My Two Football Hats.

tannerall

All my life I've worn two football hats. My Football Hat, and my Rangers Hat.

My Football Hat fits like a glove. I can enjoy any football. All the way from the great Real Madrid-Eintracht Hampden final and the Brazil 1970 final, to the basic two guys kicking a bit of paper around. I always see the skills, the enjoyment, the better ways to do it, the subtle changes in the movement of the players and the ball, and every time I'm wanting to be kicking the ball towards the winning goal. I've had that Football Hat a long time now, and it's a wee bit worn round the edges, but will still give me lots of pleasure, and will do in many years to come.

But then there's my Rangers Hat. That one's special. I was born with that and it's been worn a lot. The Barcelona final, Helicopter Sunday, our many great victories and results against the best in Europe and especially against the Tims. Lots and lots of good times wearing my Rangers Hat.

But my Rangers Hat sometimes gets a wee bit itchy and jagged and blows hot and cold. The defeats in big games, the bad results and the embarrassing performances, especially the last 5 years of turmoil. 

However that Rangers Hat has been a constant for me and I know it will continue to fit me perfectly for the rest of my life. I know that Rangers Hat will see me through to title 55, more success and many more great moments in my Rangers supporting history. 

So to all you Rangers Hat wearers out there, when things are down keep wearing that hat with consistency and pride. When the times of 55 titles and more trophies returns we will all be raising our Rangers Hats high. Very high, way way above the magnificent Ibrox stands, higher than the rest, and high enough for the rest of the world to admire our mighty achievements again.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Is it a magic one and did you steal it from a guy called Mark?

No mine's a lot bigger, has seen a lot more pitch geography and is more successful.

The whole time I was typing that I was trying so hard not to reference that. magic hat :happy:

Anyone else fucked off with folk who have other teams? I know it's not perhaps what is originally being talked about, but it's something I've never understood at all.

For me, as soon as you give your heart to one club then that's it there's no room for anything else. So many folk I know have an English team they support as well as Rangers and that's just nuts in my opinion.

That's why I know fuck all about any other team or league, I'm not interested.

Is Rangers not enough?

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Anyone else fucked off with folk who have other teams? I know it's not perhaps what is originally being talked about, but it's something I've never understood at all.

For me, as soon as you give your heart to one club then that's it there's no room for anything else. So many folk I know have an English team they support as well as Rangers and that's just nuts in my opinion.

Is Rangers not enough?

No. Been through that one on other threads. 

As a youngser I "adopted" other teams, Man City, Ajax, Juventus, Valencia, me and most Gers fans favoured Hearts and Dundee too. 

Over the years I've stopped that, but still fundamentally love football and all that goes with it. Rangers the one and only icing on the cake.

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Is Rangers not enough?

Aye, that's something I've never understood either. Really big thing here in Northern Ireland too, having an English club and then either us or the taigs. 

I don't count them as true fans of either club tbh.

I watch other football but I don't have a second club and couldn't care for any other team other than Rangers.

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Is Rangers not enough?

I think I'm one of those guys that fuck you off lol

Rangers are the team I have that deep passion for,that desire,the club runs through my veins. When we get beat it rips right through my heart. When we won the penalty shoot out to get to the Manchester final in the eufa cup I was bawling my eyes out. Nothing comes close.

I did however, start following Everton and Sampdoria (both because of tenuous Rangers links) when I was younger. They will always be a second team to me,but that's because I just love football

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Rangers are the team I have that deep passion for,that desire,the club runs through my veins. When we get beat it rips right through my heart. When we won the penalty shoot out to get to the Manchester final in the eufa cup I was bawling my eyes out. Nothing comes close.

I did however, start following Everton and Sampdoria (both because of tenuous Rangers links) when I was younger. They will always be a second team to me,but that's because I just love football

Fair enough mate, but I just don't get it. I guess it's like having two women it can't really be anything other than fucky fucky because if you find that special one you'll not want to fuck about with anyone else. You only start doing that when things go down the drain with your original relationship.

I think I'm calling you a bit of a whore :lol:

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Everton are the Catholic club in Liverpool I thought?

Obviously it's not an actual thing down there and most fans don't give a fuck, but I always thought they swung more towards being Catholic with Liverpool being set up by orange men? Could be wrong though.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Obviously it's not an actual thing down there and most fans don't give a fuck, but I always thought they swung more towards being Catholic with Liverpool being set up by orange men? Could be wrong though.

