issue of. That's all my point is. I reckon he gets what it is to be Rangers manager very well,

No problem with that, I just do not think he does get it. :happy:

What I do know is you and I just want a good Rangers team on the pitch and however that is done is certainly up for debate. :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

He talks about the Aberdeen loss like a badge of honour . It's like his get out for all the other shameful away performances over last 18months .

" We played well in that one and should have won " he says

Well all I remember that day ,is thinking how angry I was that we could be so clearly on top of the sheep  and still coming up short like a team of pussies .

He is a loser and a Manager that will never win any trophies as long as he is Manager of our club .

His attitude manifests itself into the players he picks ,no matter how bad their form is .

I have been a fan for well over 50 years and I am as disappointed as anyone regarding last night and some of the other "performances", but I SHALL NOT and NEVER WILL call the current Rangers Manager any of the names being used by some on here.

You should be ashamed of yourself but I know you won't be because you are not capable of feelings which are not either Yafuckinhoo or Gethecunttofuck. 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He talks about the Aberdeen loss like a badge of honour . It's like his get out for all the other shameful away performances over last 18months .

" We played well in that one and should have won " he says

Well all I remember that day ,is thinking how angry I was that we could be so clearly on top of the sheep  and still coming up short like a team of pussies .

He is a loser and a Manager that will never win any trophies as long as he is Manager of our club .

His attitude manifests itself into the players he picks ,no matter how bad their form is .

Has it ever been done where a manager has come to a club, sought to transform the whole ethos of that cluib's style of play; had immediate failure; continued on that road', and had success? I know the answer to this, but do you? When you call Warburton a 'loser', do you believe that there is a template for failure that has been universal in the game, in the history of the game, and that, for sure, there is no way success will come, ever?

We need to take these press interviews with a pinch of salt, especially when things are not going well. He's not going to give these vultures information or opinions to attack the club or the players and, as they do, sensationalise everything out of proportion.  For us fans, they provide little insight but that's the way it is and should be where the media is concerned.

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Has it ever been done where a manager has come to a club, sought to transform the whole ethos of that cluib's style of play, had immediate failure, continued on that road, and had success? I know the answer to this, but do you? When you call Warburton a 'loser', do you believe that there is a template for failure that has been universal in the game, in the history of the game, and that, for sure, there is no way success will come, ever?

It's just my gut feeling .And my eyes for what I see on the park .To be fair .He was successful .We won the championship even if we lost all the bigger games bar a couple .

He just never come across as a winner .

Tactically, there are too many fuck ups to mention .

The 2 that stand out for me .

When we were 3-1 at scumdome and he takes off defender and puts on a midfielder .

I just walked out with anger saying to anyone that would listen . There is your 5-1 thrashing

The second was the League cup semi . Half time .We kept ourselves in the game.

Second half . Rodgers immediately puts Armstrong into more forward role and they find the spaces on the wings ripping us apart .

It was so fucking obvious .A blind man could see .Not our manager

We don't match up and initiative is completely lost .

These are few morsels of what I see in our  Manager and they confirm to me .He is a loser and he won't change

32 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

But that doesn't prove he is happy with it. I have my criticisms of Warburton; my position is that I back him still but I have three main cirticisms at the moment.

1 .Emerson Hyndman should have stayed on- he was our best player, and if we were going to get back into the game the task became ten times more difficult with him off the park.

2. Joe Dodoo proved that he has what it takes to score goals- he scored two goals in November, those two goals were excellent, and he had an off-side in another match that had it been allowed would have been regarded as a good goal. Since then he has hardly played, and when he did play, on Hogmanay, could have scored had the ball been played to him. Put it this way, he hasn't done anything to suggest he can't play.

3. The System. I think the manager is being naive if he thinks the same system can be played hone and away. The best away performance I can remember, ironically we lost, was against Hibs last season, where he used Dom Ball as a slightly CDM/CB role. I think he should look at changing how we play according to the matches we play, being a little "pragmatic" as one of the Press suggested today.

Buddy (you may or may not recall) on the back of various other defeats we have found some common ground in our views including around MW.  For me though we have reached the point of indefensible. Despite the criticism that comes with this opinion I do believe there is a bigger picture to be considered just now however none of that (whether you accept the mitigating circumstance or not) allows for the repetitive mistakes he makes. Rob Kiernan is hopeless. Andy Halliday cannot play where he is being asked. We all knew that before kick off last night as it's been laid out in front of us for a year, yet once again that's what we go with and between the two of them gift 3 goals.  Don't even start me on taking Hyndman off, how can you take off the only one worthy of staying on?

It's either naivety, stupidity or stubbornness - regardless it's not good enough,

1 minute ago, markem said:

Buddy (you may or may not recall) on the back of various other defeats we have found some common ground in our views including around MW.  For me though we have reached the point of indefensible. Despite the criticism that comes with this opinion I do believe there is a bigger picture to be considered just now however none of that (whether you accept the mitigating circumstance or not) allows for the repetitive mistakes he makes. Rob Kiernan is hopeless. Andy Halliday cannot play where he is being asked. We all knew that before kick off last night as it's been laid out in front of us for a year, yet once again that's what we go with and between the two of them gift 3 goals.  Don't even start me on taking Hyndman off, how can you take off the only one worthy of staying on?

It's either naivety, stupidity or stubbornness - regardless it's not good enough,

I can't defend Warburton against any of that; it's reasonable, and you make very valid points. I just think his "loyalty" to certain players is more out of necessity, at least I hope it is. 

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

He is starting to get annoyed because the questions now are getting to the heart of his incompetence and tactics. We cant defend, we cant win away from home - this is down to who he plays and how he sets his team up and its obvious now.

Also this "its the same 3 points" well literally it is - but some games are more important than others - any away win against cellic is priceless in the league for example. 

He doesnt get it. he never will and us winning our next few home game wont change that

Hello Mr Warburton?

Six-pointer

"Six-pointer" is a sporting cliché, particularly used in association football, used to describe a game between two teams with similar league positions, in leagues that employ a "three points for a win" system. In a "two points for a win" league, the corresponding term is "four-pointer". In a six-pointer game, the result is particularly crucial since the winning team denies three points to the close rival in addition to securing three points for itself.[1]

The term is normally reserved for the latter part of the season, when the league standings approach the ranking they will have at the end of the season. Therefore the result of the game is likely to have a significant bearing on which of the two teams will eventually finish in the higher position. The term may be applied to a match either between two teams both chasing the championship or promotion, or else between two teams both near the bottom of the table — a "relegation six pointer".[2][3] The term may also be applied for teams chasing a playoff tournament position, as seen with teams in North America's Major League Soccer.

For example, suppose the standings before a match between Team A and Team B are as follows:

TeamPoints

Team A40

Team B38

If Team A wins the match, they will be five points ahead:

TeamPoints

Team A43

Team B38

If Team A loses the match, they will be one point behind:

TeamPoints

Team B41

Team A40

Thus, for Team A, the difference between winning and losing represents a six-point differential with respect to their rivals, Team B (five ahead versus one behind); even though it only represents a three-point differential with respect to all other teams in the league (43 points versus 40 points). A similar analysis to this match applies for Team B.

In Australia the term six pointer can also be used in association football to describe a poor shot at goal, where the ball goes between the posts but very high over the bar. It alludes to Australian rules football, where a goal (worth 6 points) is scored at any height between goalposts which have no crossbar.

ReferencesEdit

^ "Six-pointer". Collins dictionary. Retrieved 27 June 2016.