Does anyone still want Warburton as manager?

LiviGer

2 hours ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

Fair point, but I think he has played a big part in implementing a change in how we play/develop our youth teams.

On the 1st team (clearly his most important remit!), I like what he is trying to build. It is miles off and I think you could expect better on a pound for pound basis.. but that itself wouldnt catch Celtic! We need to sig ificantly outperform investment and that requires a synergy of tactics/style > investment. He may not be the best but may be our best hope!

U20's sitting with -4 goal difference playing to the much heralded same system as the first team. Need I say more.

He is destroying our club. He is no hope.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Is there a better manager out there who is willing to take on this job?  Celtic have monopolised the Scottish game while we're expected to compete with no money to spend.  How many managers who hold dear their reputation would accept this thankless task?

Football people will do anything for a wage.

How else would Leeds ever get a manager?

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Do Leeds get lots of good managers?  Maybe we should ask them to identify our next manager.

I'd take Monk in a heartbeat!

I don't see how we're in a position to criticise anyone else's choice of managers after our recent showings.

45 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

U20's sitting with -4 goal difference playing to the much heralded same system as the first team. Need I say more.

He is destroying our club. He is no hope.

But is the reason for this not the fact that the u20's not a bunch of kids that are 16 and 17. Most of the players who should be in the u20's were sent out on loan and the ones who Warburton didn't think were up to scratch were let go

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You seen much of the U20s this season?

6 wins out of 19 games played with a goal difference of -4.

Do I see a trend emerging similar to the first team? Can't think why.

Must be a team full of superstars right enough.

Their learning, right?

Mullholland is an SFA cloned community coach and McParland is another trough guzzling academy chancer, just like his boss.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

6 wins out of 19 games played with a goal difference of -4.

Do I see a trend emerging similar to the first team? Can't think why.

Must be a team full of superstars right enough.

Their learning, right?

Mullholland is an SFA cloned community coach and McParland is another trough guzzling academy chancer, just like his boss.

Have you actually seen anything of them with your own eyes other than simply relying on statistics to give you an idea of where we are in terms of youth development? You do know results aren't the be all and end all at Youth Level otherwise Celtic would be approaching 20 in a row Champions of Scotland and Man United would be sweeping all before them down south.

Interesting you cite the U20s as an example yet fail to mention their coach while using the club's head of recruitment as a stick to beat them.

2 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

M.W. has chucked it, he's pissed off at the lack of investment which is understandable, but not excusable.

We need a manager who is EXCITED by the challenge of making a silk purse out of a sows ear.

How much investment was MW expecting?

I want him to succeed as think he is a genuine guy but I just don't think he has the mentality we need in a manager. I think he has spent too much time within development football where the result is maybe not the most important thing. I think he has lost the majority of the fans and can't really see how he can turn it around. One thing I would say though is that in the first half of last season I was enjoying going to games again something that I hadn't done in the 3 previous seasons. He was a breath of fresh air at the start and I would thank him for that but the hard truth is that his philosophy is now not fit for purpose for one reason or another.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Have you actually seen anything of them with your own eyes other than simply relying on statistics to give you an idea of where we are in terms of youth development? You do know results aren't the be all and end all at Youth Level otherwise Celtic would be approaching 20 in a row Champions of Scotland and Man United would be sweeping all before them down south.

Interesting you cite the U20s as an example yet fail to mention their coach while using the club's head of recruitment as a stick to beat them.

We are with youth development as we always are. Shit! Always have been, always will be. Not just a Rangers problem I may add, but the nepotistic culture that surrounds youth developent in this backwater.

So the not so magic hat installs his system accross our youth. Well doesn't that just fucking fill us all with confidence. A clown who picks shite week in week out to play to a shite system.

Then we have Mulpholland the sfa community coach guru. You must be having a fucking giraffe?!

Then we have the pals act incompetent, identifying talent at all levels syphoning them through what agent again?

Yes 6 wins out of 19 games played. You wouldn't know youth development if you fell over it, but you do probably know more than Mark and Mulholland combined, but that wouldn't be fucking hard.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

We've ran a poll. 525 (33% of those who have voted so far) want to keep him

http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2017/2/4/14508738/fan-poll-should-mark-warburton-be-sacked-as-rangers-manager

I kind of got the idea you had the unwashed on that site but fuck sake didn't think 33% :huh: Still give it about another hour and they get their act together and you could get 95% participation.

