*** The Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ***

Rangers Lady

In all my years I dont think Ive seen 2 more disinterested substitutes than Toral and Ohalloran.

Toral looked as if he had walked onto the set of Ice Station Zebra and as for Ohalloran the sooner hes away the better.

Hodson looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights and his comedy double act with Foderingham at the end just about capped a crazy weekend.

I thought that big Wes should've saved that shot, for their goal. He got a touch on it, but was caught out of position, which never helped him. 

I like Wes, but he looked a bit shaky today, maybe it was the thought of Senderos playing in front of him?

We really need to get a new CD sorted. Hill is the only half decent guy we've got there, but if he's up against pace he struggles. Going back to the piggery scares me with our defence. It could be 6 next time, if we don't sort that mess out very soon. My poor heart can't take much more, it skips a beat just reading the team line up. Fucks knows how my heart would react if, for any reason, we were left with no option but to play Kiernan, and Senderos, as our two central defenders.??

12 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I thought that big Wes should've saved that shot, for their goal. He got a touch on it, but was caught out of position, which never helped him. 

I like Wes, but he looked a bit shaky today, maybe it was the thought of Senderos playing in front of him?

We really need to get a new CD sorted. Hill is the only half decent guy we've got there, but if he's up against pace he struggles. Going back to the piggery scares me with our defence. It could be 6 next time, if we don't sort that mess out very soon. My poor heart can't take much more, it skips a beat just reading the team line up. Fucks knows how my heart would react if, for any reason, we were left with no option but to play Kiernan, and Senderos, as our two central defenders.??

Wilson and Hill is the best combo. Wilson was at his best when playing alongside Weir. The experienced campaigner alongside him brings the best out of him. 

The defence is bad but the lack of strength in midfield is worse. Just too lightweight. 

1 minute ago, Bakbear said:

Wilson and Hill is the best combo. Wilson was at his best when playing alongside Weir. The experienced campaigner alongside him brings the best out of him. 

The defence is bad but the lack of strength in midfield is worse. Just too lightweight. 

Yeah 'lightweight' seems to be the common source to all our problems, right throughout the team from back to front.

I'd say Hill, Hyndman, Miller, and McKay, are our best players. I also have a soft spot for Lee Wallace, he's a very good left back, especially going forward with McKay, but not a great one. Big Wes has saved us a few times, but even he's starting to look suspect at times lately.

6 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Yeah 'lightweight' seems to be the common source to all our problems, right throughout the team from back to front.

I'd say Hill, Hyndman, Miller, and McKay, are our best players. I also have a soft spot for Lee Wallace, he's a very good left back, especially going forward with McKay, but not a great one. Big Wes has saved us a few times, but even he's starting to look suspect at times lately.

I would love a McCall or an ian ferguson in the midfield right now 

11 hours ago, Imodium said:

Bits were okay going forward but our defence and midfield look absolutely terrified when the opposition are attacking. Not even threatening attacks, just crossing the half way line and our organisation just goes to shit.

Defence wise we got away with one today. The last attack was a complete shambles and embarrassment and that was after being back to wall against a young team from a lower league. 

We need a a temporary measure to get some pride and dig back with a view to a major overhaul in the summer that will take 2/3 years to get right. There's no quick fix here even with money thrown at it. Start with eliminating players who have zero character and no passion when it comes to pulling on the blue jersey.

Granted Halliday has had a terrible season but I bet with the right man at the helm you can get him to put in 100% effort and throw himself into every tackle knowing he is going to win it. He is suffering a crisis in confidence and he is making mistakes that he wouldn't have last year. If he gets his head right he will do a job as a squad player. Clint Hill has heart too and has been one of our better players this season. Hopefully Danny Wilson can partner him and we can work on not conceding goals so easily. Sendoras was awful today and I would hate to think how much he is getting paid. There is a player in Kiernan somewhere but when his head is up his arse he is hopeless and it's not a one off, one poor game leads to another. 

Michael O'Halloran should never kick a ball for us again, I have never seen a player looking as uninterested and uncommitted as he did today. He clearly doesn't want to be here and will be glad to see him go if anyone is daft enough to buy him.

Kenny Miller done it again, he has never let us down and knows what it is all about. Fit as a fiddle at 37 and should be the first name on the team sheet next weekend. If the board to anything get this guy signed on for next year. You can see the hurt in him when we are playing poorly and he has the desire to win and accept nothing else. It was only a few years ago there were another 10 men on the pitch that thought the exact same thing. That's what we are missing - winning is everything and is the only acceptable way to go at Rangers.

I am so glad you are not going to be our next manager .... Halliday is a terrible player and should never be wearing a Blue jersey Kiernan is actually worse and should be punted asap along with Senderos Holt Hill Garner Tav and Hodson. We will never catch the sheep with these players never mind challenge that other lot !!!!

10 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

I am so glad you are not going to be our next manager .... Halliday is a terrible player and should never be wearing a Blue jersey Kiernan is actually worse and should be punted asap along with Senderos Holt Hill Garner Tav and Hodson. We will never catch the sheep with these players never mind challenge that other lot !!!!

Your right but you missed out torn face(moh) never seen someone so disinterested when he came on,shite footballer and a weird guy as well,barely says two words to the other players,probably a plant for the tims☹️

22 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Fair enough but you need to work with what you have until the summer. Walter Smith motivated PLG's team into a more respectable position. You also can't promote a handful of youngsters because the youth squad aren't exactly setting their league on fire.

Worse defence I can remember in my 34 years as a rangers supporter. The amount of mistakes they make must be a record for any defence! I hope we get a manager in as soon as possible someone that wnt put up wae players not giving 100% or constantly fucking up because the game against the tims ain't that far away and that team needs sorted out or were be onto another doing and il be off to Benidorm the nxt day on a right downer. There's no fight in that team a team of pussies if u ask me. Pass sideways and back the way scared to take a shot on. Nae urgency nae dig. 

1 hour ago, Easton82 said:

Worse defence I can remember in my 34 years as a rangers supporter. The amount of mistakes they make must be a record for any defence! I hope we get a manager in as soon as possible someone that wnt put up wae players not giving 100% or constantly fucking up because the game against the tims ain't that far away and that team needs sorted out or were be onto another doing and il be off to Benidorm the nxt day on a right downer. There's no fight in that team a team of pussies if u ask me. Pass sideways and back the way scared to take a shot on. Nae urgency nae dig. 

Build from the back - its possibly why my head is saying get big Eck back in.

There's just not enough fire in the team. And that toral is shite, I can't believe how some were clamouring for MOH to start games when he is one of the worst players I've ever seen- he was bought on one good game.

halliday is the midfield version in kiernan