Does anyone still want Warburton as manager?

LiviGer

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still want him to turn it around. Can he? I'm not sure to be honest. Think some fans are too far gone to recover. 

There's aspects of the club that are being completely redeveloped, which is what's needed and best overseen by a 'strategic' thinker like him. We're not just building a new first 11 remember. 

He hasn't had the backing of the board to the extent previous Rangers managers have, not to mention the level of backing the filth's current manager does. The board are as much if not more to blame than him. King in particular has lied and not lived up to promises he made. 

We expect better and expect to win every game. Is that even realistic? No, probably not. Is it realistic on our current budget? No, definately not.

That said, results haven't been good enough. If he was to be sacked / resign I wouldn't complain. What is key is that he's replaced by someone of better quality, not similar or worse AND that replacement must be backed financially. 

I do kind of feel for him he brought in players in the summer and for what ever reason Injurys & scraps the signings never worked out. But enough is enough his ignorance to not changing his system is a joke. It's the same shit every week bar the first 30 mins against the tims, every game a time ibrox this season is basically the same game. Same shape same tempo same subs same shite every fucking week. Have a bit of class that wee all thought u had mark and resign before your pushed. 

Is they're a case to be heard for Mark Warburton to stay and continue what he is trying to implement but do so with a more experienced assistant manager. When the players want to turn it on they can play some decent football. 

Behind every great manager there's an assistant- the one who is the link between the boss and the players, the one who leads training sessions, the one who sees and hears the things the main man may not.

Possibly Mark doesn't have the right skill set to get the players playing for him something a decent assistant manager can possibly rectify. 

Davie Weir can put his boots back on, he probably still is a better defender than one or two of the shitebags currently there. 

On 2/4/2017 at 7:19 PM, williamcarvel9 said:

No money to spend?? £1.8M on Garner, £500K on O'Halloran, £250K on a back up Keeper who's not gonna see the 1st team? Have Hearts or Aberdeen spent £2.5M+??

That's not even considering the development fees for Rossiter/Dodoo  

There is someone with a brain on this forum. We paid 1.5 - 1.8M for garner he plays but doesn't score. Paid 500k for moh, rossiter, dodoo, crooks/windass combined. Apart from windass he doesn't play them. Pays senderos 10-15k a week and didn't play him. We have money but if I was Dave king I would be asking wtf he's doing with this money. Out of those players garner and windass are the only players he gives a chance too. THEN to top it all off (known we don't score goals or defend well) buys a goalkeeper ?? I have 100% faith we have money ! 

I sincerely hope we don't bring in Wright or McInnes. If the board are too far gone with MW they need to be looking at replacements now, get him and tell him how much he has to spend, whilst the manager sits and decides who and what he wants at the club. We need to be on the ball come pre-season. None of this gelling period for 4 months at a time and certainly not 20+ behind the tarriers by Christmas.

Pardew is a decent shout from that list but I'd still be aiming higher than that, even if it meant a cut in the playing budget. The manager should be the most respected and highest paid at the club. You get what you pay for and if were going to look as low as Wright and McInnes then mediocrity will continue.

41 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I sincerely hope we don't bring in Wright or McInnes. If the board are too far gone with MW they need to be looking at replacements now, get him and tell him how much he has to spend, whilst the manager sits and decides who and what he wants at the club. We need to be on the ball come pre-season. None of this gelling period for 4 months at a time and certainly not 20+ behind the tarriers by Christmas.

Pardew is a decent shout from that list but I'd still be aiming higher than that, even if it meant a cut in the playing budget. The manager should be the most respected and highest paid at the club. You get what you pay for and if were going to look as low as Wright and McInnes then mediocrity will continue.

You can see it happening a mile off, we will stick with MW until the end of the season, he will then come out and say he has taken us as far as he can. Then we will be scrambling about for a manager in the summer, no time for them to put their stamp on the team and we will be in the same position 12 months down the line. If the change is going to happen it needs to be sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Front loaded investment in the footballing side of £30-50m...

Haha so you genuinely think he was going to give MW 30 to 50 million to spend ? Come on ! There is a lot of investment in the back ground (youth set up) that costs a lot of money. Senderos is on 15k a week, if Barton was still here he was on 20k. Those two player along would cost us the best part of 2m a year just in wages. If a manager is given 30m it normally means he has to take wages off it.  The long and the short of it is, he was given enough money to go out and sign the RIGHT Players. He went down the free agent route and ended up paying high wages for shite !! 

