It is time the King was dethroned

Virtuoso

A counter piece to yesterdays article.

After reading the article by Nineteen-SeventyTwo about our manager and why it's time for him to leave, I thought I'd offer an alternative viewpoint for those of us with a differing opinion.

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=144&a=it-is-time-the-king-was-dethroned

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

It says we've spent 'just under 2.5m' yet according to the accounts we spent 3m on player acquisitions post June 30 in addition to increasing the wage-bill by £4m. It also completely ignores Warburton saying he could have went out and signed 15 players but it was about value and quality not quantity.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It says we've spent 'just under 2.5m' yet according to the accounts we spent 3m on player acquisitions post June 30 in addition to increasing the wage-bill by £4m. It also completely ignores Warburton saying he could have went out and signed 15 players but it was about value and quality not quantity.

Also not sure how you can do a counter piece on replacing a shareholder and replacing a manager. One is a replaceable employee and one is the only guy who has actually put in money of any substance in about 30 years. Whether that money is enough is another matter, but if someone has a big thinking alternative I like most would be all ears.

We need a chairman that's fully committed King has disappeared and full of shit he flew back had a meeting and left before The Motherwell game and been to 1 game all season. He kept screaming for transparency before he got back on the board now he's doing the exact same thing we deserve to know what is happening 

Chicken and Egg situation. Either the managers not up to it or the Chairmans not up to it, who comes first ?

Id love to be a fly on the wall in the Boardroom, do they sit there looking at stats and say it's not working too well or do they say, where's King and the cash ?

5 minutes ago, George Goudie said:

Also not sure how you can do a counter piece on replacing a shareholder and replacing a manager. One is a replaceable employee and one is the only guy who has actually put in money of any substance in about 30 years. Whether that money is enough is another matter, but if someone has a big thinking alternative I like most would be all ears.

Now look in the mirror and tell us all why this great institution actually needs king.  I would be all ears.

BTW, EVERYONE is replaceable.

9 minutes ago, George Goudie said:

Hi Dave King.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Which makes me convinced that Warburton has had a radical re-evaluation about the type of player he will go for in future. I think he knows the club far better, and has realigned his transfer policy accordingly.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Now look in the mirror and tell us all why this great institution actually needs king.  I would be all ears.

BTW, EVERYONE is replaceable.

We need someone, it doesn't have to be King, my question would be who else? There's a gap in the books which needs to be filled in the short term. Either by King or by someone else. Like I said, if anyone has another suggestion I'd be more than happy to hear it.

Not a defender of King and as pissed of with his promises as much as the next fan.

You cant blame King for the blunders the manager has made in sticking by his incompetent favourites, repetitive style of play with no end product resulting in low scoring and leading to abysmal away record and so on and so forth.

Im not into the politics of King etc  but this isn't a case at all, regretfully the manager just aint got it at this level.

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We are on a road to nowhere with king, that much is very clear and anyone who says otherwise is either lying or needs med's.

And here was me thinking IT was a footballing question about the manager and should he be replaced, I do.

I'd love to see the back of DK but where do we turn? I doubt he's got the contacts to sit in a room with a buyer. He flies over and fills our heads with shite every so often then flies away again. 

If you read MW's Q&A then he hints at needing Europa League football next year and that's what King will be wanting as well to try and claw back some of his money. 

The black and white of it all is that he doesn't have the millions we need to win the league again and he's never going to have it. The sooner everyone accepts it and arse-lickers like C1872 and The Louden stop their desperate attempts to back the guy the better 

5 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

Not a defender of King and as pissed of with his promises as much as the next fan.

You cant blame King for the blunders the manager has made in sticking by his incompetent favourites, repetitive style of play with no end product resulting in low scoring 

Sounds like a Walter Smith team that did spend close to £10m on players. 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Can you eloborate on that final point ?

What? If you read this forum when Smith was in charge it was full of people moaning about our turgid football and the choice of McCulloch, Edu etc every week (his favourites they became to be known) 

And we spent millions on buying players under Smith, it's no big secret we were making champions league and were able to spend millions on a single player, that's often what won us games, the fact we had a £4m striker to score us a goal, even when the football was shocking to watch. 

All im saying is MW isn't unique in picking favourites etc. And he hasn't had even a half of the budget former managers had 

Quote: Warburton knows how to set an attack minded team up and get results along the way????

Really? If that's the case a why have Hearts a team with smaller budget scored 9 goals more than Rangers this season? And why have we only scored 5 goals more than the team at the bottom of the league?

As for MW performance the championship that's been vastly overhyped in the article. Again using Hearts as an example the year before MW arrived they came out of admin and put together a team on a shoe string that won that league by a bigger points gap than Rangers did.

They also came to Ibrox on the first day of that season and won we lost all 4 away games to Hibs and Falkirk last season.

Using Brentford as an example of why MW is a good manager is daft as well and is not comparing like for like. Both club have different expectations they could be happy winning one game out of 3 at Rangers that's not acceptable.

Also PLG had a good pedigree before joining Rangers and that still never made him any less of a flop.

King is more culpable than anyone, we simply haven't spent enough after all of the £30m and 'front loading' of transfer budgets. 

You could have Mourinho in charge, and he couldn't win this league with the current budget. 

That said, MW sadly looks out of his depth at the moment whenever we play anyone away. I like him, but he looks lost and oblivious to the flaws at times - and that's coming from someone who robustly defends him usually.