*** The Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ***

Rangers Lady

1 minute ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Another win for them last night away to Raith. Only 6 points off the junkies now.

They're having a great season. The way we've been playing, and the way they've been playing, I honestly won't be surprised if they go in front against us at the very least.

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

They're having a great season. The way we've been playing, and the way they've been playing, I honestly won't be surprised if they go in front against us at the very least.

Ach, you never know with the Scottish Cup. Sometimes the underdog raises its game, and wins...

Right now we are looking like the underdogs, so hopefully this is true. 

At some point in time very soon all this commitment, possession, passing around the pitch and so on need to be converted game after game into goals.- and goals that win games.   And not just marginally or in the last few minutes of a game having played on the edge of success or failure for most of the game.  

The managerial competence of Warburton aside, for the sake of the Club this season it sure would be good if the players on Sunday got into a mindset of not just winning the game but winning it well - then going and doing just that.    Then repeat it for the rest of the season.  

Regardless of Warburton's rhetoric and management style its time the players took more personal responsibility and collective responsibility as a team and got more of a grip on scoring goals and winning games.   Sunday would be a good time for that to start to happen.   

38 minutes ago, Sausages said:

We'll annihilate this mob, even with recent results. It's Greenock Morton FFS.

5-0.

So with our poor form you still reckon we will "annihilate" them. They've caused us problems in the recent past, I'm not so sure, any win will do me.

23 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

So with our poor form you still reckon we will "annihilate" them. They've caused us problems in the recent past, I'm not so sure, any win will do me.

Again. It's Greenock Morton.

Greenock Morton.

1 minute ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

What's your point? You saying they are shite? We've been dropping points to shite all season.

Any chance you could tell me which of these shite teams have actually beaten us at home this season? Tell you what, I'll even throw in last season.

Just now, Sausages said:

Any chance you could tell me which of these shite teams have actually beaten us at home this season? Tell you what, I'll even throw in last season.

Wow that really is a record to be proud of.

What teams have we 'annihilated' at home? We've scored more than 2 goals once this season.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Wow that really is a record to be proud of.

What teams have we 'annihilated' at home? We've scored more than 2 goals once this season.

QOS. Kilmarnock. Stanraer. Peterhead. All Championship/League 1 standard sides. Just like Morton.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

In that case, we'll definitely 'annihilate' them then.

If the precedent is anything to go by we probably will, aye. Won't stop our new age green boot loving "supporters" pishing their frillies in the meantime.

10 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

At some point in time very soon all this commitment, possession, passing around the pitch and so on need to be converted game after game into goals.- and goals that win games.   And not just marginally or in the last few minutes of a game having played on the edge of success or failure for most of the game.  

The managerial competence of Warburton aside, for the sake of the Club this season it sure would be good if the players on Sunday got into a mindset of not just winning the game but winning it well - then going and doing just that.    Then repeat it for the rest of the season.  

Regardless of Warburton's rhetoric and management style its time the players took more personal responsibility and collective responsibility as a team and got more of a grip on scoring goals and winning games.   Sunday would be a good time for that to start to happen.   

Good point - whatever happened to the bit the old managers used to say about 'having no control over them once they step over that white line'.

We're so short of players who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

Guest Lloyd72
7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yet, you suggest Kiernan? Holt as a defensive midfielder? Toral? Tavernier?

Thought Toral was one of our few decent players last time out tbf, great assist for the goal.