18 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I still want him to turn it around. Can he? I'm not sure to be honest. Think some fans are too far gone to recover. 

There's aspects of the club that are being completely redeveloped, which is what's needed and best overseen by a 'strategic' thinker like him. We're not just building a new first 11 remember. 

He hasn't had the backing of the board to the extent previous Rangers managers have, not to mention the level of backing the filth's current manager does. The board are as much if not more to blame than him. King in particular has lied and not lived up to promises he made. 

We expect better and expect to win every game. Is that even realistic? No, probably not. Is it realistic on our current budget? No, definately not.

That said, results haven't been good enough. If he was to be sacked / resign I wouldn't complain. What is key is that he's replaced by someone of better quality, not similar or worse AND that replacement must be backed financially. 

What aspects of the club has he redeveloped? Keep seeing people say things like that with nothing to back it up. Youth system, scouting etc. is all still pathetic/non existent. 

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Don't want either of them but both would do a better job. Really like Tommy Wright, maybe not this time but if he goes down south and does ok he'd be someone I'd maybe consider in the future. Gary Rowatt's available I'd do everything to try and get him before someone else snaps him up..

4 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

The club and fans a manager and coaching team befitting our club and it's great stature within this country. 

When we went down to the 3rd division we had to get rid of all that ?? We had the best coachs in the world before that. Getting back to that situation again costs money. Right now by the looks and sounds of it that's where the money is going. Even the 30m king promised would be a drop in the ocean to get that back. People can't moan about no youth and team investment, just now it's one or the other. King HAS backed MW he's just not recruited well 

His player recruitment and stubbornness has ultimately been his downfall.  His brand of possession-based football with a slow build up worked well for the first few months of the Championship but we were very quickly found out, and have seldom put in a good performance since.  The players he has signed are simply not good enough to play the system he wants to play.

This season was always going to be difficult,  i wouldn't want Warburton to go. 

Had he done a good managerial job?  Not exactly.  Has the team gave him their best,  no they haven't.  And I'd wager king hasnt supported best he could. 

Sacking him this season would be a knee jerk reaction end of the day,  but after next season if performances isn't any better then yes he must go.  But for now he should stay. 

On 2/4/2017 at 7:13 PM, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Is there a better manager out there who is willing to take on this job?  Celtic have monopolised the Scottish game while we're expected to compete with no money to spend.  How many managers who hold dear their reputation would accept this thankless task?

I think there is. I still think we could attract a top name to manage us. 

The trouble is, the absent, potless liar King and his rag and bone board cohorts are so fucking pratted that the likelihood of us capturing a significant upgrade sits somewhere between slim and fuck all

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Had he done a good managerial job?  Not exactly.  Has the team gave him their best,  no they haven't.  And I'd wager king hasnt supported best he could. 

Sacking him this season would be a knee jerk reaction end of the day,  but after next season if performances isn't any better then yes he must go.  But for now he should stay. 

What do you see in Warburton to suggest that he is capable of being the man to take us back to the top? Genuinely interested. Tactics, signings, substitutions, mentality, interviews, nothing I have seen suggests he has anything to offer, so I'm intrigued?

10 hours ago, CRARFC said:

Can I just as a question ? A lot of people are saying the board aren't giving what they promised ? What are they not giving ? 

Good question the board have stumped up 19.4 million so far with another 3million coming in by the end of the month just to keep the lights on and get us to the end of the season .we don't have a brass penny to spend on sacking anyone or bringing anyone in.MW will be here next season unless he decides to walk or he fails to get second place (the target set by the board).the manager badly needs an"Alex Ferguson" moment to turn things round as I believe his ethos and philosophy are the only way forward now.

12 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

We've been shite for over a year. Knee jerk my arse.

1 minute ago, ronniemca said:

Good question the board have stumped up 19.4 million so far with another 3million coming in by the end of the month just to keep the lights on and get us to the end of the season .we don't have a brass penny to spend on sacking anyone or bringing anyone in.MW will be here next season unless he decides to walk or he fails to get second place (the target set by the board).the manager badly needs an"Alex Ferguson" moment to turn things round as I believe his ethos and philosophy are the only way forward now.

And yet King still came out and said he would put forward £30-£50m for transfer fees.