*** The Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ***

Rangers Lady

4 hours ago, Muz333 said:

I'm excited to see what our team will be and what our style of football will be today.

Nothing was ever going to change althoguh the wee 442 flutter near the end was interesting. We created more clear cut chance in that short spell than we have all season just about! That in game change had Morton all over the place. No surprise we didn't capitalise on it. The players just aren't good enough. 

Toral looks like he is pulling a horse cart. Holt is like a little lost boy. Halliday out of his depth. Tavernier very poor. Wallace very poor. Senderos awful. Waghorn was decent but wastes so many chances. Miller done what Miller does. McKay terrific up until he has to produce a final ball and then becomes Wayne Biggins. If he had an end product he would genuinely be this great talent some of our fans think he is. O'Halloran done nothing. Hodson showed why he is a sub at best, poor and makes too many mistakes to be a Rangers defender. 

As for the caretaker. Don't like the look of him at all. Stunned he stuck Holt and Halliday back in there. Same predictable 60 minute sub as MW as well. Few positives though. Getting through obviously one. Giving 442 a try another. 

Job done today, nothing more, nothing less. 

23 minutes ago, Easton82 said:

Honestly think we need a clear out and start again. Apart fae Barrie McKay I dnt see a fitba player on that pitch. That defence is totally shocking! I'm absolutely dreading this old firm game coming up. Only bonus being is that I'm away to Benidorm the nxt morn! 

It seriously could be 7 or 8 if it's that team today with same guy in charge

7 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

Must cost Halliday 50% more than the rest of the team for boots - 'Cos he needs 3.

One for each foot and one for his arse.

The one on his arse wears out quicker than the ones on his feet as he spends more time on his arse.

Senderos has a heid like a thruppenny bit !!

Do you mean a thruppenny bit or a thruppenny bit, not being funny but there is a difference.

41 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

In fairness he is the developmenty coach, does a good job and was thrown in at the deep-end YESTERDAY.  Hard to blame a coach.

Under 20s coach forced into a position he'd never imagine, doesn't matter what team his dad supported. He did the job for one game. He's not in any way responsible for the players on the field playing as they are. 100% win record and back to the kids tomorrow. Thank you. 

Just now, bornabear said:

Do you mean a thruppenny bit or a thruppenny bit, not being funny but there is a difference.

I mean the coin which was half of a sixpence in value and had several sides.

Having a head of this shape would make it extremely difficult to head a ball in the intended direction.

Just now, Jasper Blues said:

I mean the coin which was half of a sixpence in value and had several sides.

Having a head of this shape would make it extremely difficult to head a ball in the intended direction.

Cheers mate, I like your answer, any one of the 12 sides.

May I explain the other, that of Cockney rhyming, meaning a tit.

30,000 at Ibrox against a team 3rd in the championship live on tv, Unwashed play on a day when people prefer to go to football against Premiership opposition,Live on tv and can only muster 25,000.

Maybe they are all saving up for valentines day.

Good crowd today given the circumstances.

Bits were okay going forward but our defence and midfield look absolutely terrified when the opposition are attacking. Not even threatening attacks, just crossing the half way line and our organisation just goes to shit.

Defence wise we got away with one today. The last attack was a complete shambles and embarrassment and that was after being back to wall against a young team from a lower league. 

We need a a temporary measure to get some pride and dig back with a view to a major overhaul in the summer that will take 2/3 years to get right. There's no quick fix here even with money thrown at it. Start with eliminating players who have zero character and no passion when it comes to pulling on the blue jersey.

Granted Halliday has had a terrible season but I bet with the right man at the helm you can get him to put in 100% effort and throw himself into every tackle knowing he is going to win it. He is suffering a crisis in confidence and he is making mistakes that he wouldn't have last year. If he gets his head right he will do a job as a squad player. Clint Hill has heart too and has been one of our better players this season. Hopefully Danny Wilson can partner him and we can work on not conceding goals so easily. Sendoras was awful today and I would hate to think how much he is getting paid. There is a player in Kiernan somewhere but when his head is up his arse he is hopeless and it's not a one off, one poor game leads to another. 

Michael O'Halloran should never kick a ball for us again, I have never seen a player looking as uninterested and uncommitted as he did today. He clearly doesn't want to be here and will be glad to see him go if anyone is daft enough to buy him.

Kenny Miller done it again, he has never let us down and knows what it is all about. Fit as a fiddle at 37 and should be the first name on the team sheet next weekend. If the board to anything get this guy signed on for next year. You can see the hurt in him when we are playing poorly and he has the desire to win and accept nothing else. It was only a few years ago there were another 10 men on the pitch that thought the exact same thing. That's what we are missing - winning is everything and is the only acceptable way to go at Rangers.