Patience is a virtue BUT

Thermopylae

If the great unwashed don't change their manager and we don't change ours can anyone seriously see us closing the 25 point gap? The truth is we have made no progress in over a year now and I seriously doubt unless there is a change we ever will again. It was so obvious at the cup final that the defence was a problem and yet the manager has done bugger all about it and I for one have now run out of patience.

Its 25 points right now by the end of the season it could be 40 points unless something is done about the manager.

The signings last summer were the worst bunch I've ever seen the club sign while in the top league, I never thought I would see as bad a batch of players signed by the club that were worse than the ones PLG signed but somehow MW managed it.

22 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

Its 25 points right now by the end of the season it could be 40 points unless something is done about the manager.

The signings last summer were the worst bunch I've ever seen the club sign while in the top league, I never thought I would see as bad a batch of players signed by the club that were worse than the ones PLG signed but somehow MW managed it.

We are dead in the water so it's insane not to replace the manager especially as we have a money machine gathering pace at the other of the city. It's nothing personal I like the guy but the change has to be made and preferably to someone with more experience 

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You have clowns on here who have said they're happy with them getting 10IAR :lol: 

This is a test of strength are we now a club who are happy to fight it out with the dross while septic are streets ahead or do we still have the ambition of the Rangers? I know it will be a while before we can outspend septic but we at least have to spend enough and have a manager who's up to the job but unfortunately we have neither at the moment 

The truth is Celtic are closer to 55 than we are. The whole shape, image and face of Scottish football will change forever if we don't get our finger out soon. This boards legacy may well be making Celtic Scotland and the worlds most successful football club. That's how serious the current situation is. 

13 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

The truth is Celtic are closer to 55 than we are. The whole shape, image and face of Scottish football will change forever if we don't get our finger out soon. This boards legacy may well be making Celtic Scotland and the worlds most successful football club. That's how serious the current situation is. 

Sad to say you may have a point although things can change very quickly and in unexpected ways in football and they would be foolish to assume that 10 is in the trophy cabinet. For us it's all about improving our standards to be ready for their slip ... the worry just now is that we will be so far back any setback they face will scarcely matter 

5 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Sad to say you may have a point although things can change very quickly and in unexpected ways in football and they would be foolish to assume that 10 is in the trophy cabinet. For us it's all about improving our standards to be ready for their slip ... the worry just now is that we will be so far back any setback they face will scarcely matter 

Absolutely. We are in no position at all to capitalise on any slip up, whether they lose Rodgers, Dembele, and/or Griffiths or 3 or 4 other players. It doesn't matter. They could have a monumental collapse and still be so far ahead of us. That's the sad part in this current Rangers project. It's just not working. 

I keep repeating myself but the only thing that will close the gap is a huge investment of money. Pointless without a change of manager first of course. That is paramount, right now. 10 years after we brought Walter back to steady our sinking ship then, we yet again need another safe pair of hands to steady our ship. 

8 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Absolutely. We are in no position at all to capitalise on any slip up, whether they lose Rodgers, Dembele, and/or Griffiths or 3 or 4 other players. It doesn't matter. They could have a monumental collapse and still be so far ahead of us. That's the sad part in this current Rangers project. It's just not working. 

I keep repeating myself but the only thing that will close the gap is a huge investment of money. Pointless without a change of manager first of course. That is paramount, right now. 10 years after we brought Walter back to steady our sinking ship then, we yet again need another safe pair of hands to steady our ship. 

I'm just hoping that King has held back further investment because he's not convinced about the manager (time will tell I guess).

The very least we should be doing is putting pressure on the tims instead it's just a walk in the park for them 

9 minutes ago, B1872 said:

This place is full of papes but!

I just wonder if it's an age thing if you're a bit older you have seen a great Ibrox man like Jock Wallace having to move on and if you are a bit older still you can remember our captain marvel having to do the same thing ... perhaps it does take time to learn that no one is bigger than the club? 

On 02/02/2017 at 4:33 PM, Thermopylae said:

If the great unwashed don't change their manager and we don't change ours can anyone seriously see us closing the 25 point gap? The truth is we have made no progress in over a year now and I seriously doubt unless there is a change we ever will again. It was so obvious at the cup final that the defence was a problem and yet the manager has done bugger all about it and I for one have now run out of patience.

If they maintain their budget and we maintain ours as is then changing the manager won't help ( imho) - hence why we need time 

18 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If they maintain their budget and we maintain ours as is then changing the manager won't help ( imho) - hence why we need time 

Time to do what ?

Time to save up enough money ?

Time to get govanblue to raise money ?

Time to have some raffle and jumble sales ?

Time that we don't have,

The only folk investing at the moment are the fans.

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

We are dead in the water so it's insane not to replace the manager especially as we have a money machine gathering pace at the other of the city. It's nothing personal I like the guy but the change has to be made and preferably to someone with more experience 

The only machine in operation across the city is a fucking propaganda one. Rangers have trumped that mob commercially for well over a century . It took Lawrence Marlborough and Sourness to drag them screaming out of their fucking biscuit tin mentality FFS. It's only now due to the most restrictive and punitive of circumstances they have FINALLY moved ahead of us and all we hear is noise about money.

My advice to anybody naive enough to listen to the shite that gets spouted from that toilet and it's media outlets is don't believe everything you hear.

On 2/2/2017 at 8:33 AM, Thermopylae said:

Those 6 words were exactly my number one criticism, among many, of McCoist.  We are not progressing, if anything we are regressing and the last two transfer windows, for numerous reasons, have been disasters. 

On 02/02/2017 at 4:42 PM, Albertz 78 said:

In MW's defence, I was happy with Kranjcar, Barton and Rossiter. We've been unlucky with those three and two of them might still turn out to be good signings

22 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

We aren't even in a position to put any pressure on them anyone can win a championship with such a big cushion. 

I hope this time we get a manager with plenty of experience MW was a huge gamble that just hasn't worked  ... although that boat has long since sailed someone like Walter would be ideal 

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

We aren't even in a position to put any pressure on them anyone can win a championship with such a big cushion. 

I hope this time we get a manager with plenty of experience MW was a huge gamble that just hasn't worked  ... although that boat has long since sailed someone like Walter would be ideal 

A safe pair of hands is exactly what we need as we are free falling. If funds are tight, it is imperative we have a man who knows what they are dong, that is why Warburton was never ever going to work. He simply doesn't know what he is doing. 

14 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

A safe pair of hands is exactly what we need as we are free falling. If funds are tight, it is imperative we have a man who knows what they are dong, that is why Warburton was never ever going to work. He simply doesn't know what he is doing. 

I do think the right manager makes a big difference so it's worth pushing the boat out to get someone who will build your club up rather than break it down. If you think back Ferguson and McLean regularly beat teams in Europe who had much bigger budgets than they did indeed the sheep with a very modest team  disposed of Bayern and Real on the way to their CWC

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I do think the right manager makes a big difference so it's worth pushing the boat out to get someone who will build your club up rather than break it down. If you think back Ferguson and McLean regularly beat teams in Europe who had much bigger budgets than they did indeed the sheep with a very modest team  disposed of Bayern and Real on the way to their CWC

I totally agree mate. A proper football manager would be brilliant.