press conference warburton

KingKirk

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's just my gut feeling .And my eyes for what I see on the park .To be fair .He was successful .We won the championship even if we lost all the bigger games bar a couple .

He just never come across as a winner .

Tactically there are too many fuck ups to mention .

The 2 that stand out for me .

When we were 3-1 at scumdome and he takes off defender and puts on a midfielder .

I just walked out with anger saying to anyone that would listen . There is your 5-1 scalping .

The second was the League cup semi . Half time .We kept ourselves in the game.

Second half . Rodgers immediately puts Armstrong into more forward role and they find the spaces on the wings ripping us apart .

It was so fucking obvious .A blind man could see .Not our manager

We don't match up and initiative is completely lost .

These are few morsels of what I see as our Manager and they confirm to me .He is a loser

I think you hit something there, that he will not adapt within a game, and that does confuse me. I think we saw the same issue on Hogmanay where we were getting problems down the right and we should have contained that when they were on the break. Had we stopped that then we would have taken something from their strengths. I think Warburton's idea is "let the opposition worry about us" and I think he should have a look at that maybe changing.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think you hit something there, that he will not adapt within a game, and that does confuse me. I think we saw the same issue on Hogmanay where we were getting problems down the right and we should have contained that when they were on the break. Had we stopped that then we would have taken something from their strengths. I think Warburton's idea is "let them worry about us" and I think he should have a look at that maybe changing.

The main problem for me is it's a flawed philosophy.If you work on a basis of let them worry about us then you actually need to give them SOMETHING to worry about!

In far too many games team contain us without much difficulty then break like lightening causing all sorts of problems of their own.

MW cannot/will not learn to adapt to how games are going.Every team and every fan knows how we will play and sets up accordingly.The main difference is every other manager seems far more able to adapt to changing situations whilst we carry on with a same old same old approach.

God even our predictable substitutions are like for like.I have a lad sat a couple of seats away in the CD who can do a match commentary BEFORE the pass is played for sections of the game.If we can see it in the stands it much be piss easy for decent professional players to play against it.

That for me is why it's time for MW to go.He seems totally devoid of ideas,can't eradicate our constant mistakes and certainly can't instill any kind of fight or backbone into the team.

I don't agree with personal abuse as he conducts himself as befitting of a Rangers manager off the pitch.Unfortunately on the pitch where it really matters he is found wanting again and again and again.

If he doesn't go now it's only going to get worse and I canny take much more. I'm fed up of the tippy tappy fitba hardly creating fuckall at the end of it. I'm fed up of the players making school boy errors just about every game I'm fed up that there doesn't seem to be anyone in that team that gives a fuck apart fae Kenny Miller. We have showed no improvement in just under 2 years. His signings have been as bad as his tactics. I honestly can't come up wae 1 single compliment for him! All I want is to see my team improving going somewhere! That will never happen under him! Please just go we need a manager in that knows about fitba someone wae balls!

1 minute ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

The main problem for me is it's a flawed philosophy.If you work on a basis of let them worry about us then you actually need to give them SOMETHING to worry about!

In far too many games team contain us without much difficulty then break like lightening causing all sorts of problems of their own.

MW cannot/will not learn to adapt to how games are going.Every team and every fan knows how we will play and sets up accordingly.The main difference is every other manager seems far more able to adapt to changing situations whilst we carry on with a same old same old approach.

God even our predictable substitutions are like for like.I have a lad sat a couple of seats away in the CD who can do a match commentary BEFORE the pass is played for sections of the game.If we can see it in the stands it much be piss easy for decent professional players to play against it.

That for me is why it's time for MW to go.He seems totally devoid of ideas,can't eradicate our constant mistakes and certainly can't instill any kind of fight or backbone into the team.

I don't agree with personal abuse as he conducts himself as befitting of a Rangers manager off the pitch.Unfortunately on the pitch where it really matters he is found wanting again and again and again.