I think historically that's true (and to be fair I think its probably nailed on that Sampdoria are catholic too). I started following Everton when Walter and big dunc whent down there,then realised a few of our players played there at some point as well. At that age I didn't even think that way tbh

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Everton were formed as the St. Domingo f.c and have a chapel at the corner of the ground allegedly......if this helps:dance:

25 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Is Rangers not enough?

They obviously never had "the talk". Or are glory hunters. 

There's a guy in my work who supports Barcelona. He's never been to see them. Claims he's supported them as a kid. When I asked why I never got an answer. 

I said why not support a team you can physically go to? He replied with Scottish football is shit. I made the point that it is but it would improve a lot if people actually went to games that would allow teams to invest and bring in more quality. 

Bewilders me why people have their first choice as a team in another country. 

1 minute ago, Bluenose1986 said:

There's a guy in my work who supports Barcelona. He's never been to see them. Claims he's supported them as a kid. When I asked why I never got an answer. 

I said why not support a team you can physically go to? He replied with Scottish football is shit. I made the point that it is but it would improve a lot if people actually went to games that would allow teams to invest and bring in more quality. 

My first choice is in another country. 

I love the glory hunting. 

Just now, Bluenose1986 said:

Well I really can't talk mate, because I live down in England. I had to move down here for work a couple years back so I can only get up to see the occasional game. But I do buy as much Rangers stuff as I can to make me feel a bit better and like a supporter again.

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Yet Goodison is built round an Anglican Church, which opens up for fans on matchdays, apparently.

I always thought the same as you but, having met a good few Everton fans, none of them have played that card (let's face it, it never takes long before you find out if folk are RC or not!).

All of them have shown an interest in us because of the spell when there was quite a bit of player traffic between the two clubs.

Most of them (that I've met) look on us fondly for selling them Duncan Ferguson. I used to see one every 3 or 4 months & he would always thank me for that!

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

All my life I've worn two football hats. My Football Hat, and my Rangers Hat.

My Football Hat fits like a glove. I can enjoy any football. All the way from the great Real Madrid-Eintracht Hampden final and the Brazil 1970 final, to the basic two guys kicking a bit of paper around. I always see the skills, the enjoyment, the better ways to do it, the subtle changes in the movement of the players and the ball, and every time I'm wanting to be kicking the ball towards the winning goal. I've had that Football Hat a long time now, and it's a wee bit worn round the edges, but will still give me lots of pleasure, and will do in many years to come.

But then there's my Rangers Hat. That one's special. I was born with that and it's been worn a lot. The Barcelona final, Helicopter Sunday, our many great victories and results against the best in Europe and especially against the Tims. Lots and lots of good times wearing my Rangers Hat.

But my Rangers Hat sometimes gets a wee bit itchy and jagged and blows hot and cold. The defeats in big games, the bad results and the embarrassing performances, especially the last 5 years of turmoil. 

However that Rangers Hat has been a constant for me and I know it will continue to fit me perfectly for the rest of my life. I know that Rangers Hat will see me through to title 55, more success and many more great moments in my Rangers supporting history. 

So to all you Rangers Hat wearers out there, when things are down keep wearing that hat with consistency and pride. When the times of 55 titles and more trophies returns we will all be raising our Rangers Hats high. Very high, way way above the magnificent Ibrox stands, higher than the rest, and high enough for the rest of the world to admire our mighty achievements again.

You got a brown hat?

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Yet Goodison is built round an Anglican Church, which opens up for fans on matchdays, apparently.

I always thought the same as you but, having met a good few Everton fans, none of them have played that card (let's face it, it never takes long before you find out if folk are RC or not!).

All of them have shown an interest in us because of the spell when there was quite a bit of player traffic between the two clubs.

Most of them (that I've met) look on us fondly for selling them Duncan Ferguson. I used to see one every 3 or 4 months & he would always thank me for that!

He would say, HG5, thanks for Duncan Ferguson?

Are Everton fans a bit mental? :lol:

Don't think I've thanked any other fan for getting their player, I've said get it right fucking up you after getting as much info on the new players as possible. 

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Always remember a cilla  black interview were she says Liverpool were the team for Proddy dogs

and any devout catholic supported Everton