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We are with youth development as we always are. Shit! Always have been, always will be. Not just a Rangers problem I may add, but the nepotistic culture that surrounds youth developent in this backwater.

So the not so magic hat installs his system accross our youth. Well doesn't that just fucking fill us all with confidence. A clown who picks shite week in week out to play to a shite system.

Then we have Mulpholland the sfa community coach guru. You must be having a fucking giraffe?!

Then we have the pals act incompetent, identifying talent at all levels syphoning them through what agent again?

Yes 6 wins out of 19 games played. You wouldn't know youth development if you fell over it, but you do probably know more than Mark and Mulholland combined, but that wouldn't be fucking hard.

So how much of them have you seen or are you surmising this from looking at the league table having not seen much/anything of them?

You know Mulholland isn't involved in the day-to-day coaching of the U20s? That's Graeme Murty's job.

Which young talent in particular was siphoned through this agent? Any names?

You seem to place great emphasis on results in the U20s. While it's important it's definitely not the most important factor in developing talented players. I'm absolutely not any kind of youth development guru but I'd like to think I know a little bit about the U20s and our setup. There's some very talented players coming through just now and there's more than a few who look like they could grow into key players for us in the future.

3 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I kind of got the idea you had the unwashed on that site but fuck sake didn't think 33% :huh: Still give it about another hour and they get their act together and you could get 95% participation.

You must know something our analytics don't then. We've had less than a dozen referrals from Celtic sites/twitter accounts and only two have viewed that page so they've either got us bookmarked or piled in through a Rangers site. :hmmm:

Just now, The Dude said:

You must know something our analytics don't then. We've had less than a dozen referrals from Celtic sites/twitter accounts and only two have viewed that page so they've either got us bookmarked or piled in through a Rangers site. :hmmm:

FF will do that to you.

Your alright though, I would never dream of visiting your site.

Just now, Malvern said:

FF will do that to you.

Your alright though, I would never dream of visiting your site.

FF isn't our highest referrer. We rarely get them from FF tbh. Get more from here.

That's a shame. You're missing out on some good stuff, if I must say so myself, and we've got some really good interviews coming up over the next few weeks.

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

FF isn't our highest referrer. We rarely get them from FF tbh. Get more from here.

That's a shame. You're missing out on some good stuff, if I must say so myself, and we've got some really good interviews coming up over the next few weeks.

If those interviews are anything like our post match interviews I think I will continue to play with my fork in my eye thanks.

Still best of luck in your endeavours, hope you achieve all you want. Not meaning to denigrate but for fuck sake even I am going off MW and 33% of people wanting him to stay just doesn't sit right for me just now. Might just be the after effect of a match BUT I have been thinking about this for weeks now. The non tactical changes in formation, the 60 (or 62 min today) subs and the pushing players out of position just doesn't seem right to me. How many times we see Miller in front of the defence (defensive midfield role) just bemuses me but maybe that is my glasses playing tricks on me.

I must admit to be a bloke who likes the square peg to go in the bloody square hole, kind of autistic that way, I like the philosophy of MW but you can't do it with the money available to us and getting in loan players who will be replaced in six months with another loan. It just is not the way things will go forward in Scotland, we need better bloody refs, less hammer throwers and less squandered chances on our part before things would even be possible for us.

Just now I am not sure without major investment anything will happen and let's face it, who would want to invest in such a divided support base and possible future investment potential?

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So how much of them have you seen or are you surmising this from looking at the league table having not seen much/anything of them?

You know Mulholland isn't involved in the day-to-day coaching of the U20s? That's Graeme Murty's job.

Which young talent in particular was siphoned through this agent? Any names?

You seem to place great emphasis on results in the U20s. While it's important it's definitely not the most important factor in developing talented players. I'm absolutely not any kind of youth development guru but I'd like to think I know a little bit about the U20s and our setup. There's some very talented players coming through just now and there's more than a few who look like they could grow into key players for us in the future.

History tells us they won't and under the current regime, a whole generation could be decimated.