I thought as I wrote that post about how the opposition should worry about us when things like Halliday's stray passes are more likely give us something to worry about. With better players we could afford ourselves the luxury, and it's \an interesting observation that we do like for like subs; I never thought about it like that before, but in a way it makes sense that you don't see the opposing team change much to adapt to us. Maybe his fault is his loyalty to players. I admire it to a degree, because he will carry the can if it goes bad, but he can't continue doing that. The omission of Dodoo baffles me completely, because after those goals he scored, albeit against Partick Thistle, he should have been a certain starter in my opinion. You're right about how he conducts himself, and I agree fully. Listen, I will always defend Rangers managers, I am most probably wrong, I stuck by Ally, Walter, Le Guen, and Advocaat, so no-one should have any problem proving me wrong, I think I have enough self doubt to admit I am most likely wrong, but I still back Warburton. Whether he stays or goes I don't know; last night I became a little more persuaded he could go at the end of the season.

Of course MW is a thoroughly decent man but the way he was talking there you'd think we'd lost by only 2 goals not the 4-1 going on 5 or 6. Why dress it up Mark? He looks a bit rattled and hopefully this will result in a toe up the arse that many of our players need although that I know doesn't help his own tactical naivety. 

16 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Of course MW is a thoroughly decent man but the way he was talking there you'd think we'd lost by only 2 goals not the 4-1 going on 5 or 6. Why dress it up Mark? He looks a bit rattled and hopefully this will result in a toe up the arse that many of our players need although that I know doesn't help his own tactical naivety. 

Think you are right, it is needed, I wonder if its lacking tbh.  Sometimes its time to forget 'the group' and let the individual know its not good enough.  I strongly suspect its that that is lacking.

I can't bring myself to watch this.  Reading some of the posts like just 3 points, no issues with away form, etc...the penny just hasn't dropped about the standards expected at Rangers. If it hasn't dropped now then it never will, sadly. The failed experiment should be brought to an end as soon as possible. 

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I thought as I wrote that post about how the opposition should worry about us when things like Halliday's stray passes are more likely give us something to worry about. With better players we could afford ourselves the luxury, and it's \an interesting observation that we do like for like subs; I never thought about it like that before, but in a way it makes sense that you don't see the opposing team change much to adapt to us. Maybe his fault is his loyalty to players. I admire it to a degree, because he will carry the can if it goes bad, but he can't continue doing that. The omission of Dodoo baffles me completely, because after those goals he scored, albeit against Partick Thistle, he should have been a certain starter in my opinion. You're right about how he conducts himself, and I agree fully. Listen, I will always defend Rangers managers, I am most probably wrong, I stuck by Ally, Walter, Le Guen, and Advocaat, so no-one should have any problem proving me wrong, I think I have enough self doubt to admit I am most likely wrong, but I still back Warburton. Whether he stays or goes I don't know; last night I became a little more persuaded he could go at the end of the season.

As fans we all see things differently on occasions.I have no problem with other Bears who think he should have more time.Its everyone's right to their own opinions.As long as points are made in a constructive way I am happy to debate any issues with anyone.After all we all have the best interests of our club at heart?

Just now, OnwardsandUpwards said:

As fans we all see things differently on occasions.I have no problem with other Bears who think he should have more time.Its everyone's right to their own opinions.As long as points are made in a constructive way I am happy to debate any issues with anyone.After all we all have the best interests of our club at heart?

Exactly, and I hope that I don't make anyone's point invalid. I think I understand where we are all coming from- the last few years have asked a lot of all of us, as Rangers fans, and it has been a test. I only state an opinion, particularly about the manager, because I sincerely want what's best, and many posters, even those who disagree with me on this thread, want it just as much. 

When put on the spot and chased for an answer about the mentality needed for these games, his analysis was spot on. And I say this as someone who is very close to having had enough. 

We switch off and allow a cross in for goal 1, when we have 3 defenders across an 8 yard stretch. Correct. 

We have a terrible half hour but recover and should have gone in 2-1 but for a worldy save. Correct. 

We make a horrendous error on edge of box and fail to clatter their player to stop the bleeding. Goal 2. Correct. 

Goals change games and we didn't recover. Correct. 

What worries me is that there is a toxic mix amongst that analysis. A toxic mix of WHY we aren't switched on in a cauldron of a place to go. WHY there isn't a #stopthemscoringatallcosts mentality when we fuck up. WHY there is such a weak mental attitude to physical and blood and thunder pressure from opposition. WHY we capitulate so easily when put under pressure. WHY we don't have a Plan B when another team is flying full of confidence and pressing us everywhere. WHY we don't seem to understand that trying to play short and utilise space becomes a clusterfuck if we have to panic and clear lines because it leaves us wide open if we don't win first or second balls. And finally, WHY we haven't learned all of these things and rectified them given the number of times we have seen last night, away from home, on repeat. 

Hibs x3. Falkirk x2. Aberdeen (2nd half). Hearts x2 Celtic x2. Ross County x1. All games where a very deliberate, direct tactic designed to turn, pressure and negate any ability to play our way forward (and therefore killing any chance of plan A working) has worked with absolutely no tactical response from Warburton. 

You can't say we are learning if all available evidence suggests you aren't. 

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

He talks about the Aberdeen loss like a badge of honour . It's like his get out for all the other shameful away performances over last 18months .

" We played well in that one and should have won " he says

Well all I remember that day ,is thinking how angry I was that we could be so clearly on top of the sheep  and still coming up short like a team of pussies .

He is a loser and a Manager that will never win any trophies as long as he is Manager of our club .

His attitude manifests itself into the players he picks ,no matter how bad their form is .

I remember thinking this is the poorest Aberdeen team we have faced in many a year and we still could not win.

He simply doesnt have the mentality to be a Rangers manager.

I know this is cliche but imagine this team going into face Walter or Souness or any commanding manager.

Souness would have rightly punched fuck out of a few of them.

Even when i seen the subs coming on (Windass and Forrester) - we are a team of actual poofters with no fight whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think you hit something there, that he will not adapt within a game, and that does confuse me. I think we saw the same issue on Hogmanay where we were getting problems down the right and we should have contained that when they were on the break. Had we stopped that then we would have taken something from their strengths. I think Warburton's idea is "let the opposition worry about us" and I think he should have a look at that maybe changing.

It is pure arrogance. 

59 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

He simply doesnt have the mentality to be a Rangers manager.

I know this is cliche but imagine this team going into face Walter or Souness or any commanding manager.

Souness would have rightly punched fuck out of a few of them.

Even when i seen the subs coming on (Windass and Forrester) - we are a team of actual poofters with no fight whatsoever.

Heard big DJ talk about something similar on radio a few months back.

Apperntly MW goes into the dressing room and asks his players what to do next at half time rather than telling them what to do like a genuine manager should be doing. Warbs is the 2nd highest paid manager in the league but can't actually motivate a team to show a bit of fight when the chips are down.

2 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Heard big DJ talk about something similar on radio a few months back.

Apperntly MW goes into the dressing room and asks his players what to do next at half time rather than telling them what to do like a genuine manager should be doing. Warbs is the 2nd highest paid manager in the league but can't actually motivate a team to show a bit of fight when the chips are down.

Ah right, so when he is shouting instructions from the touchlines what he is really doing is asking the players what he should do; or maybe he is asking them if they should be subbed when he makes the subs? 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Ah right, so when he is shouting instructions from the touchlines what he is really doing is asking the players what he should do; or maybe he is asking them if they should be subbed when he makes the subs? 

That's not what I said is it?

Was simply quoting an ex player who probably knows far more about what goes on inside the dressing room than anyone on here.

Was speaking to a friend of one of the coaches today and his view is that only Miller gives his all in training. He doesn't agree with the 'training well' unless it means holiday camp.

From what I see on the pitch, I can believe it. Most of the players seem to decide fairly early on whether they feel like a game or not. Only Miller seems to fight for 90 mins (well Garner as well but he's injured).

1 minute ago, Albertz 78 said:

That's not what I said is it?

Was simply quoting an ex player who probably knows far more about what goes on inside the dressing room than anyone on here.

But you had him down rather passively asking the players what they should do. I read that differently, and in fact if you have academic students, or any team working on a project you will ask what their opinions are. You demeaned that with some archaic situation of the cliche coach going in and reading the riot-act. You suggest that he lacks motivational skills, purely because of that illustration, which Derek Johnstone, who i regard highly by the way, heard from someone else. I'd rather hear it from someone actually there. If that is Warburton's style then it worked well at Brentford, players of calbre who have gone on to better and higher things speak well of him; what is their opinion do you think? Not once have I heard that he lacks the ability to motivate.